Page 1 of 128 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Let's Try Again: Tracking the 52 Worlds (and Beyond!)

Multiversity Spoilers Ahead. Read at your own risk.

I don't think we've restarted this thread since the forums rebooted. With Morrison just having released the Multiversity map, we now have insight into what the post-Flashpoint 52 worlds are. It seems that so far, these are pretty similar to the post-Infinite Crisis worlds, but they've been "Nu-52ified," or as Grant Morrison puts it, "they now look like they're drawn by Jim Lee." In the list below, I've included what limited identifiers we had from series such as Countdown, but keep in mind that many of these may have changed since Flashpoint.

I have only identified worlds which Morrison has affirmatively said "this is Earth-10" or whatever. As more worlds become identified, I'll change this list. So, here goes:

0 - New Earth; home of the Justice League.
    - Trinity: Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Diana)
    1 - Earth One; based on the OGN line.
    - Trinity: Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Diana)
    2 - Earth-2, home of the Justice Society.
    - Trinity: Superman (Val Zod), Batman (Thomas Wayne, Sr.), Fury
    3 - Earth-3; home of the Crime Syndicate and the Anti-Monitor. Destroyed.
    - Trinity: Ultraman (Kal-Il/Clark Kent), Owlman (Thomas Wayne, Jr.), Superwoman (Lois Lane)
    4 - Charlton Earth; home of the Pax Americana.
    - Trinity Analogues: Captain Atom (Nathaniel Adam), Question (Victor Sage), Nightshade (Eve Eden)
    5 - Thunderworld; home of the Fawcett characters (the Marvels, Dr. Sivana, etc.) .
    - Trinity Analogues: Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
    6 - The "Just Imagine Stan Lee Creating..." universe.
    - Trinity: Superman (Salden), Batman (Wayne Williams), Wonder Woman (Maria Mendoza)
    7 - "Essential Major Comics" Earth (an ersatz Ultimate Marvel with hints of Hellboy) (see Earth-8); home of Thunderer. This world has been heavily damaged following the Gentry's attack.
    - Trinity: Unknown (Thunderer may be a Superman analogue; Walkurye seems to be an Angela/Wonder Woman combination)
    8 - "Major Comics" Earth; an ersatz Marvel universe and home of the Retaliators.
    - Trinity: Unknown (possibly Hyperius and Major Max)
    9 - Tangent Earth.
    - Trinity: Superman (Harvey Dent), Batman (Sir William), Wonder Woman (Wanda). (Note: The Atom might be a better Superman analogue here.)
    10 - Nazi Earth; home of the New Reichsmen and the Freedom Fighters.
    - Trinity: Overman, Leatherwing, Brunhilde
    11 - Genderswap-Earth; home of the Justice Guild.
    - Trinity: Superwoman (Laurel), Batwoman, Wonderous Man (Dane)
    12 - "Beyond"-Earth; home of the Justice League Beyond. (Presumably its past is or resembles the DCAU.)
    - Trinity: Superman (Clark Kent), Batman (Terry McGuinness), Wonder Woman (Diana)
    13 - Gothic Earth; home of the League of Shadows. Pre-Nu52, this was a "Vertigo-like" Earth.
    - Trinity: Superdemon (Jason Blood)
    14 - An unknown (dual?) Earth.
    - Trinity: Unknown
    15 - Utopian-Earth. Destroyed.
    - Trinity: Currently none (pre-Nu52, Superman (Zod), Batman (Jason Todd), Wonder Woman (Donna Troy))
    16 - Earth-Me; home of the Just
    - Trinity: Superman (Chris Kent), Batman (Damian Wayne), Wonder Woman (Artemis)
    17 - Post-Atomic Holocaust Earth; home of the Atomic Knights of Justice.
    - Trinity: Superman analogue uncertain, Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Unknown)
    18 - Old West Earth; home of the Justice Riders.
    - Trinity: Super Chief (Saganowana), El Diablo, Madame .44
    19 - Victorian-Earth; based on Gotham by Gaslight and Wonder Woman: Amazonia.
    - Trinity: Batman (Bruce Wayne); Wonder Woman (Diana) (Superman analogue uncertain).
