Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Molly Hayes (Runaways) as a future X-book star?

Would you like her in X-men, X-force, a solo mini?

What direction do you see her going in?

Astonishing Member

Her and gabby teaming up. They would be best friends

A good pitch is always a game changer, but it’s a no for me. I am usually all about crossovers but I think she’s best served on the Runaways or living a less superhero life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Her and gabby teaming up. They would be best friends
    This. Gabby and Molly absolutely need to hang.

If Runaways exists, then she should stay there. I'd certainly keep her away from the primary X teams, as Wolverine has actually tried and failed to recruit her to the school before (she ended up going with Avengers Academy, and then a normal school). Molly doesn't want to go to Xavier's. However, I agree that a guest spot in X-23 would be cool, so she could meet Gabby.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

No thanks to Runaways detritus.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    No thanks to Runaways detritus.
    ^this

10char

Is Molly even still considered a mutant? The current series did some pretty weird retcons with her parents.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

If a Runaways book is still being published, she should primarily be there. I'd be fine with an X-23 crossover, in fact I think one is overdue at this point.

If there isn't, which has been for most of the character's existence? I don't think she should become a main character or anything, but I could live with the occasional appearance. I thought her future version showing up in BOTA was fun at least.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is Molly even still considered a mutant? The current series did some pretty weird retcons with her parents.
    Well she could still be a mutant, but she hasn't been referred to as such for the entirety of the current series. They're certainly downplaying the mutant angle, but there hasn't been anything on the page saying she isn't one.

It kind of makes sense, a lot of crap goes down with mutants in the X-Books. Runaways being largely self-contained probably doesn't want to deal with that.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 02-22-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Hate her so no

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Weird is an understatement - her Mom and Dad are brother and sister! Both they and Molly are test tube babies too. Granny deliberately gave them powers, but it does still seem to be X gene derived - Molly's powers aren't the same as her parents. That's what makes she and Franklin Richards mutants and Mayday and Annie Parker (whose powers are identical to their father's) not.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-22-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

She's vital to the Runaways, so as long as they exist, Molly should remain there.

But if they are taking a break, or it's just a brief crossover with Gabby, or whatever, sure.

The one thing I was not a fan of, was her future self being portrayed as not just an X-Man, but as a giant hulking woman. Her 'strength' is psionic, and not even a little bit dependent on her muscle mass or her size or weight, so I'd prefer if she remained a slight young woman, with amazing 'strength,' when she grows up.

OTOH, the mutants totally could use more non-traditionally 'hot human-looking' female mutants, so I'm a hypocrite in that having a woman on the team who doesn't look like a human supermodel would be cool, I just don't want it to be Molly.

So long as the Runaways exist no, that's her team and she'd probably just wind up in limbo/dead like a lot of other young X-Men.

It's perfectly fine for her to be a guest star, cameo, or part of a crossover though.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I would put Molly, Binky, Leong, Nga, Valerie Richards, Tyro and Gabby, on a new Power Pack team with Katie and Jack Power.

Nah. I was for this years ago when the Runaways were actually a thing. But I barely tolerate her on the revival series I wouldn't want her here.