Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 117
  1. #61
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,758

    Default

    I was imagining something of grudging respect between two geniuses. A bit like the Reed-Doom rivalry but more amicable (as far as Otto's ego will allow).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  2. #62
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That said, I never noticed before that both of the Storm sibblings had this friendship with a spider, too bad with Anya it was self contained in her own short lived comics, also it looks like she likes to look up to older, blonde women, after Sue and Carol, I wonder who's next?
    Come to think of it, she'll probably be jealous if she finds out about Ms. Marvel being at Camp Gloriana (in Fearless) - because both Sue and Carol are there as keynote speakers!

  3. #63
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I want someone, anyone, to rekindle the Anya/Sue dynamic sooner or later. I think it's neat there's a second FF/Spider-Person relationship after Johnny and Peter. Actually I'd like to expand this further with Reed and Otto, and Ben and (?) Miles perhaps.
    Great idea, Ravin' Ray. Although I always thought that since Ben helped Sandman reform, he might be able to do the same for Venom.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-22-2019 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Come to think of it, she'll probably be jealous if she finds out about Ms. Marvel being at Camp Gloriana (in Fearless) - because both Sue and Carol are there as keynote speakers!
    If she learned about it, it'd be her one regret for leaving Earth to travel in the multiverse

    Anyways, I decided to take a loot at what Anya was doing between leaving that Spider-Society and becoming Spider-Girl, and after her carapace was destroyed in Ms. Marvel#12, I'm not sure she was really supposed to have lost her powers.

    I'm wondering this because I haven't seen any statements supporting this at first, while Young Allies and her own run did confirm that she lost her powers, back when she lost the carapace, it was vaguer.

    In Ms. Marvel#13 she immediately says that she lost her carapace when meeting Carol, but doesn't mention losing the rest of her powers:

    https://i.imgur.com/6SRCO6Q.jpg

    Then in Ms. Marvel#14, Julia attacked her, and Anya won, she fought another spider character and won, but since the fight was off-screen, we don't see how she did it, just the end result with a knocked up Julia and a dented dumpster:

    https://i.imgur.com/7z19vr4.jpg

    While I can't say for sure how good of a fighter Julia is, defeating her without a scratch is probably no easy feat, specialy if powerless, though one could argue she didn't fight properly because she was stressed.

    Anya does seem to have super human resistance and kinda super human strength in Ms. Marvel#18 though:

    https://i.imgur.com/Dyyf30b.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/z8uPUyo.jpg

    Kinda because in the same issue, she wasn't able to break concrete:

    https://i.imgur.com/eHKrwnP.jpg

    But then again, she didn't seem to have much of upper strength back then, even in Amazing Fantasy and her own comic.

    In other times she showed up, (Captain America in Nomad's mini stories and ASM's Grim Hunt), she doesn't do anything that can really be considered super human (By Marvel's standards that is), so I guess by that point they had already decided to depower her but didn't mention it, but then again, it's only in Young Allies and her own comic we see her struggling with "Bola swinging", not before, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 08-23-2019 at 12:24 AM.

  5. #65
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,364

    Default

    The carapace was the source of her original powers. Once that was gone, all her powers were (a similar case happened in New X-Men after Decimation - Icarus initially kept his powers, but when his wings were amputated, he lost his healing factor too)... but she still had a spider power sensitive gene, which led to her getting the stock Spider-Man powerset in Spider-Island and keeping it. Between losing the carapace and Spider-Island, she was relying on her natural gymnastic abilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If she learned about it, it'd be her one regret for leaving Earth to travel in the multiverse
    Nobody except Earth-65 Gwen can still travel the multiverse after Spider-Geddon, remember. Anya's almost certainly back home in 616 now.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The carapace was the source of her original powers. Once that was gone, all her powers were (a similar case happened in New X-Men after Decimation - Icarus initially kept his powers, but when his wings were amputated, he lost his healing factor too)... but she still had a spider power sensitive gene, which led to her getting the stock Spider-Man powerset in Spider-Island and keeping it. Between losing the carapace and Spider-Island, she was relying on her natural gymnastic abilities.
    I know that's definitely supposed to be the case afterwards, I was just wondering if that was the case before Young Allies, since again, it's there they mention for the first time she's powerless and show her struggling because of it, and at least one scene in Ms. Marvel implies she was still supposed to have other powers.