    20 - Pulp-Earth; home of the Society of Super-Heroes.
    - Trinity: Unclear. (Could be any of the SOS members; a "Bat-Man" is known to be on this world)
    21 - DC: The New Frontier; home of the Justice League of America.
    - Trinity: Superman (Clark Kent), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Diana)
    22 - Kingdom Come; home of the Justice League.
    - Trinity: Superman (Clark Kent), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Diana)
    23 - Black-Earth; home of black versions of the New Earth heroes
    - Trinity: Superman (Kal-El/President Calvin Ellis), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Nubia)
    24 - An "Unknown Earth."
    - Trinity: Unknown.
    25 - An "Unknown Earth."
    26 - "Earth C"; home of the Zoo Crew.
    - Trinity: Captain Carrot (Rodney Rabbit), American Eagle (Johnny Jingo), Yankee Poodle (Rova Barkitt)
    27 - An "Unknown Earth."
    28 - An "Unknown Earth."
    Bizarro World - 29; away of Unjustice League of Unamerica.
    - No Am Trinity: Unknown (Bizarro), Unknown (Batzarro), Unknown (Bizarro Wonder Woman)
    30 - Soviet-Earth; inspired by Superman: Red Son.
    - Trinity: Superman (Kal-El/name unknown), Batman (Unknown), Wonder Woman (Diana)
    31 - Pirate World based on Detective Comics Annual #9. Much to our confusion, this is no longer the Frank Millerverse.
    - Trinity: Unidentified Superman; Leatherwing; Unidentified Wonder Woman
    32 - Earth-Mashup (based on Batman: In Darkest Knight); home of the Justice Titans.
    - Trinity: SuperMartian (unknown), Bat Lantern (Bruce Wayne), WonderHawk (Diana)
    33 - "Earth-Prime"--the "real world."
    - Trinity: Unknown--we likely don't have one.
    34 - Earth-Cosmoville (an Astro City analogue); home of the Light Brigade.
    - Trinity: Savior, Stingray (Bruce Wayne), Herculina
    35 - Earth-Pseudoverse (an Extreme Comics analogue); home of the Super-Americans.
    - Trinity: Supremo, the Owl (Bruce Wayne), and Majesty
    36 - A Big Bang Comics analogue; home of the Justice 9.
    - Trinity: Optiman (deceased), Iron Knight (Bruce Wayne), War-Woman
    37 - A "Howard Chaykin" universe based on Batman: Thrillkiller.
    - Trinity: Unknown except for Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
    38 - John Byrne's Superman/Batman: Generations.
    - Trinity: Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Diana).
    39 - A "Wally Wood" sci-fi world; home of the Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R.
    - Trinity: Unclear.
    40 - Dark-Pulp Earth; home of the Society of Super Villains.
    - Trinity: Unknown,
    41 - An ersatz "Image Comics"-Earth.
    - Trinity: Superman analogue unclear, Scorpion (Bruce Wayne), Vague
    42 - Chibi-Earth; home of the Little Leaguers.
    - Trinity: Chibi versions of Superman, Batman (Dick Grayson), and Wonder Woman
    43 - Vampire-Earth; home of the Blood League. Inspired by Batman & Dracula: Red Rain.
    - Trinity: Ultraman, Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Diana)
    44 - Robot Earth; home of the Metal League.
    - Trinity: Gold Superman, Iron Batman, and Platinum Wonder Woman
    45 - Corporate-Earth from Action Comics #9.
    - Trinity: Superdoom (created by Clark Kent)
    46 - An "Unknown Earth."
    47 - Dreamworld; home of the Love Syndicate.
    - Trinity: Sunshine Superman, Shooting Star (Bruce Wayne)
    48 - Warworld (an "Alan Moore" Universe based on Top Ten and Twilight of the Superheroes); home of Lord Volt and Lady Quark.
    - Trinity: Unknown (probably includes Lord Volt and Lady Quark)
    49 - An "Unknown Earth."
    50 - Justice Lords Earth; home of the Justice Lords Beyond.
    - Trinity: Lord Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent), Lord Batman (Bruce Wayne), Lord Wonder Woman (Diana)
    51 - "Great Disaster Earth" (or the "Jack Kirby" Earth); home of Kamandi

