Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, Avengers helping because the teacher turned out to be an Inhuman isn't teaching them anything, since they still only helped because he was an Inhuman who became a cocoon, not because of him being a "little man".

It was understandable why they weren't helping though, the guy went missing, she had already contacted the police and bigger stuff was happening, so making that a priority is understandable, but honestly? They should still have called some people to help her out since they were sitting around doing nothing, or at least ask for favors for other people. They also were being pretty condescending with Anya since they didn't let her finish and kept making wrong assumptions, such as first thinking she was asking for help to do her homework, and then thinking it's "just" someone who went missing, yeah, Avengers can be assholes lol.

Best part is that Steve of all people sent it to her lol
    Yeah, that's true.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Best part is that Steve of all people sent it to her lol
    I guess Saladin Ahmed hasn't read the Avengers Assemble comic then. He showed Cap struggling with a cellphone app in the Miles Morales book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess Saladin Ahmed hasn't read the Avengers Assemble comic then. He showed Cap struggling with a cellphone app in the Miles Morales book.
    Assemble does show that Steve pretends to be clueless about modern technology. When he sends Anya the song he does with a the message "Don't tell anyone I know how to use a smartphone". Why? Dunno, probably finds it amusing.

Anya shows up in History of the Marvel Universe #5, on the page showing the Spider-Island event. However, she doesn't get named.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also, somehow I never noticed that Anya used to use sparring gloves, which is smart, but also makes this scene from Avengers Assemble#23 questionable:

Then again, in some ways, this one included, that story with Anya as the protagonist made her look too much of a newbie... Plus the whole scene of Wolverine shitting on Spidey for not being smarter when fighting is hypocrisy at its finest, 'cause Wolverine is even worse than him lol.
    Yeah, as much as I like this story -and it is probably the last actually good one featuring her- it really does treat Anya like a newbie and there's some blalant continuity issues. Probably the one that sticks as a sore thumb is how here she acts like she's meeting Steve Rogers for the first time, when they previously met during Onslaught Unleashed.

To be fair on Wolverine, this was around the time where he lost his healing powers, so he was being much more careful and rethinking his methods.

Color me surprised they mentioned Spider-Island at all .

Anya, MJ, Kaine, and Flash cameo for the win .

(Wow, the Spider-Queen looks gorgeous when drawn by Rodriguez).

Julia Carpenter is there as well, to Anya's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Assemble does show that Steve pretends to be clueless about modern technology. When he sends Anya the song he does with a the message "Don't tell anyone I know how to use a smartphone". Why? Dunno, probably finds it amusing.
    Considering that Assemble showed how condescending Avengers can be, specifically to newbies (As he would be a tech-newbie), maybe Steve is hiding it so they don't annoy him :P

Anya shows up in History of the Marvel Universe #5, on the page showing the Spider-Island event. However, she doesn't get named.
    To be fair, Julia isn't named too, and unlike Anya, she's a major character in the story, so they only mentioned a few characters lol.

Also, MJ looks cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    To be fair on Wolverine, this was around the time where he lost his healing powers, so he was being much more careful and rethinking his methods.
    I mean, I have more of a problem with how he says it than what he says, 'cause he is right about Peter being careless when fighting, he calls the attention of enemies when taking them down silently would be more pragmatic, doesn't disarm enemies ASAP, is dependent on Spider-Sense to the point it cripples him, yet may not react that well even with Spider-Sense, and whatever other possible issues... So he has a point, the problem is that Wolverine talks like he's the better one, when he's probably the last person who should ever criticize someone's fighting style while trying to look good, 'cause unlike Wolverine, Spidey bothers to dodge more often than not.

But I guess his arrogance is in-character, but shitting that much in Spidey when they're supposed to be friends, yeah lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Color me surprised they mentioned Spider-Island at all .

Anya, MJ, Kaine, and Flash cameo for the win .

(Wow, the Spider-Queen looks gorgeous when drawn by Rodriguez).
    If I didn't know who Spider-Queen is, I wouldn't even be able to tell she's even supposed to be the villain, she only has some focus because she's isolated for the rest, making it easier to see her, but that's it, she's not looking, uh, evil lol.

Also, that's a whole lot of cleavage she's showing, didn't she cover it in Spider-Island with a metal spider? Lol

Unlike Anya? Spider-Island is actually the origin for her current powers, so Anya's role was big enough to be acknowledged. Her time as Arana was completely ignored, not even a cameo.

Unlike Anya? Spider-Island is actually the origin for her current powers, so Anya's role was big enough to be acknowledged. Her time as Arana was completely ignored, not even a cameo.
    What I meant is that Spider-Island's events don't have Anya as an important character, just that its events are important to her.

Great image, Digifiend. Maybe someday when Anya gets another shot at an ongoing series, they could tap Javier Rodriguez as the regular artist.