    Nobody except Earth-65 Gwen can still travel the multiverse after Spider-Geddon, remember. Anya's almost certainly back home in 616 now.
    Right, got confused because Gwen still can do it, but forgot she isn't using a web watch for it...

  7. #67
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    So with Maximum Venom being very likely to be the last season of the show, it seems that is going to be a while to see Anya pop-up in other media outside comics.

    The new show doesn't feature her (not that her inclusion would make me interested) and there doesn't seem to be plans for a new show in the future. And even if there is one, I doubt she would be even considered for the cast.

    Right now Sony is the only option to potentially see her in other media. I think that the lack of use of her from Disney debunks the theory that the partially hold the rights to her, since they prefer using Gwen even thought that's a character they definitely do not own the rights.

    Potentially, she could show up in the ItSV sequel. Phil Lord teased her over his twitter which would be pretty cool to see her there. But for the moment, after MSM finalizes, she will only show up on comics (if we're lucky).

  8. #68

  9. #69
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Preview of FF, featuring a brief cameo of Anya.

    One very notable thing
    spoilers:
    it's confirmed that Rikki is into girls. Considering how popular the Anya/Rikki pairing is, I suppose that Whitley was potentially gonna make it canon and have Anya guest star in a issue. Sadly the cancellation means we won't see them together.
    end of spoilers

  10. #70
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Preview of FF, featuring a brief cameo of Anya.

    One very notable thing
    spoilers:
    it's confirmed that Rikki is into girls. Considering how popular the Anya/Rikki pairing is, I suppose that Whitley was potentially gonna make it canon and have Anya guest star in a issue. Sadly the cancellation means we won't see them together.
    end of spoilers
    Disappointment continues to abound.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #71
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Preview of FF, featuring a brief cameo of Anya.

    One very notable thing
    spoilers:
    it's confirmed that Rikki is into girls. Considering how popular the Anya/Rikki pairing is, I suppose that Whitley was potentially gonna make it canon and have Anya guest star in a issue. Sadly the cancellation means we won't see them together.
    end of spoilers
    My knowdledge on Rikki is very basic, I didn't know she died and resurrected so many times, and ended up somewhere else per resurrection lol.

    Anyways, anyone else noticed that anything that could end up using Anya ends up not being able to for whatever reason? It seems she only shows up when there's multiversal Spider-People around...

    Also weird that Anya's cameo is in her Araña costume, and the flashback with her is during the Young Allies run, but by the time that temporary super-hero group is active, she already switched costumes, but until issue#5, she still called herself Araña, but was with Julia's costume already.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-02-2019 at 08:45 PM.

  12. #72
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,364

    Default

    Yeah, that's an art mistake. The artist probably used the solicited cover art for Young Allies #1 as the source. That has the Arana costume on it to avoid spoiling Grim Hunt, in which Anya was given Julia's suit. The final version of the cover does use the Spider-Girl costume.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's an art mistake. The artist probably used the solicited cover art for Young Allies #1 as the source. That has the Arana costume on it to avoid spoiling Grim Hunt, in which Anya was given Julia's suit. The final version of the cover does use the Spider-Girl costume.
    It's also possible that something like comicbookdb was used too, since she's still listed as "Araña" up until Young Allies#5, but if you only look at the appearances and not at the comic itself, natural to think she had the Araña costume up until the super-hero name change.

  14. #74
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    A not-so-new-but-I'm-just-finding-out-about-it Marvel Super Hero Adventures short was released.


    I'm finding out that she's voiced in these shorts by horror movie director Gigi Saul Guerrero, talk about contrast! She's also a pic of mine to direct a potential Araña/Spider-Girl movie, what a coincidence that she literally played Anya!

  15. #75
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    A not-so-new-but-I'm-just-finding-out-about-it Marvel Super Hero Adventures short was released.


    I'm finding out that she's voiced in these shorts by horror movie director Gigi Saul Guerrero, talk about contrast! She's also a pic of mine to direct a potential Araña/Spider-Girl movie, what a coincidence that she literally played Anya!
    I'm glad Anya's getting some love from Marvel, but I do wish it'd translate into more comics appearances.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •