Hi!

Greetings all. As an avid reader of manga/comics as well as a watcher of all things anime, I love nothing more than hanging out and talking with others who share my interests. My comic Alien Summer was born from this love. A comic that takes inspiration from all the things I like talking about with others. Right now, the comic is drawn out, colored and lettered. I'm even talking with someone in getting the comic sold overseas. However, the printing costs lay with me and I could use a bit of help in getting it printed.

As such, I created an Indiegogo campaign which I wish to share here for all comic/manga lovers. Alien Summer on Indiegogo

What is my comic, Alien Summer, about?

Alien Summer is a 28 page, full color, comic that revolves around Earth finding out about the existence of aliens. As a result, a treaty is formed that allows for the export and import of goods. Earth's biggest exports happen to be their pop-culture and entertainment. Aliens just love Earth's imagination. They love it so much that they decide to come live on Earth to experience Earth life. My story follows the adventures of one alien as she comes to Earth as part of an exchange program to spend the summer with a host family. The main problem that arises is that all her knowledge of Earth comes from movies, comics, games, and manga. Thus, her knowledge is a bit skewed.

Comic Credits

Jeremy Kahn

Hey there! I’m Jeremy Kahn, alumni of Savannah College of Art and Design and freelance comic colorist. I have worked for a number of clients over the years with my most recent client being American Mythology for whom I color Casper the Friendly Ghost, The Pink Panther, and The Three Stooges comic books. I also contributed coloring work to the upcoming Action Lab publication titled L.U.C.H.A.: A Wrestling Sci-Fi Thriller which ended a successful Kickstarter back in November.

I not only created and wrote the script for Alien Summer, but I provided the colors for the comic as well.

Tracy Yardley

Providing the main cover for the comic is Tracy Yardley, main artist for IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog and Archie Comic's Cosmo.

Lime Robertson

Interior pencils and inks were done by Lime Robertson, alumni of Savannah College of Art and Design who runs the web series Ruu & Walter.

Ian Flynn

Working as a freelance editor/consultant is none other than Ian Flynn, main writer for IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog and Archie Comic's Cosmo.

coverlow.jpg