Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I mean I don't think anyone can stop him from stealing:

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean I don't think anyone can stop him from stealing:

You know full well that Lex would never stop with only forty cakes. He would continue until he stole ALL the cakes in the world.

What I'm asking is: can anyone stop him? Or is his victory baked-in?

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    if it's the modern thor then he is a goner as the current version is the unworthy odinson.
    Last I knew he had a new hammer who's only rule was "be the god of fucking thunder."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

BANNED

but it seems pretty useless as he has broken it and had to go back to Asgard for a new one.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    You know full well that Lex would never stop with only forty cakes. He would continue until he stole ALL the cakes in the world.

What I'm asking is: can anyone stop him? Or is his victory baked-in?
    WRONG

https://goo.gl/images/DVnvkj

https://goo.gl/images/q2dCnD

Astonishing Member

Given he is quite smart and a scientific genius on par with most of them in the MU, he takes his cash and goes into business with a long term plan to acquire capital and resources. He should be able to produce some products or insights to establish himself as a financial and scientific player. Then he can engage in typical evil overlord scheming. Might make alliances with the standard MU conspiracies and evil overlord types. Might get a job with Shield and pretend to be good for a bit.

That's kind of boring but it is a reasonable strategy. Just building armor and flying around, get you clobbered.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    but it seems pretty useless as he has broken it and had to go back to Asgard for a new one.
    Maaaan...the dude goes years and years with hammers only getting damaged or broken occasionally, then all of a sudden...

His insurance premiums must be through the roof.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Maaaan...the dude goes years and years with hammers only getting damaged or broken occasionally, then all of a sudden...

State Farm probably dropped Thor with a letter stating that he was unworthy of coverage.

“Yeah, so I need Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Unemployment Protection... what’s this one? AzGuard? Nah, I don’t need that insurance.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Do you think Lex has a kind of slam-dunk without the spell-casters?

My thought was that against the likes of Doctor Strange he had no chance, therefore uninteresting.

But opposing Reed, Tony, Mandarin, Xavier, Magneto and the like might make for an interesting contest, especially if Lex is unknown until he moves.
    You said Pre-Crisis Lex. The one who used basically 4 pieces of stuff and made a time machine. wow.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Well, you know, they used to be made out of Adamantium-hard Uru. Now... I think it's "crumpled up aluminum foil." They used to have Odin's enchantments, not to mention galaxy-eating storms living in them. Now... there's a roman candle and one of those sparking pistol things they used to sell at circuses. It's just not the same.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Planned obsolescence in Mjolnir knock-offs. Sad.

They seem to have become what I call the Evergreen and what everyone else calls the Worf for the 'New Powerful Villain'; I picture the hammer sitting in a case that reads 'Break Glass Then Hammer To Prove You Are Badass' or something.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    You said Pre-Crisis Lex. The one who used basically 4 pieces of stuff and made a time machine. wow.
    You are really underselling pre crisis Lex. This is a guy who created artificial life as a teenager. He had a lot more than "four pieces of stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    You are really underselling pre crisis Lex. This is a guy who created artificial life as a teenager. He had a lot more than "four pieces of stuff".
    I think Howard is saying that PC Lex took four pieces of perfectly normal things and used them to make a time machine. That's not 'underselling'.
    Why are we here?

I think Howard is saying that PC Lex took four pieces of perfectly normal things and used them to make a time machine. That's not 'underselling'.
    Yeah I see that now read it 1st thing in the morning sorry.