Blood Moon: Brainiac's home where he holds cities taken from Earths no longer in existence.
    Wonderworld: A futuristic world of colossal superheroes used in Morrison's JLA: Rock of Ages story.
    Kwyzz: A world of radio-beings from Morrison's Flash run.
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 03-23-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Additional thoughts from poster Dispenser of Truth (edits by me):

The Quadrants: The map can be divided into four quadrants along two axes: Order (related to "Dream") and Chaos (related to "Nightmare") on the vertical, and the Pit (related to Apokolips) and Pinnacle (related to New Genesis) on the horizontal.
    Pinnacle-Order (1, 2, 5, 8, 17, 20, 28, 30, 34, 36, 49) seem to be classical and/or utopian Earths.
    Pit-Order (4, 9, 27, 31, 35, 39, 41, 45, 46, 48, 50): grim and gritty, 'realistic' Earths.
    Pinnacle-Chaos (11, 12, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 32, 42, 47): cartoony or otherwise 'weird' Earths
    Pit-Chaos (3, 10, 13, 15, 19, 24, 37, 38, 40, 43, 44): dangerous Earths with 'twists'.
    Order-Chaos Axis: (14, 0, 33, and 29): seem to show a continuum from high heroism (0) to no heroism (33) to sheer madness (29).
    Pit-Pinnacle Axis: (6, 7, 22, 51): posibly a continuum of approaches to comics, from Stan Lee's approach (6) to big "events" (7 and 22) to Kirby's visions (51 and New Genesis).

The Rings: DoT theorizes that the rings correspond to Morrison's four phases of superhero comic history: Gold, Silver, Dark and Renaissance.
    Orrery Orbital One: (7, 22, 24, 25, 30, 31) are brutal, politically driven Earths, similar to the Golden Age.
    Orrery Orbital Two: (2, 3, 16, 20, 27, 28, 32, 35, 37, 40, 45, 47) correspond with the developing history of superhero comics in numerous ways, from its predecessors in the pulps (20, 40) and noir (37) to the beginnings of the Multiverse (2, 3) to the square-jawed 60s science champions (32) to 70s drugged-out cosmic comix (47, with its opposite in 35, being in the Pit-Order quadrant, probably being very restrained, conservative and 50sish), and on into its current incarnation as franchise (16, 45).
    Orrery Orbital Three: Defined by their relation to us: through our creators (6, 51), our history (18, 19), our cultural fears (17, 43), our issues and demographics (11, 23); the world where we live our own lives (33), and the world we made to save us (0). That connection to the real world indicates the Dark Age.
    Orrery Orbital Four: stretch the superhero concept in a variety of directions and approaches, to a number of different ends, the goal of Morrison's dreamed-of Renaissance.

Unknown Lines: There are multiple unexplained lines which form geometric pattern around the map, which spiral from the outside to the center. It is unclear if these are additional orbits, travel lanes, or something else. They touch or run through various Earths. Four of them have distinct colors, while the rest are Orange-Red. This is the order in which the path go, from outside to in.
    The Dark Arc: 1, 14, 48, 46, 27.
    The Light Arc: 48, 14, 1, 49, 28, 26.
    The Bizarro Arc: 13, 29, 21, 11, 32, 30.
    Unnamed Arc: 21, 29, 13, 43, 37, 31.
    Orange (1): 39, 44, 43, 3, 26, 22.
    Orange (2): 44, 39, 46, 45, 30, 22.
    Orange (3): 8, 26, 12, 11, 16, 24, 7.
    Orange (4): 26, 8, 49, 2, 31, 7.

Let's not forget the map:

Elsewhere, we're trying to figure out who is drawing which Earths in January's Guidebook.
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 10-27-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I hope one these Earths is the pre-52 Earth with Oracle,JSA,and Titans that don't rot or even better, the direct opposite of the way the 52 is set up.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Wow, this is really good stuff. This was obviously a labour of love for you.

