Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Is Doom still a high-end wizard, or has that been forgotten now that he's back to being a baddy?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Is Doom still a high-end wizard, or has that been forgotten now that he's back to being a baddy?
    Last issue he was making MCU Doctor Strange rings.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    funny how all those Sky Fathers and Cosmic Entities are a joke nowdays
    I'd not thought of it like that, but now you mention it, there does feel to me like the entire mythos is being downscaled and humanised

Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there?

But I'll have to go have a look around

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'd not thought of it like that, but now you mention it, there does feel to me like the entire mythos is being downscaled and humanised

Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there?

But I'll have to go have a look around
    Celestials, Zeus, Odin and now Galactus.

BANNED

not to mention the Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    funny how all those Sky Fathers and Cosmic Entities are a joke nowdays
    Overuse pretty much makes that unavoidable I think.

Bound to happen since the comics are not ending and the reader base is not that receptive to new characters. Nor is likely the writers for that matter.

Hickman managed to make scary cosmics in his late great Avengers story though, so it's not all bad.

Doom, the Fantastic Four, and Galactus. Nuff said!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Meh, I’m going to jump off now I think before I go any further. Since the return Slotts approach just hasn’t been for me.
    I jumped off after issue #2.
    So far I haven't seen or read anything that would bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Worth noting, the Ultimates had the better way of dealing with Galactus. Just a shame he completely fell off the wagon after just 1 planet.
    oh I know. I bought that TPB in part because Galactus was being used as more than a plot device. it was interesting to see another side of him.

Doom will eventually do something egregiously selfish. Whether at the moment or revealed when he's by himself.

I've heard the full names of Torch and Thing, from Doom before. Usually when he is being sarcastic. He often calls Invisible Woman, Susan. So I don't think it is that rare, just not common, and of course, for the effect of some sort of new status quo between them.

There would never be a better time to "reset" the Crystal Johnny relationship, because the FF are finally moving towards a decent film, and the MCU will probably figure out how to re-present the Inhumans with those concepts. I really think that as it was, waaaaaay back, it was one of the best relationships shown in comics, almost a superhero version of Romeo and Juliet if you think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    There would never be a better time to "reset" the Crystal Johnny relationship, because the FF are finally moving towards a decent film, and the MCU will probably figure out how to re-present the Inhumans with those concepts. I really think that as it was, waaaaaay back, it was one of the best relationships shown in comics, almost a superhero version of Romeo and Juliet if you think about it...
    you want to saddle the Fantastic Four (and its poor live-action win record) with the failed Inhumans baggage?

Well i guess i am in the minority but Slott's writing of F4 has been fantastic (pun intended). He knows Doom's voice which makes me very happy...and I for one love seeing F4 vs. Doom stories...they are as timeless and important as Batman/Joker, Spiderman/Green Goblin, etc....the trick is to always change the game with them while acknowledging what came before...we don't know all of Doom's plans yet, lets see how it unfolds..besides I love the color of the last issue...very vibrant and alive...its nice to see Doom back in command of Latveria...I'm sorry but his stint as Infamous Iron Man, needed to end...it served his purpose...he can try to right wrongs as Doom having an entire nation at his command.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I jumped off after issue #2.
    So far I haven't seen or read anything that would bring me back.
    Wish I had too.