Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1907
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Earth-A was an alternate timeline of Earth-1, where the Justice League was evil. Earth-C has essentially become Earth-26; but it also had an Earth-C-Minus that was a more direct translation of DC's heroes into the Funny Animals genre, and could easily be rebranded as Earth-C now that that label isn't being used anymore. Earth-D was a “racial diversity” Earth that got shoehorned into the Crisis via a 2000 “History of the DC Universe” special.

I'd also like to get the Agents of THUNDER world back into publication; I liked what DC was doing with that title, and I'm not interested in an expy world when I can have the original. Likewise with Astro City. Conversely, since the Archie Comics heroes have drifted beyond DC's grasp, I'd like a world of expies of them to be introduced.
    At least with Astro City, I'm pretty sure Busiek has said that he has no interest in including it in the DC Multiverse, so an expy is the closest thing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Earth-A was an alternate timeline of Earth-1, where the Justice League was evil. Earth-C has essentially become Earth-26; but it also had an Earth-C-Minus that was a more direct translation of DC's heroes into the Funny Animals genre, and could easily be rebranded as Earth-C now that that label isn't being used anymore. Earth-D was a “racial diversity” Earth that got shoehorned into the Crisis via a 2000 “History of the DC Universe” special.
    Thanks for the Info Dataweaver.

I'd also like to get the Agents of THUNDER world back into publication; I liked what DC was doing with that title, and I'm not interested in an expy world when I can have the original. Likewise with Astro City. Conversely, since the Archie Comics heroes have drifted beyond DC's grasp, I'd like a world of expies of them to be introduced.
    For what I know, IDW had now the right for THUNDER agents and recently they published some comics. And believe me, Kurt Busiek is no friend of being owned by the DC multiverse. I still tremble and fear his wrath. So it will had to be expies.

But the question than linger then is... which function fullfill the expies in the shared universe? Simply homage or the defiance to the untaken path? Opinions?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

For Earths A, B and C, there's also Moore's ABC to consider. One Tom Strong story had Telsa Strong encounter a superheroic version of herself from "Earth-A", and that champion's villainous counterpart from "Earth-B", with them titling her world "Earth-C".
    Buh-bye

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Thanks for the Info Dataweaver.

For what I know, IDW had now the right for THUNDER agents and recently they published some comics. And believe me, Kurt Busiek is no friend of being owned by the DC multiverse. I still tremble and fear his wrath. So it will had to be expies.

But the question than linger then is... which function fullfill the expies in the shared universe? Simply homage or the defiance to the untaken path? Opinions?
    My hope would be to be the latter. To go off on a different path from the originals would be interesting to see.
    I would like to see Earth 35 get some love, since Rob hasn't really used those ideas since Alan Moore left.

Weren't the out-of-continuity Brave-and-the-Bold stories unofficially on "Earth-B"?

Yeah, it's an old fan thing that probably originated in fanzines from the era. Notably, the Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths index splits its designation between Earths-12 and 32:

EARTH - 12:
    A somewhat demented variant of Earth-1, whose residents include most of Earth-1's heroes as well as the Inferior Five. Its first definite appearance was in SHOWCASE #62 (May-June, 1966) and it was named in THE OZ-WONDERLAND WARS #3 (March, 1986).
    Appearances:
    THE ADVENTURES OF BOB HOPE #94 THE ADVENTURES OF JERRY LEWIS #92, 97, 105, 112, 117 All-NEW COLLECTORS' EDITION #C-53, C-60 CANCELLED COMIC CAVALCADE #1 (GREEN TEAM # 2-3), 2 (PREZ # 5) FIRST ISSUE SPECIAL #2 THE INFERIOR FIVE #1-10 LIMITED COLLECTORS' EDITION #C-33, C-42 THE OZ-WONDERLAND WARS #3 (mention) PLASTIC MAN [second series] #1-10 RUDOLPH, THE RED-NOSED REINDEER [first series] #1-12; [second series] C-20, C-24, C-50 SHOWCASE #62-63, 65 SUPERGIRL [first series] #10/1 SWING WITH SCOOTER #5

