Page 8 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    By the way: where is Nekron from?
    "Spiritual realm between Heaven and Hell" aka The Land of the Unliving/Dead Zone.

So, Yeah. "Between Heaven and Hell."
    Last edited by Pandaman; 08-03-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I am wondering how Morrison's "big ideas" fit with Geoff Johns' in the DC architectural structure. They both have significant pull, but sometimes it seems like Morrison is the idea man while Johns is the architect. I don't know.
    Actually, The man who made the idea of Nekron's realm is not Geoff Johns but Mike W. Barr. (In 1981)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I'm not gone! My next published work will be ASTRO CITY 14, out August 13th. And I've got a new series, TOOTH & CLAW, starting in November.

But glad you liked that bit in TRINITY!

kdb
    And here we have him again. Nice to see you again KB. Figuratively, I mean.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Yep, I know that there is a semi-justification, but frankly speaking it was an incredibly uninventive character nonetheless. Basically, a giant ape with a Starman mantle. So? As if there weren't already tons on interesting concepts on Kirby earths which could be better developed.
    Another one I didn't like was the "magic" Green Lantern from Earth-5. Why were there a necessity to put a GL even on Shazam-earth is a mystery to me. That's exactly the kind of lazy concepts I DON'T want to see in the new multiverse.
    Yep, Arena was a letdown. They must had to use Diamond Jack instead.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Now what we need to do is make a map of Earth 0 and Mark up all the cities of relevence, real and fiction, and the major events that happened there, complete with reference points and any stray interesting fact. Im curious how many people are left alive at the moment lol

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Major Earth-20 (Society of Super-Heroes) spoilers ...

Abin-Sur, the mighty Atom, and Immortal Man sketches!

I can't wait any longer, give me my Multiversity now for heaven's sake, now!!

Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 08-06-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Major Earth-20 (Society of Super-Heroes) spoilers ...

Abin-Sur, the mighty Atom, and Immortal Man sketches!

I can't wait any longer, give me my Multiversity now for heaven's sake, now!!

Could the Atom, the Flash, and Firestorm all have an esoteric and essential link to the real-life fundamental forces of the universe/multiverse and of physics? The three superheroes that I mentioned above might have fundamental links to the basic quantum and cosmological forces that bind the universe together in our world as well as the greater multiverse.

We know that both Firestorm and the Flash may be essentially fundamentally linked to the physical forces of the multiverse in some way.
    For example: The Flash and other speedsters generate the Speed Force and are simultaneously powered by it. The Speed Force encircles all 52 worlds in the multiverse map.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    Could the Atom, the Flash, and Firestorm all have an esoteric and essential link to the real-life fundamental forces of the universe/multiverse and of physics? The three superheroes that I mentioned above might have fundamental links to the basic quantum and cosmological forces that bind the universe together in our world as well as the greater multiverse.

We know that both Firestorm and the Flash may be essentially fundamentally linked to the physical forces of the multiverse in some way.
    For example: The Flash and other speedsters generate the Speed Force and are simultaneously powered by it. The Speed Force encircles all 52 worlds in the multiverse map.
    In the cases of Firestorm and Atom I would say no - they are simply using/bending the forces of the universe where they exist. In the case of the Flash I think they will back away from any idea that he not only taps the speed force, but also creates it. It just opens up too many cans of worms

So did everyone see the Multiversity ad in this week's books? If you haven't noticed, each page has a list of several of the Earths. Most of their numbers are in grey, but some stand out in white: Earths-0, 5, 7, 8, 11, 16, 23, 36, 41, 42, 44, and 48.

No idea why. Those aren't necessarily the worlds that will appear in each comic--Earths-4 and -20 aren't on there. So...what's up with the highlights?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    In the cases of Firestorm and Atom I would say no - they are simply using/bending the forces of the universe where they exist. In the case of the Flash I think they will back away from any idea that he not only taps the speed force, but also creates it. It just opens up too many cans of worms
    Captain Atom, on the other hand ...
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Long Live the Legion! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    RIP Unholy THREE earth-40, pouring out some cream soda for you, you will be missed ...

Why RIP? There's nothing that says they can't exist on the same world as Vandal Savage and his "diabolical JSA".
    DRINK!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post
    "Spiritual realm between Heaven and Hell" aka The Land of the Unliving/Dead Zone.

So, Yeah. "Between Heaven and Hell."
    Nekron's realm is everwhere, in a sense. The entire DCU used to be his universe. Nekron's reality is what existed before the first living thing died. Once life and death happened, the universe was full of living things, and all things existing otherwise began to shrink and occupy less space, even as the dead began to occupy it. That's where Nekron resides. In a sort of dark matter bone-structure skeletal shadow of the living universe that became much smaller as the living universe expanded.

Another way of explaining it is to examine the visible light spectrum. If you look closely at it in real life, you can discover microscopic lines that vary in thickness and arrangement throughout the scale. Those are literally shadows being cast by atoms. That is where Nekron is.
    Last edited by ReverseReverseFlash; 08-07-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newell View Post
    Why RIP? There's nothing that says they can't exist on the same world as Vandal Savage and his "diabolical JSA".
    If Morrison likes Tony Harris' Unholy THREE (the Bat, the Clock, Mr. Terrific, and ... the Huntress), then we should see how Vandal Savage got the best of them.

i don't see the realms of the other endless or does that fall under the same place where dream and the new god's realm is?

Another preview page from the Society of Super-Heroes:

I like the Mighty Atom, he's an affable, professional person!