Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
My thing with Johnny and Crystal is that it made sense for them to break up. They were each others first love and that rarely lasts. It felt very real in that aspect.
Ben and Alicia on the other hand felt like their break ups were for the sake of drama and not very natural. It didn't feel like something the characters would do, that's why I like that they got married.

To have Johnny and Crystal back together feels more like a regression to me and it will never be as good as it was the first time. Heck, that could be the story. They could try and get back together, but find out that it won't work as they aren't those lovesick kids anymore. It could be a really adult look at a relationship and why sometimes trying to go back to how things were is a mistake. I especially don't see Johnny and Crystal happening after Medusa.
Good point about the differences between Crystal and Alicia. I can accept the Ben/Alicia break-up because that's a relationship with added challenges which were pretty well handled using comic book relationship standards. It was time to get the two together.

I also don't want to see Johnny and Crystal together again. The Medusa thing was just so f***ing stupid that I'd like to see it never mentioned again. But Johnny having a decent and friendly relationship with Crystal (and Dorrie Evans as shown in ish 645) would be a sign of his growing up. And I'm still convinced the Johnny/Alicia thing was even stupider than Johnny/Medusa. There are villains that see those actions and shale their heads at Johnny for his actions. Low behavior.

But I'd like to see Victorious hang around a while and develop her own personality and habits. She may catch on, she may not. But in the Lee/Kirby heydays, guest stars did not vanish but usually stuck around for a couple of issues or so. That would be a good way to incorporate the Silver Age dynamics of FF.