EARTH - 32:
    An Earth similar to Earth-1 but with numerous variances. Among the deviations, Hal Jordan married Carol Ferris early in his Green Lantern career and characters such as Luthor, Robin, Speedy, and the Flash II had origins that differed from their Earth-1 and Earth-2 counterparts. First revealed as a distinct world in GREEN LANTERN [second series] #32 (Oct., 1964).
    Appearances:
    ACTION COMICS #279/1 ADVENTURE COMICS #209/3 THE AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS #11 THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS BATMAN #32/2 BATMAN (Power Records) #27, 30 BATMAN: BELT 'EM FOR SAFETY BATMAN: THE JOKER'S LAST LAUGH BATMAN: THE LAST ANGEL BATMAN: THE PERIL OF THE PENGUIN BLACKHAWK [first series] #203, 242-250 THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD [first series] #90, 99, 131 CANCELLED COMIC CAVALCADE #1 (FIRESTORM # 6), 2 (THE VIXEN #1) DC CHALLENGE #1-12 DC SUPER-STARS #14/1 THE FLASH [first series] #167/1 THE FLASH VS. DR. POLARIS THE GOLDEN AGE #1-4 GREEN LANTERN #32/1 HAWKMAN [first series] #22-27 JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA VS. AMAZO SUPERBOY #59/2, 158 SUPERGEAR COMICS SUPERGIRL (American Honda) #1-2 SUPER HEROES: PRISONERS OF THE STARS SUPER HEROES: THE SECRET OF THE SINISTER LIGHTHOUSE SUPERMAN [first series] #78/3, 330 SUPERMAN (Power Records) #28, 34 SUPERMAN AT BLOOMINGDALES SUPERMAN: LUTHOR'S IMPOSSIBLE CRIME SUPERMAN SPECIAL [first series] #2 SUPERMAN: TERRA-MAN'S SKYWAY ROBBERY SUPERMAN: THIS ISLAND BRADMAN SUPERMAN VS. METALLO SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE #59 SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN #36/2, 109 SUPER POWERS [first series] #1-5; [second series] 1-6; [third series] 1-4 SUPER POWERS COLLECTION #1-23 VIEWMASTER MINI COMICS #1-9 WONDER WOMAN [first series] #167/1, 170/1 WONDER WOMAN (Power Records) #35 WONDER WOMAN AND THE STAR RIDERS VS. PURRSIA WONDER WOMAN: THE ANGLE MENACE WONDER WOMAN: THE CHEETAH'S JEWEL CAPER WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #223, 227

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    My hope would be to be the latter. To go off on a different path from the originals would be interesting to see.
    I would like to see Earth 35 get some love, since Rob hasn't really used those ideas since Alan Moore left.
    True, but Liefeld has been smart enoght to give his characters to really good creative teams. Just see what was done with Prophet, Glory and Supreme.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

And for next question, the soon to be launched Gods and Monsters movie (and series)(wait a minute, it's launched today or yesterday?) is a new alternate universe which we could put easly along with the DCUA. But have they place in the DC proper multiverse? (Of course they do, it's a rethoric question).

And to follow with the lists, the DCUA multiverse:

-Main DCUA: Currently the beyond universe.
    -Justice Guild universe.
    -Justice Lords Universe.
    -Brave New Metropolis Universe.
    -Gods & Monsters Universe (?)

And on a sideline, I would liked than it would be revealed than the Extremists came fron another alternate universe too.

JL: G&M I hope becomes the "Wildstorm" of the current Multiverse maybe. Timm did highlight the Authority of this new animated universe so... And maybe put Wildstorm proper in an Alphabet other Multiverse?
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Amazing Member

Some thoughts about the title of this thread.

The Local Multiverse:

Now that we have finished with Multiversity, there really seems like a lot of great ideas are ripe for the picking. Some are a little tricky to pull off (How do you do an ongoing series on an Earth like Earths 22 & 30, which are based on stories that had definitive endings?), and some have great potential (I'd like to see an Earth-13 series.).

The Local Multiverse, with it's 52 universes, still has many questions:

How does Earth-M fit in now?
    If Earth-M is one of the 7 mystery Earths, what are the other 6?
    Why is Earths- 46 & 49 considered "Strange"?
    How will Earth-8 rebuild after the brutal assault by The Gentry?
    What is so different about Earth-14?

I hope we can get some good spin-off series from these. DC has a lot to mine from what Grant has set up.

The Infinite Multiverses

With Grant launching The Multiversity Too line of OGN's, we are also going to explore the now Infinite Multiverses as well.

What makes this so great is making them infinite has some incredible effects. Not only is anything possible, but now, everything is possible.
    Want to use the Pre-Crisis Multiverse? It's out there.
    Want to use the Justice League Of America: The Nail Multiverse? It's out there.
    Want to use the Pre-Flashpoint 52 Multiverse? It's out there.
    Want to use the original Wildstorm Snowflake Multiverse? It's out there.

