Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    This issue (Dr. Strange v.2 #57) was glorious. I loved the whole Roger Stern's run, but Kevin Nowlan here really made it superb. Those issues by Dan Green were great, too, I can't understand why Marvel didn't use him more often as a full artist instead of a simple inker.

Also, I liked that she was called by her real name, Jimaine Szardos --not by the fake 'Amanda Sefton'. Her gypsy origin was respected, too, as well as her mother's, although the artists dressed them up in an unnecessary bizarre way (as usually).
    This one is a strage costume for Amanda. I love her second Magik one.

And here are Terry costumes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post

I like the pink boots and skirt combo maybe change the color for the new day and age ����

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I always really liked Siryn's X-Factor costume but the Power-Girl cleavage hole is weird imo. There's just something about it paired with the cape that looked off to me.
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think you may like red-heads on the lighter side. ;-)

But, I was never a fan of her 90's looks (or characterization after Claremont) and prefer her debut pink costume and her Magik look, though Illyana fans may kill me. And that said is it really fair to blame Amanda for stealing the soul sword legacy even when Amanda debuted first as a sorceress and had ties to Doc Strange first? Could it be seen that Yana stole the whole Strange thing from Amanda? I'd say they are even. She'd been dead for so long too by that point. I don't think she was a replacement so much as a temporary custodian though I still don't blame you for being upset. No one likes seeing their favorite character dead and another character in storylines you would like your own to be in.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-25-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I think you may like read-heads on the lighter side. ;-)

But, I was never a fan of her 90's looks (or characterization after Claremont) and prefer her debut pink costume and her Magik look, though Illyana fans may kill me. And that said is it really fair to blame Amanda for stealing the soul sword legacy even when Amanda debuted first as a sorceress and had ties to Doc Strange first? Could it be seen that Yana stole the whole Strange thing from Amanda? I'd say they are even. She'd been dead for so long too by that point. I don't think she was a replacement so much as a temporary custonion though I still don't blame you for being upset. No one likes seeing their favorite character dead and another character in storylines you would like your own to be in.
    I like Illyana, but after her return the just cast Amanda away from limbo and pretend Amanda as magik never existed.

Yeah, but she is stuck between life and dead. Hate it!

The funny thing is that if Claremont was told they were no longer an item when they were still alive like he asked on his Facebook then Amanda may have still been alive somewhere else... which is strange as CC should know that they weren't together since he broke them up initially, later turned him into a priest and wrote the romantic tension with Ororo, Rachel and Betsy in his Reload run with no Amanda in sight as she was off ruling Limbo which he also wrote in Black Sun - her introduction as Magik. He also had him married to Kymri in The End.

I think I would like a new costume for each lady. Ones that are not complex in design but new, bright and imaginative.

Ultimate Member

I liked Terry's look from the 90's...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The funny thing is that if Claremont was told they were no longer an item when they were still alive like he asked on his Facebook then Amanda may have still been alive somewhere else... which is strange as CC should know that they weren't together since he broke them up initially, later turned him into a priest and wrote the romantic tension with Ororo, Rachel and Betsy in his Reload run with no Amanda in sight as she was off ruling Limbo which he also wrote in Black Sun - her introduction as Magik. He also had him married to Kymri in The End.
    Yeah, they hadn't been an item since the brief reunion towards the end of Excalibur where "Amanda" was actually Margali in Amanda's body most of the time, and when she wasn't, she and Kurt weren't really getting along.

So Claremont did ask, and no one told him or something? And you're right, they've essentially been broken up since Uncanny X-Men 204, that Claremont wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    So Claremont did ask, and no one told him or something? And you're right, they've essentially been broken up since Uncanny X-Men 204, that Claremont wrote.
    Yep. I remember seeing it just after the first issue of CC's NC book was released. Which I thought was weird. That should be something an editor can tell you and a pretty easy something as Kurt being single at the time was pretty common knowledge and he has been for so long.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Somehow I like the last costume for Jimaine the best, with its 'bone-ish' & scarlet design. Only the cape is useless, I think it's a completely obsolete piece (unless you're a flying character). Maybe this touch of dark blue in a hood or foulard, by example.

For Terry, any variation of the extraordinary Banshee's original design by Cockrum is valid for me. Yellow & green and that absolutely great 'wasp-ish' fans.

Amazing Member

I mean Amanda did steal illyana whole stitch (sword, dimension,name, powers). So I can see why they casted her away for the original but how long did it take for Iliana 2.0 to come back once Amanda disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    I mean Amanda did steal illyana whole stitch (sword, dimension,name, powers). So I can see why they casted her away for the original but how long did it take for Iliana 2.0 to come back once Amanda disappeared
    I never understood the whole Illiana 2.0

Amazing Member

I never understood the whole Illiana 2.0
    It is a little confusing but always thinking like this illyana 1.0 and died via Inferno /X-Cutioner's Song( Legacy virus). After House of M Belasco figured out he has a flame for illyana so he does this big spell that brings her back to him by taking the remaining essences/life force from limbo she left behind but what was left was darkchild persona. Which by all means we had illyana with out her soul so that took her on her search for it which was the whole (soul sword/pixie soul dagger thing/ elder gods/acting out). Once she got her soul back she became "pretty much" the original illyana again but for all intents and purposes it's illyana 2.0 if that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    It is a little confusing but always thinking like this illyana 1.0 and died via Inferno /X-Cutioner's Song( Legacy virus). After House of M Belasco figured out he has a flame for illyana so he does this big spell that brings her back to him by taking the remaining essences/life force from limbo she left behind but what was left was darkchild persona. Which by all means we had illyana with out her soul so that took her on her search for it which was the whole (soul sword/pixie soul dagger thing/ elder gods/acting out). Once she got her soul back she became "pretty much" the original illyana again but for all intents and purposes it's illyana 2.0 if that makes sense
    So, The original Illiana never came back. We just have a new, almost the same, Illiana (aka Illiana 2.0)