Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Galactus used to just be God. Part of what makes God interesting is that we do not know everything about God. Like how we don't know everything about TOAA. We know everything about Galactus now (we've known it since Lee and Kirby's Thor), and the characters know everything about Galactus, so I don't see much of a problem with him not being much of an overwhelming threat against people best suited for this task specifically. I see him as just another piece on the board for this story that's not about him, it's about the family and their new dynamics. He's the buns of this burger, but not the meat or veggies.

You really don't even need Galan for this story, I can't think of a better replacement, but you could do it. But it's really an inherent flaw with the standard version of the character. He only does one thing, so all the new stories are about him doing the same thing while everything else is different so you get something new. And the one thing he does is by default the least interesting beat because you've seen it before, so the literal biggest guy in the room is overshadowed by smaller people.
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Jobbing is an interesting word here. After all these years, after all of their encounters, they've got Galactus figured out. Makes sense to me. It would make less sense if it wasn't so. If Galactus decided to do something new or act more tactically, then maybe it would be surprising, but he doesn't. He's the same as he has always been (but with less Heralds), but Doom and the 4 just get better and brighter. This is part of the reason why it is a shame to me that Lifegiver Galactus didn't last very long. I'm not surprised by any loss Galactus faces. At this point, everyone has beaten him, everyone knows him, what he is, what he's about, and everyone should be able to stomp him given enough time and effort. They'd have to suffer widespread amnesia for Galactus to have the upper hand. He's a Boss in a video game, you figure out his patterns and I don't care how difficult he is at first, it's a done deal. Keep beating that same boss? It becomes child's play. I wish he had more plans, I wish he used more tactics, wish he took these things seriously, but he has rarely been depicted as such.
    One thing. Galactus was first portrayed as a rabid hunger-monster, who couldn’t control himself, so I’m okay with Dan Slott’s portrayal here, being duped by Reed forging an Ultimate Nullifier convincing Galactus.

We have to remember that Galactus continues to show-up on Earth, like there is a fatal attraction here. Why doesn’t he eat the Kree home planet or Sakaar? No, Galactus has a preponderance to visit Earth over and over again, so we have to conclude as he can’t have Earth, it tastes better than other planets. (The same goes for Dormammu).

Locking Galactus away like this in Latveria seems like a ticking time bomb. It’s never going to bite Victor in the bum? The whole idea seems crazy. Would you lock the Phoenix on Earth? Galactus is a cancer; the Phoenix is an out of control, planet-wide bushfire. Why bring them here?
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-04-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So if Doom has the ability to constantly keep Galactus fed.., what does he need Galactus for? If he has an energy source that's the equivalent of a planet usable to Galactus, why wouldn't he just use that than grab Galactus? Nay something that he uses as a weapon like the Big bang which had quite a lot of usable energy.

-So he has a weaponized big crunch which then has a subsequent discharge that he uses for a gun. A couple of guns actually.
    -He can just imbue someone with the power cosmic or nearest equivalent which is tempting enough for even Galactus.
    -He also just so happens to have the means to keep Galactus fed but doesn't use that as an energy source because....?

And all of this could just be a ruse and Doom really was completely banking on Galactus being a battery and if he dies causes a universal calamity. Why does the Bendis Doom seem so much more appealing right now?
    Everything you suggest here, points to something bigger going on, otherwise Doom already has a power-source with the Big Bang Guns. It’s like a bigger, badder, something is out there and Doom is just setting the table for when it arrives. We know if Galactus is removed, another monster does arrive. I forget it’s name, but it’s not nice.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Everything you suggest here, points to something bigger going on, otherwise Doom already has a power-source with the Big Bang Guns. It’s like a bigger, badder, something is out there and Doom is just setting the table for when it arrives. We know if Galactus is removed, another monster does arrive. I forget it’s name, but it’s not nice.
    I'd still give it **** for pacing problems. You don't waste the audience's time like this to introduce the real bad guy at the very end.

Honestly I don't know what's worse, making the FF and Doom look like idiots, or wasting our time and introducing the real villain only for it to be defeated as quickly as it arrived.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Ajrax was one of the most silly counterpart/ 'natural' adversary devised to bring Galactus back so if any threat is to be further revealed then rather it be a new one than him.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Ajrax was one of the most silly counterpart/ 'natural' adversary devised to bring Galactus back so if any threat is to be further revealed then rather it be a new one than him.
    Yeah, and why take Galactus off the board just so Doom has to defeat this Ajrax guy anyway? That would make Doom look like he’s desperate to big-note himself. He’s just chest-beating.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'd still give it **** for pacing problems. You don't waste the audience's time like this to introduce the real bad guy at the very end.

Honestly I don't know what's worse, making the FF and Doom look like idiots, or wasting our time and introducing the real villain only for it to be defeated as quickly as it arrived.

Maybe Slott is writing for trade, and that’s why the pacing is so out?

Astonishing Member

And another cool story in this story arc.
    The begining of the story with the Flashback scene from Doctor Doom past is quite well writen and the rest of the story did not disapoint.
    Good scenes to each of the Fantastic Four members and a interesting clifhanger with Franklin and Valeria.
    Reed Richards catching up with the most recent developments about Doctor Doom and Galactus from another comic books was interesting.
    Looking forward to the next story.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Maybe Slott is writing for trade, and that’s why the pacing is so out?
    This is a common and increasing problem. With a focus on individual issues, the 20 pages would have something happening as well as a start and ending structure. If we're only reading pages 21-40 of an 80 page story, we don't get the structure of part two of four.

Now personally I don't think Slott's going for the trade. This never was a Galactus story, it was a Doom story with Galactus as a plot device. I would expect Galactus to break free and the FF and Doom need to work together getting through the story barely with their tails intact. If Galactus doesn't show himself to be a badass, I'd suggest putting him and Trapster in a buddy book. Galen and Pete, monthly from Marvel.