Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1907
    BANNED

What's earth 21? Earth 38 ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broddie View Post
    Basically Darkseid is the idea of evil. Since ideas never die he refuses to cease. He seems to be scattered across the bleed and bleeding into the multiverse in different ways. This is affecting the Gods of New Genesis as well apparently cause they're also bleeding into different worlds across the orrery and dimensions beyond that.

"He's rebuilding his Godhead from shattered fragments" his Godhead = Darkseid Prime?

Darkseid is still corrupting the bleed. It would be flipping amazing if somehow the Gentry stems from all that though it reads like they're even beyond that in terms of ominpotence.

This is just incredible.
    Darkseid poisons everything he comes in contact with. Yeah, I dig it. It jives with what I've been saying about Alexander Luthor's heel-turn for a few years now. It jives with Mandrakk. It jives with Batman's whole life getting progressively darker to the point where just when we thought it could get brighter, Scott Snyder is writing Batman as a horror book and Pete Tomasi's sending Batman to face a new incarnate Darkseid form on Apokolips.

I'm just amazed how well Morrison's hyper-theory New Gods incorporate these reversals in fortune from a logical standpoint. It's almost seamless.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post

spoilers:
    Nope, it sounds like Earth-15 is exactly what it was in Countdown. You'll recall that on that world, successors replaced the classic heroes--so Jason Todd was Batman, Donna was Wonder Woman, Kyle was Green Lantern. And for some reason, Zod was Superman.
    end of spoilers
    I remember that world from Countdown, which is weird because I remember basically nothing else from Countdown. Interesting proximity to Earth-16, which also features successors who have taken over for their mentors permanently, just remixed - Damian instead of Jason, Artemis instead of Donna, Kyle's still there, though, and yeah, the Superman of Earth-16 is Lor-Zod.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

That's 4 destroyed earths.

Spectacular Member

Or more, depending on the state of 8, 20, 40, and 16.

BANNED

They will be ok.

Earth 15 and 2 3 7, stay destroyed.

Interesting that's there's a earth extreme with image but no ws, but ws exists in the blood moon I think. No big deal.

Earth-47 is straight up beautiful. Or should I say spoilers:
    groovy
    end of spoilers

Also, I was closer than I thought with Earth-38. I guessed it had something to do with 1938- I was close. spoilers:
    It's Byrne's Generations!
    end of spoilers

Anybody know who the heroes on Earth-41 are? I recognize Dino Cop and spoilers:
    the Scorpion
    end of spoilers

Oh hey, Earth-32 spoilers:
    does seem influenced by the Mash-Up story in Superman/Batman. The mashup team in that was the Justice Titans too. Convergent ideas, maybe.
    end of spoilers

One neat little meta bit: spoilers:
    New52 Darkseid is referred to as the Great and Terrible Darkseid in the bios for Earths 2 and 3. That seems to be a nod to Baum's Wizard of Oz, wherein the Wizard referred to himself as "The Great and Terrible Oz". And look how he turned out...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jody Garland; 01-28-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Some surprises here.
    spoilers:

On Earth-1 "Time and space are still pliable, and nothing here is certain" - ha!
    On Earth-21, JFK was never killed.
    Earth-31 is NOT Dark Knight Returns, but some kind of pirate world (??)
    Earth-38 is Generations.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Also, I was closer than I thought with Earth-38. I guessed it had something to do with 1938- I was close. spoilers:
    It's Byrne's Generations!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Boy, I sure wouldn't have guessed that. Seems an awfully dark place on the map for it, but it is John Byrne. Just two questions, feel free to answer obliquely or not at all: Is 33 straight up Earth Prime, Superboy and all? And what's 36's deal? Is it a pastiche after all, or something different?
    end of spoilers
    Buh-bye

spoilers:
    The pirate world is derived from an Elseworlds story in Detectic Comics Annual #7 and had another appearance in Batman Chronicles #11. It's Earth-494 in the Absolute Crisis Appendix. Pure speculation here, but I'm guessing the apparent change in it has something to do with Miller and Syner's rumored sequel.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    The pirate world is derived from an Elseworlds story in Detectic Comics Annual #7 and had another appearance in Batman Chronicles #11. It's Earth-494 in the Absolute Crisis Appendix. Pure speculation here, but I'm guessing the apparent change in it has something to do with Miller and Syner's rumored sequel.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Was there any official confirmation on Morrison's part about earth-31 being DKR? Because, you know, as far as I am concerned, I would have put it in the same league with All Star Superman, Watchmen, etc., the "untouchable" ones.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    spoilers:
    Boy, I sure wouldn't have guessed that. Seems an awfully dark place on the map for it, but it is John Byrne. Just two questions, feel free to answer obliquely or not at all: Is 33 straight up Earth Prime, Superboy and all? And what's 36's deal? Is it a pastiche after all, or something different?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We don't really get any real insight into Earth-36 barring its heroes: Optiiman, Flashlight, Cyberion, War-Woman, Mer-Man, Blackbird, Bowboy, and Iron Knight. Probably Big Bang Comics, as guessed: Compare Knight Watchman to Iron Knight, Blue Bird to Black Bird.
    end of spoilers

One curiosity I noticed: spoilers:
    Earth-7 seems to have a few non-Marvel characters. Devil Fist is Hellboy? Golem Concrete? Walkure Liefield's Avengelyne?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    spoilers:

Was there any official confirmation on Morrison's part about earth-31 being DKR? Because, you know, as far as I am concerned, I would have put it in the same league with All Star Superman, Watchmen, etc., the "untouchable" ones.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Official? Technically not, but he explicitly mentions a Miller world here. No reason for it to be untouchable, either, considering it was used during Countdown.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

One curiosity I noticed: spoilers:
    Earth-7 seems to have a few non-Marvel characters. Devil Fist is Hellboy? Golem Concrete? Walkure Liefield's Avengelyne?
    end of spoilers
    You're right. What the hell?

spoilers:
    People noticed them back in Multiversity #1, which is the weird thing. They were legit there.

On a side note, for those curious about the Light Brigade's membership, it goes as follows:
    Master Motley: Jack-in-the-Box
    Ghostman: No idea on this one, but the dude looks like Storm Shadow and that's cool.
    Radman: Atomicus?
    Cutie: Beauty
    Goodfellow: The Gentleman mixed with Lil' Abner
    Forumla-1: MPH
    Herculina: Winged Victory
    Savior: Samaritan
    And Stingray is our Batman, which means he's Confessor? What?
    end of spoilers