I thought that Earth 1 WAS the OGN stuff. Is there doubt about this??

Also - I can't place Kwyzz. Am I forgetting or missing something??
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-29-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Wow, this is really good stuff. This was obviously a labour of love for you.

I thought that Earth 1 WAS the OGN stuff. Is there doubt about this??

Also - I can't place Kwyzz. Am I forgetting or missing something??
    I don't remember which interview said it, but one of them was ambiguous about whether Earth-1 was the OGNs. Also, my recollection is that the Teen Titans OGN is *not* on the same world as Superman: Earth One despite sharing a name.

Kwyzz is that little spark next to Earth-42. Or am I misreading your question?

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I don't remember which interview said it, but one of them was ambiguous about whether Earth-1 was the OGNs. Also, my recollection is that the Teen Titans OGN is *not* on the same world as Superman: Earth One despite sharing a name.

Kwyzz is that little spark next to Earth-42. Or am I misreading your question?
    Yeah, but that'll be my fault. Kwyzz itself? Is it Flash related possibly? Racking my mind trying to 'place' it in my memory and don't wanna resort to just looking it up.

The name rings a bell but I can't place it.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, but that'll be my fault. Kwyzz itself? Is it Flash related possibly? Racking my mind trying to 'place' it in my memory and don't wanna resort to just looking it up.

The name rings a bell but I can't place it.
    Apparently Wally West had an imaginary friend named Krakkl who was from the electric world of Kwyzz. My bad. I assumed this was an imp-world, but it appears to be a speed force thing.

Of course, in the 90s, there seemed to be a push for DC to have a "grand unified theory of imps" where all Silver Age imps were from the 5th dimension. I believe it was firmly established that Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt and Aquaman's imp...whatever his name was...Qwisp?...were also from the 5th Dimension. I am unclear if Bat-Mite was ever verified as an imp, but it sure seems like he should have been. And I can't remember if Zook was an imp or an alien.

Oh well. Go read Superman/Batman: World's Funnest for some great Multiverse imp-on-imp warfare.

Wonder Woman X Superman Diana X Kal's Avatar

There was another more detailed map. Anyone have it?

Edit: Here it is, has more stuff on it.

Last edited by Diana X Kal; 07-30-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    Wonder Woman <3

Yeah, Wally West's buddy. Don't know about Bat-Mite either. Thought Zook WAS an imp but could be wrong.

Minor point - yeah, shame it's not more detailed. Earth 2 should have craters in Italy, Brazil, South Africa etc.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Thanks for being so thorough with your updates, resipsaloquitur. Now I want to know ... which earth would you like to live on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Thanks for being so thorough with your updates, resipsaloquitur. Now I want to know ... which earth would you like to live on ?
    Oh, gee whiz...they all sound so awful right now, and I wish I knew the full list. Maybe Earth-16, since it seems to be low-threat and is populated by a lot of 90s' characters. The 1990s was my seminal DC period--I was happiest with the company between 1992 and 2003--so it'd be fun to be on a world where Kyle, Wally, Donna, Conner and others are still running around.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Oh, gee whiz...they all sound so awful right now, and I wish I knew the full list. Maybe Earth-16, since it seems to be low-threat and is populated by a lot of 90s' characters. The 1990s was my seminal DC period--I was happiest with the company between 1992 and 2003--so it'd be fun to be on a world where Kyle, Wally, Donna, Conner and others are still running around.
    Well, does OUR real world sound as bad as the others? We may be close to Earth 16. But we are also close to Nightmare and Bizarro World.

We're supposed to be on Earth-33. Look at the position of Earth-33 on the larger map. See where we are? Creepy.
    Last edited by Melwicker; 07-30-2014 at 01:04 AM.

I do wonder if the earth where superboy prime is from still exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    You mean Earth-33?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    That would be Earth-33, so yes. Does it exist exaclt as it did before Flashpoint? No.