Page 55 of 128 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

So the lack of updates is killing me. I'm sure the official map will get an Earth-5 update in the coming weeks, but has anybody seen anything else on other boards, interviews, Twitter, etc...?

Nothing, but soon there must to have a preview for the guidebook (two weeks at least). And oh boy, when those preview hit the 'net, is gonna be interesting. Only three weeks until the guidebook.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Yes, I need more updates soon, I'm withering away, help me ...

And look what a little Googling gets you--seems that Marcus To is drawing some pages with the Legion of Sivanas?

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    And look what a little Googling gets you--seems that Marcus To is drawing some pages with the Legion of Sivanas?
    Cool! I think he's drawing the chibi Bats / atomic knight Bats story.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Cool! I think he's drawing the chibi Bats / atomic knight Bats story.

Hmmmm, how can we tell that's his art? (I'm not up on him.) Maybe the Sivanas show up in the Bat/Bat story?

He says he was a "LATE" addition to the Guidebook, so I'd be surprised that they'd have a last-minute addition to the main story of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Hmmmm, how can we tell that's his art? (I'm not up on him.) Maybe the Sivanas show up in the Bat/Bat story?

He says he was a "LATE" addition to the Guidebook, so I'd be surprised that they'd have a last-minute addition to the main story of the book.
    It's his art from instagram, resipsaloquitur. To tends to draw books with youthful characters (e.g., New Warriors, Cyborg 009), so he'd be a good pick for drawing chibi characters.

Chibi New Warriors by To ...
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 01-03-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Another story featuring the Legion of Silvana?

AWESOME.

The Multiversity Guidebook is going to be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

At last new info. Is going to be interesting to see what is going on with the Legion of Sivanas. Looks like the Legion of SIvanas is going to have a heavy role the whole Multiverse adventure.
    And interestingly, Chibi Bat is apparently reading a comic. So he will ready for anything. (It's chibi Batman, after all).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

2008, unspecified day and time ...
    Grant Morrison: So Geoff, I want to create a guidebook for the Multiversity series.
    Geoff Johns: Okay, tell me a little more.
    Grant Morrison: It will be a "Who's Who" reference book for DC's multiverse of characters. We'll need a variety of artists.
    Geoff Johns: Okay, sounds good, I'll make some calls and take care of that.
    2014, early Nov., unspecified day and time ...
    Geoff Johns: Hey Grant, we're still working on the roster of artists for the guidebook. And we're going to do a Convergence thing.
    Grant Morrison: Whu ...?
    Geoff Johns: Don't worry, bro, it's all kosher, I'm going to call Marcus To the day after tomorrow. We can count on him in the crunch. The guidebook won't be late. You know To?
    Grant Morrison: Well ...
    Geoff Johns: Check out his tumblr. And you're going to love my 2nd volume of Batman Earth-One. DC Forever! Keep up the good work. Protein shake?
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 01-03-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    2008, unspecified day and time ...
    Grant Morrison: So Geoff, I want to create a guidebook for the Multiversity series.
    Geoff Johns: Okay, tell me a little more.
    Grant Morrison: It will be a "Who's Who" reference book for DC's multiverse of characters. We'll need a variety of artists.
    Geoff Johns: Okay, sounds good, I'll make some calls and take care of that.
    2014, early Nov., unspecified day and time ...
    Geoff Johns: Hey Grant, we're still working on the roster of artists for the guidebook. And we're going to do a Convergence thing.
    Grant Morrison: Whu ...?
    Geoff Johns: Don't worry, bro, it's all kosher, I'm going to call Marcus To the day after tomorrow. We can count on him in the crunch. The guidebook won't be late. You know To?
    Grant Morrison: Well ...
    Geoff Johns: Check out his tumblr. And you're going to love my 2nd volume of Batman Earth-One. DC Forever! Keep up the good work. Protein shake?
    Sadly I believe this could be true.

Spectacular Member

So I don't know if this idea was raised before, but has there been any mention of a Milestone Earth? It would fit with the various Earths based off other publishers that DC acquired. I was looking at the fictional publishers/cities from The Just, and they mention "Victory Comics" from New Hooverville. Victory = Milestone?
    They look the way engines might dream of themselves. - Grant Morrison on Kirby machines

My guess is Victory would be Valiant. That said, I think the publishers and towns are seprate, owing to Cosmoville. That's almost certainly the Astro City homage, and Astro City had little to do with Tower Comics (Spire Comics).

Who knows, though? We'll find out in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkasara View Post
    So I don't know if this idea was raised before, but has there been any mention of a Milestone Earth? It would fit with the various Earths based off other publishers that DC acquired. I was looking at the fictional publishers/cities from The Just, and they mention "Victory Comics" from New Hooverville. Victory = Milestone?
    Calvin Ellis cover the black Superman trope...
    Jokes aside, seems than as in Marvel there is no interest in to use Ultraverse characters or any wish to solve the problem in their use, looks like DC have their own share of mess with the Milestone characters, with little or no wish at all to use them: they belong more to their creators and seems than push up for them is not a priority for DC directive. Even with the presence of Static in the first wave of New52. But maybe still could happen to they belong to some alternative universe. (And for Static being in earth-0, just say he is a doppelganger from Dakotaverse Static).

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    My guess is Victory would be Valiant. That said, I think the publishers and towns are seprate, owing to Cosmoville. That's almost certainly the Astro City homage, and Astro City had little to do with Tower Comics (Spire Comics).

Who knows, though? We'll find out in a few weeks.
    Cosmoville could be Astro city homage, but also could be Satellite City. And we don't have security if the references are crossed. I mean, Keyhole comics is published in earth-5, but could relate the adventures happening in a Gold Key like universe.
    What else could be Victory?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-03-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkasara View Post
    Personally, I wish that that’s what Earth-23 had been: instead of President Calvin Ellis as Superman, I would have liked to have seen a Milestone-based world where Augustus Freeman (a.k.a. Icon) became President.

Granted, Calvin Ellis is supposed to be an homage to Barack Obama; and Augustus Freeman as President would only be that in the sense that he’d be a black President.

More generally though, while the only characters we’ve seen on Earth-23 have thus far all been versions of DC characters (usually black versions thereof, with Batman being the notable exception), I see no reason why you wouldn’t find Milestone characters there.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.