Default Skottie Young quits Deadpool

Skottie Young has quit writing Deadpool.
    https://twitter.com/skottieyoung/sta...51953503133696
    Marvel announced that I’m leaving Deadpool after #15. I’ve had A BLAST w/ Nic and Scott but there’s a BIG project I’m building with one of my favorite artists attached and it’s taking up a lot of time. Something had to give and I had to make the call end my run on the Merc.
    So who do you want to take over?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

"You can't fire me! I quit!" - Young

Anyway, I want CULLEN BUNN. We could get good DP again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-21-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Hastings.
    Who's the editor of DP post-JDW?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cullen Bunn PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Cullen Bunn PLEASE
    I have absolutely no interest in Deadpool no matter who the creative team is. That being said, I feel like Bunn has earned this. He's put in regularly well-received DP stories and still seems to have a passion for the character. I'd also like him brought in to see what X-Cameos he might slip in (like Polaris in MfM) and just so that he continues to get regular work at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hastings.
    Who's the editor of DP post-JDW?
    Jake Thomas and Mark Basso.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Deadpool_Vol_7_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bunn should write it.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

The Al Ewing "You Are Deadpool" mini is the only piece of Deadpool media that I've liked without qualification, but I also want Ewing to write literally everything I enjoy so maybe I would prefer him on other things.

It sounds like Bunn has been writing way too many spinoff series not to be writing the main title.

Young made give up the book, so I think that everybody wins with this. I just would like someone to write Deadpool with a little bit of drama again, not only the zany guy all the time.

BANNED

Bunn isn't that funny, hard pass on him

In all honesty, it doesn’t really feel like a bad loss there. Compared to the great story that Duggan told with his run, Young’s Deadpool just felt like a Saturday Morning Cartoon format where mostly everything was just a one-shot without much of a real narrative flow and basically reverted Deadpool pretty much to Waypool levels. Only issue that I can really say was memorable was the one that featured the return of Ellie and that was more for the tragic nature of it given Wade’s mindwipe. I just hope whoever takes over from there can take the character in an interesting direction.

I like Young overall, but his Deadpool was a huge swing and a miss. Thank goodness his run was only a little over a year, and didn't stretch into Way territory.

I've felt Bunn would be fantastic ever since reading Deadpool Assassin, the man gets that the best Deadpool needs humor/darkness/ and great action, Deadpool would jump back on my pull list in a heartbeat. I frigging love Ewing but have never seen him write Pool so I can't say, I'd certainly give the book a chance though.

Failing either of those guys I wouldn't be opposed if someone like Gail got another shot at the character.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Thank GOD.

Smart call by him. His run was going nowhere and it's been as inconsequential as Way's run.

Someone's gotta come on with ideas for a good story. Not good jokes. Jokes will come. Tell a good story.