Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1907
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    DC editorial planning is our best defense against the Gentry attack: They delayed the invasion for a week last wednesday.
    theRe D-lAyinG taCTics WiL naUgHt sTop uS.

Updating the earths in DC site:
    Tangent, Red Rain, New Frontier, Kingdom Come, Beyond, Bizarro, Metal men and Pirate earths added.
    The most interesting, Adam Strange, interplanetary Vampire slayer.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

ANd now exploring earth-prime in the most trippiest way possible:
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...n-unleash.html
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

ANd now exploring earth-prime in the most trippiest way possible:
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...n-unleash.html

My. Body. Is. Ready.

Oddity on DC's site: it describes Superman's team on Earth-22 as the Justice Society, not the Justice League (as they were clearly called in Kingdom Come). Since this is a website and hasn't actually been seen in-story, I'm going to chalk this up to being a typo and I'll assume that "a" version of Kingdom Come is still in continuity.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

All I know is that this is the real Justice League --> The Love Syndicate!!

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Oddity on DC's site: it describes Superman's team on Earth-22 as the Justice Society, not the Justice League (as they were clearly called in Kingdom Come). Since this is a website and hasn't actually been seen in-story, I'm going to chalk this up to being a typo and I'll assume that "a" version of Kingdom Come is still in continuity.
    I think we can expect some changes respect to the main elseworlds and original stories. But compared tp others earths, the changes were minor and not as radical as i.e. for earth-32 (mash-up world) were all the Green lantern League was just replaced by the Justice Titans or the way as Amazonia's Wonder Woman was just implanted in Gaslight world.

I wonder if there's a special connection between earth-34 (Light Brigade) and earth-44 (Metal League) because in Rouleau's Metal Men mini-series, based on concepts from Grant Morrison, the responsometer (philosopher stone) came from Mu, which is Savior's homeland. Hmmm ...

Another thought. There is no Wonder Woman analogue in earth-47's Love Syndicate. Given that peace and love are commonplace on earth-47, there was never a need for a WW analogue to leave Paradise Isle to bring peace to the world of man. So what has earth-47 WW being doing over the years??

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    I wonder if there's a special connection between earth-34 (Light Brigade) and earth-44 (Metal League) because in Rouleau's Metal Men mini-series, based on concepts from Grant Morrison, the responsometer (philosopher stone) came from Mu, which is Savior's homeland. Hmmm ...
    I don't think so. Outside the fact there is a reboot in between the concepts, there is also the fact than both belong to different earths Mu civilizations. But who knows? Maybe in the future some other writer could give a plausible explanation.

Another thought. There is no Wonder Woman analogue in earth-47's Love Syndicate. Given that peace and love are commonplace on earth-47, there was never a need for a WW analogue to leave Paradise Isle to bring peace to the world of man. So what has earth-47 WW being doing over the years??
    The lead singer of some hippie rock band? Anyway, the Love Syndicate make think of the Scooby Gang with superpowers. Just look at Magic Ring!!

BANNED

The Owl is interesting.

Wonder of Dc will ever merge an Owl and a batman into some random BatOwl.

I don't think so. Outside the fact there is a reboot in between the concepts, there is also the fact than both belong to different earths Mu civilizations. But who knows? Maybe in the future some other writer could give a plausible explanation.

The lead singer of some hippie rock band? Anyway, the Love Syndicate make think of the Scooby Gang with superpowers. Just look at Magic Ring!!
    On earth-47, Shaggy demonstrated the ability to overcome great fear?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

On earth-47, Shaggy demonstrated the ability to overcome great fear?
    Not any Shaggy I know.
    Buh-bye

So Grant Morrison joins the Justice League of the Multiverse?!!

Astonishing Member

So Grant Morrison joins the Justice League of the Multiverse?!!
    Or he's the Empty Hand. What dread hand casts the lightning?

Could it be the guy who started back around COIE and has been shaking up the narrative ever since? Are the Gentry HIS pets, specifically - the extreme archetypes of the tropes that he himself has employed the most?

Naturally.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com