Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fantastic Four #7 SPOILERS and Review

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Oh look. Doom is upstaging the Fantastic Four AND Galactus. Never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Oh look. Doom is upstaging the Fantastic Four AND Galactus. Never seen that before.
    I seriously suspect the solid excrement is going to hit the fan and plans won't go as designed.

Mighty Member

Honestly, I'm so done with FF vs. Doom storylines that I'm just reading this issue just in case the kids provide snarky commentary.

Spectacular Member

I was kind of hoping we’d see Johnny get back together with Crystal just for the full sixties relationships trifecta... and because I really miss Crystal and want her to be relevant again. Anyway, I don’t like Doom to begin with, might have to drop the book if his biggest fan starts dating Johnny.

Is Doom still a high-end wizard, or has that been forgotten now that he's back to being a baddy?

There would never be a better time to "reset" the Crystal Johnny relationship, because the FF are finally moving towards a decent film, and the MCU will probably figure out how to re-present the Inhumans with those concepts. I really think that as it was, waaaaaay back, it was one of the best relationships shown in comics, almost a superhero version of Romeo and Juliet if you think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Worth noting, the Ultimates had the better way of dealing with Galactus. Just a shame he completely fell off the wagon after just 1 planet.

Doom, the Fantastic Four, and Galactus. Nuff said!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Worth noting, the Ultimates had the better way of dealing with Galactus. Just a shame he completely fell off the wagon after just 1 planet.
    oh I know. I bought that TPB in part because Galactus was being used as more than a plot device. it was interesting to see another side of him.

Doom will eventually do something egregiously selfish. Whether at the moment or revealed when he's by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I miss Lifebringer

Re-read the issue.

Why did the 'the Big Bang cannons' not instantly kill the FF at the end of the issue? If they effect Galactus of all beings, shouldn't the team be toast when hit by one?

I think Slott isn't entirely axing Doom's development which is really nice.

Old Doom would never be this cordial with the team. You can tell by him calling Johnny and Ben by their full names instead of some variation of the word imbecile.