Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wolverine's superhuman strength and agility

I've never understood this supposed angle of Wolverine's mutant powers, quite frankly.

Since I was a kid, I always thought that Wolverine's mutant powers were:

Regenerative factor
    Super-senses (all 5)
    Bone claws

...plus some "secondary" physical traits like the "lupine" hairstyle, the body stature, the sharp canines.

Since Claremont's first issues, I've never ever thought that Wolvie had superhuman strength and agility. I just supposed that he trained hard for his entire life and that was it.

I don't buy the idea that his regenerative factor makes him super-strong. Why that? Yes, his tissues go constantly regenerated, and so they are always "fresh" and "vital", but that doesn't imply that you're strong on a superhuman level.

Plus, I think that he could be advantaged by his adamantium skeleton (reinforcing his limbs?), otherwise that aspect would be a bit pointless and useless.

What do you think about it?
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 09-30-2021 at 11:56 AM.

hi, for Logan to have human superpowers, as a force greater than human, it always seemed to me something right, the comics do not follow physics magazines a lot but we all know that to live with a skeleton of adamantium you would need much more than of well-developed muscles..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    hi, for Logan to have human superpowers, as a force greater than human, it always seemed to me something right, the comics do not follow physics magazines a lot but we all know that to live with a skeleton of adamantium you would need much more than of well-developed muscles..
    If something, I think that his superhuman strength and agility are part of a general mutant "animal adaptation" (also including supersenses, bone claws)?

wolverine is a brick shithouse who somehow manages to often be depicted as moving at the speed of horny rabbit
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yess but then in some parts of its history we talk about a continuous muscle regeneration,thanks to which his muscles adapt to his situation of having to bear this weight , and this partly explains the strength of its muscles ... if I'm not mistaken

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    wolverine is a brick shithouse who somehow manages to often be depicted as moving at the speed of horny rabbit
    If he truly retains superhuman strength and agility, I think they should be connected to the "animal adaptation" and NOT the regenerative factor. That's one of my points.

BANNED

Yess but then in some parts of its history we talk about a continuous muscle regeneration,thanks to which his muscles adapt to his situation of having to bear this weight , and this partly explains the strength of its muscles ... if I'm not mistaken
    I understand it, okay, but this doesn't still make sense to me. He should be extremely strong, okay, but on a human level --- not superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I understand it, okay, but this doesn't still make sense to me. He should be extremely strong, okay, but on a human level --- not superhuman.

I understand what you're feeling, when Marvel describes Logan only puts his claws of adamantium and the regenerating factor as power but you know I do not think a normal person (even well trained ) can support the adamantium so we talk about super strength yes or yes . we are not talking about an incredible super strength if we compare it to the other heroes but it continues to be called a superhuman power.
    Last edited by Regular man; 02-21-2019 at 07:01 AM.

BANNED

I understand what you're feeling, when Marvel describes Logan only puts his claws of adamantium and the regenerating factor as power but you know I do not think a normal person can support the adamantium so we talk about super strength yes or yes
    In some issue, you can see him lifting TWO BIKES with his bare arms. That's quite superhuman.
    I just hate the idea to connect his superhuman strength (and agility) to his regenerative factor, because it doesn't make sense.
    Let's say it's part of his overall "animal adaptation".

BANNED

When you have bones laced with super dense and heavy metal, the most mundane day is a 24 hour crossfit session.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    When you have bones laced with super dense and heavy metal, the most mundane day is a 24 hour crossfit session.
    Sure as hell. This makes him much more "muscular".

BANNED

Sure as hell. This makes him much more "muscular".
    It's my headcanon, at least. Only way to make sense of his strength and agility.

Bruh, Claremont has Logan throwing Colossus (in his metal form) to Juggernaut with no apparent effort, breaking huge chains without his claws when Mesmero captured the team and beating sharks with his bare hands, he was clearly superhuman there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

In some issue, you can see him lifting TWO BIKES with his bare arms. That's quite superhuman.
    I just hate the idea to connect his superhuman strength (and agility) to his regenerative factor, because it doesn't make sense.
    Let's say it's part of his overall "animal adaptation".
    but speaking of "animal adaptation" .... it is not correct, it is to say that the Wolverine has the powers that derive from being a lupine, we do not want to remember the origins of Wolverine and then Romulus ... true His powers come from fact that it's a mutant do not think about it too much

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's my headcanon, at least. Only way to make sense of his strength and agility.
    Personally i always assumed that Logan has a low level superhuman strength regarding everything, even if is not explicity stated.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona