Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm hoping Superboy Prime will just go back to his pre-Crisis status quo. Something like Busiek's Secret Identity. I'll be surprised if Morrison doesn't acknowledge the character.

This annotation has a few notable ones. Notably is the Wally Wood world Morrison mentioned recently. I think he mentions a Chaykin world too, with distinct globe. anybody found that one yet?

Also, anyone wanna talk the small differences on the worlds themselves? Like how Earth-22 has a crater from the climax of Kingdom Come, or Earth-9 has a truncuated Florida where the Cuban Missile Crisis went hot? I feel there's tons we haven't noticed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    This annotation has a few notable ones. Notably is the Wally Wood world Morrison mentioned recently. I think he mentions a Chaykin world too, with distinct globe. anybody found that one yet?

Also, anyone wanna talk the small differences on the worlds themselves? Like how Earth-22 has a crater from the climax of Kingdom Come, or Earth-9 has a truncuated Florida where the Cuban Missile Crisis went hot? I feel there's tons we haven't noticed yet.
    Here you can see the icons in a better resolution.
    I thinks is still to soon to pin some earths from before Infinite-Final Crisis/Flashpoint era and the DCnU. There will be contradictions and until the guide to be published, as the OP said, we must stick to what Morrison has said. We only will have a more clear picture with the books in our hands.
    I wish than some of the 52-era (as in 52, the weekly) earths could keep their presence in the New52: the genderswaped earth (11), the tangent universe(9), the Kingdom Come world (22). But there is no security about that would still be cannon.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Jody, I like that Google article, but I have no idea where he's getting his numbers from. Pre-Flashpoint, Earth-11 was genderswap Earth and it probably still is, but I haven't seen it verified anywhere. Same with earth-45: we know Superdoom came from somewhere, but I cannot find ANY independent verification of that. I've included guesswork and Pre-Flashpoint references where possible, but I'm not bolding something until we get verification in either an interview or the comic itself. (Even interviews can be unreliable--during Countdown, nobody could agree on what Earths 13 and 16 were.)

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Jody, I like that Google article, but I have no idea where he's getting his numbers from. Pre-Flashpoint, Earth-11 was genderswap Earth and it probably still is, but I haven't seen it verified anywhere. Same with earth-45: we know Superdoom came from somewhere, but I cannot find ANY independent verification of that. I've included guesswork and Pre-Flashpoint references where possible, but I'm not bolding something until we get verification in either an interview or the comic itself. (Even interviews can be unreliable--during Countdown, nobody could agree on what Earths 13 and 16 were.)
    Yep, that was a full editorial mess. I remember than nobody was sure which one was the Forerunner world, for example.
    And thanks to Jody, we know than

the Frank Miller world is all black and white scratches, and Howard Chaykin’s all letter-toned dots, so Ryan actually made every single world quite distinctive.
    By the way, resipsaloquitur ,from where you get the info of the Red Runner?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This stuff is awesome. If DC 2015 revolves around Morrison's ideas, it's going to be a banner year for DC Comics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yep, that was a full editorial mess. I remember than nobody was sure which one was the Forerunner world, for example.
    And thanks to Jody, we know than

Somebody posted a link to a video interview with Morrison yesterday--it's in one of the other Multiversity threads. It seems that RR is "a gay Flash." Of course, Morrison was in an interview, so he could have been rattling off the top of his head and either the name or the number is wrong. I'll amend if that turns out to be so, but give presumption to his words until then.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone else see the clear orbs?

The one opposite Nil? The ones between the Realms of the Gods? The node opposite Kwyzz and the other two nodes on a perpendicular axis in the Orrery?

I am guessing they exist for further development.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    http://www.comicvine.com/videos/sdcc...iew/2300-2674/

The gender swapped world will probably be in the mini, as the solicit mentions a Sister Miracle. Plus, we have the upside down world designated Earth-11. Upside down makes since for a gender swapped world.

The gender swapped world will probably be in the mini, as the solicit mentions a Sister Miracle. Plus, we have the upside down world designated Earth-11. Upside down makes since for a gender swapped world.
    Right. Well, I made some modifications to list, putting some worlds in italics where we have a "good idea" of what they are but still lacking confirmation. Again, I have every confidence that Earth-11 is genderswapped, but I'd like to see it in an interview or in print first give the calamaties we went through in Countdown.

I do wonder if they're going to take the opportunity to condense some of the worlds listed in Countdown. I recall at least two worlds with "Atomic Knights" (Earth-17 and another one) and two Victorian worlds (one based on Gotham by Gaslight and one based on Wonder Woman: Amazonia). Might be a good time to merge some of those worlds together to save room for other concepts. Maybe some of the old west stuff from Batman: The Blue, The Grey, and The Bat and Superman: A Nation Divided can get rolled into the Justice Riders world.

Ah, I just noticed the reason for Earth-45 being the Superdoom Earth- it's designated Earth-45tm. Fits in line with the story, though still a bit unconfirmed.

OK, good eye. Now that we've identified a lot of the named Earths so far, let's try to address some questions:

Why is Earth-1 all gold/yellow? Is this the OGN Earth, or is something else going on there?
    Why doesn't Earth-2 have firepits? Laziness? Did the author forget? Are they going away at some point?
    Why isn't Earth-3 reversed?
    What's up with the swirls on Earth-9? Is this the "Tangent" Earth or something else? Is Florida small, or does it just look small?
    Why is Earth-11 upside-down? Is this symbolic of a gender-flipped Earth? (Answer: probably.)
    Why does Earth-12 colored more happily than the other Earths? (If it's the DCAU, then it's probably a jollier Earth than any of the others.)
    Why is Earth-13 so dark? Is it still supposed to be "Vertigo"?
    Why is Earth-14 doing...whatever it's doing? Why is it hidden (along with six other Earths)?
    Why is Earth-15 just a black shadow?
    What the heck is that around Earth-19?
    Is that a flare on Earth-22, or just a trick of the light?
    What's going on with Earth-31? Is that just supposed to be a Frank Millerism?
    Is Earth-32 mostly covered with water?
    Why is Earth-34 so green?
    What's with those lines on Earth-35?
    What does the "global"-lined logo on Earth-36 represent?
    Why is Earth-38 so blue?
    What are those lines on Earth-41?
    Why is Earth-42 reversed? That was emblematic of Morrison's Crime Syndicate world in JLA: Earth-2; however, this Earth appears in the "zany" quadrant.
    Why is Earth-44 so gray?
    Why is there a hole in Earth-45's North America? (I don't remember Action Comics #9 very well--did Superdoom blow up the U.S.?)
    Is Earth-47 the home of the 1960s Justice League?
    What's that triangle on Earth-48?
    Is Earth-50 still a "Wildstorm" world?
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 07-30-2014 at 04:57 PM.

My guess is Earth-1 is fundamentally shielded from the Multiverse and possibly even itself. That'd be a metafictional way to explain why none of the graphic novels step on each others toes and seem to exist in their own little bubbles.

If Earth-9 is still the Tangent world, its Florida, alongside Cuba and the Florida Keyes, was blown up during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Earth-12 was animated world, so its done in more of animated palette. I'd wager this one will be unchanged from Flashpoint- there's a lot of potential for Morrison to play around with, after all.

Earth-22, if its still the Kingdom Come world, probably has the climactic nuke shown, or its crater.

Earth-32 is certainly Millerworld. He specifically mentioned the Miller globe in the interview I linked earlier, and it's the only world that fits the descriptoin.