Not only are they out there, mathematically speaking, there are multiple copies of those Multiverses as well.

I hope Grant and company just try to tell new stories first. Setting up strange Multiverses as they go. After that, somewhere down the line I think we may see some of the old Multiverses pop up from time to time.

All of this, and the resulting DC You initiative that seems be using Grant's new concept to tell stories, have me very excited to see what DC has coming next.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Our mission is clear, compeers. We must catalog the earths of all 52 multiverse bubbles.

Multiverse Bubble #3 (53 earths)
    > Earth-0, -1, -2, ... -53
    Multiverse Bubble #4 (81 earths)
    > Earth-0, -1, -2, ... -81
    Multiverse Bubble #5 (51 earths)
    > Earth-0, -1, -2, ... -51
    Multiverse Bubble #6 (54 earths)
    > Earth-0, -1, -2, ... -54

The adventure never ends.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Don't forget that Earths 3, 7, and 15 are essentially "dead." Which is curious--why have space for them on the map if there's nothing to use there? Though I guess each of those Earths has a survivor or two (Earth 15 has a Lantern which is probably on Earth-17)...

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Don't forget that Earths 3, 7, and 15 are essentially "dead." Which is curious--why have space for them on the map if there's nothing to use there? Though I guess each of those Earths has a survivor or two (Earth 15 has a Lantern which is probably on Earth-17)...
    Earth-15 may be a conduit to another multiverse bubble (local multiverse) ...
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    Some thoughts about the title of this thread.

The Local Multiverse:

Now that we have finished with Multiversity, there really seems like a lot of great ideas are ripe for the picking. Some are a little tricky to pull off (How do you do an ongoing series on an Earth like Earths 22 & 30, which are based on stories that had definitive endings?), and some have great potential (I'd like to see an Earth-13 series.).

The Local Multiverse, with it's 52 universes, still has many questions:

How does Earth-M fit in now?
    If Earth-M is one of the 7 mystery Earths, what are the other 6?
    Why is Earths- 46 & 49 considered "Strange"?
    How will Earth-8 rebuild after the brutal assault by The Gentry?
    What is so different about Earth-14?

I hope we can get some good spin-off series from these. DC has a lot to mine from what Grant has set up.

The Infinite Multiverses

With Grant launching The Multiversity Too line of OGN's, we are also going to explore the now Infinite Multiverses as well.

What makes this so great is making them infinite has some incredible effects. Not only is anything possible, but now, everything is possible.
    Want to use the Pre-Crisis Multiverse? It's out there.
    Want to use the Justice League Of America: The Nail Multiverse? It's out there.
    Want to use the Pre-Flashpoint 52 Multiverse? It's out there.
    Want to use the original Wildstorm Snowflake Multiverse? It's out there.

Not only are they out there, mathematically speaking, there are multiple copies of those Multiverses as well.

I hope Grant and company just try to tell new stories first. Setting up strange Multiverses as they go. After that, somewhere down the line I think we may see some of the old Multiverses pop up from time to time.

All of this, and the resulting DC You initiative that seems be using Grant's new concept to tell stories, have me very excited to see what DC has coming next.
    On balance, I've gotta assume that Earth-M is the "Unknown Earth" in the closest proximity to Earth-23.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Earth-15 may be a conduit to another multiverse bubble (local multiverse) ...
    And who is to say that the holders and harvesters of other multiverse orreries are even Monitorkind, right? Or that those orreries must contain 52 worlds ...

Multiverse-2 might contain whatever new weirdness is coming out, but say maybe there's a "TV Multiverse" where the DCAU, DCAU Beyond, The Batman, Super Friends, Young Justice, and all the other animated universes are watched and collected by audio-visual monitorcreatures. (I've suspected that the "Animated" universes in Multiverse-1 are just "really similar to their animated counterparts" and are actually based entirely on the aspects of those shows that have been translated to comics, and comic follow-ups. So like, the recent Batman Beyond online-first series? Earth-Whatever. But the old "Batman Adventures", that are tie-ins, and set in the Timmverse? Part of the Animated Multiverse. Multiverse-T (for toons!). Harley Quinn as a focus point in the cosmology originates there and ripples outward.)

Similarly the Live Action Multiverse isn't too hard to think of. Multiverse-LA. Where an extra-dimensional crisis could have a meeting in the House of Heroes where Adam West, Linda Carter, Christopher Reeve, Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, Stephen Amell, Ben Affleck, Grant Gustin, and more are gathered.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com