Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Wolverine is my favorite character in comics period, but Hugh Jackman's depiction of the character is a straight up pussy... cat IMO. Wasn't nothing menacing or skilled about his version of the character at all. I wouldn't say it's his fault tho, the X-Men flicks just had bad fight choreography throughout the entire series.

Now on the subject of Logan's strength, I've always had him around Captain America level(or maybe a tad higher). I dunno if any of you have played those X-Men Legends or Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, but in those games Wolverine was given the "might" ability in his skills tree. This gave certain characters the ability to lift or damage certain objects physically that other characters(Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Gambit) couldn't(like boulders or reinforced walls, et.)There were different tiers for this though. Characters like Colossus and Rogue had 2 bars for "might", while Logan was given 1. So while Logan was able to lift small boulders and such, he wasn't able to lift cars or tanks like Colossus or Rogue.

Also, here's Spidey and Logan catching and throwing 2 fully grown soldiers casually...

https://i.imgtc.com/2CAWkly.gifm

… I'd say that's some degree of super strength.

This isn't the place to argue about Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine, please stay on topic. These arguments always end the same way.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So, after an extensive search the metal detectors could only detect the metal attached to his claws and nothing else... I'm going to have to disagree with you n that one.
    I'm going to point out that if you honestly believe that Wolverine's skeleton or adamantium in general is "lightweight" or that he only had 8 lbs of metal bonded to his skeleton that you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Since the revelation of his bones being bonded with the metal it has always been implied that he is far heavier than his small size would warrant. Even in other universes like the movie version the old man remarks how heavy Logan is when he sits on the motorcycle. Wolverine has 100 lbs of adamantium bonded to his skeleton. His natural weight is 200lbs. His bonded weight is 300lbs. If you are disputing that fact in any way you are incorrect.

In the scan you are referring to they say their instruments show he has 8 lbs of metal hidden on him. They are not using metal detectors to scan him. Metal detectors don't tell you the weight of the metal they detect. They don't work that way. They were using a fictional device because... comic books. This obviously can't mean he only had 8 lbs on him as it is a well known fact (to most people anyway) that he has 100 lbs of metal bonded to him. The only conclusion I can come to is that their instruments are only picking up the 100% pure True adamantium (of what was at that time) his artificial claws. Their sensors must not be picking up the other 92 lbs of metal on him because it bonded to his skeletal structure on a moleculear level, which changes it into adamantium Beta.

They don't believe that he has had any metal surgically inserted in his body because he doesn't scar. He puts his forearm in an x-ray machine to prove that he has 3 non-natural structures in his forearm, proving his claim that the metal they detect is indeed inside his body.

That scan is from Wolverine # 55, written by Larry Hama. Not once in his history of writing that character has he ever insinuated anything other than Wolverine having 100 lbs of metal bonded to him.

Man, i just remember when Logan Claws were supposed to be 100% Bionic Implants, instead of "the metal covered his bone claws" that we got after Origins.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Man, i just remember when Logan Claws were supposed to be 100% Bionic Implants, instead of "the metal covered his bone claws" that we got after Origins.
    You mean Wolverine # 75. 1st bone claws.

Logan was never meant to have super strength or agility. He wasn't even supposed to be as strong as Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    You mean Wolverine # 75. 1st bone claws.
    Yeah, my mistake there.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Logan was never meant to have super strength or agility. He wasn't even supposed to be as strong as Captain America.
    His time under Claremont says the contrary.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

His time under Claremont says the contrary.
    Incorrect. Superhuman strength was said to be lifting around a ton, which Wolverine was never capable of. Sunspot could only lift a ton and he was way stronger than Wolverine. It wasn't even close.

Incorrect. Superhuman strength was said to be lifting around a ton, which Wolverine was never capable of. Sunspot could only lift a ton and he was way stronger than Wolverine. It wasn't even close.
    Superhuman strenght is doing stuff that the best olympic athletes can't, tell me, how many humans can lift six men with a hand and thrown then hard enough to break a wood house, that happened in the first issue of his solo by the way, written by Claremont. The same comic also has Logan saying that his healing factor give him superstrenght. So what do you call that?

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

RCO065.jpg RCO066.jpg

"Wolverine possesses the normal human strength of a man of his physical age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.".

RCO065.jpg RCO066.jpg

"Wolverine possesses the normal human strength of a man of his physical age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.".
    Good finding, still is not accurate with the level of strength that he has shown up to that point

His feats are clearly above any normal human that engage in intensive regular exercise, even in the early CC run on Uncanny he show that his capabilities were beyond that,

Also
    https://imgur.com/a/0K18a

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Good finding, still is not accurate with the level of strength that he has shown up to that point.
    The Marvel Universe Handbooks were put out in the 80's, at the height of the X-Men's popularity. We all know writers and artists take liberties w/the characters, and that link you posted was more recent. That's power creep.

The Marvel Universe Handbooks were put out in the 80's, at the height of the X-Men's popularity. We all know writers and artists take liberties w/the characters, and that link you posted was more recent. That's power creep.
    One of the scans of that link was the first issue of Wolverine also from the 80s and said that he has superstrengh.

Also this
    https://i.imgur.com/aEk0UCc.jpg

and this
    https://i.imgur.com/NCgBVZE.png

That's from the 70s and pretty superhuman, although around the 90s a lot of the X-Men experienced power creep Logan included.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

One of the scans of that link was the first issue of Wolverine also from the 80s and said that he has superstrengh.
    I think some people's version of "super strength" is quite a bit different. If the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe said he wasn't that's good enough for me.