Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

Anya finally gets a symbiote!
    Color me more excited for next year's animated Spider-Man, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't look too different her usual outfit apart from her hair now being black, as it's already in Venom's colour scheme. You know what they could've done? Made her look like her old Arana design.
    That would work, especially if the old design you're referring to is the one with her symbiote-like carapace.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would work, especially if the old design you're referring to is the one with her symbiote-like carapace.
    Yeah, her original look, before she got depowered and inherited Julia's costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, her original look, before she got depowered and inherited Julia's costume.
    And then got standard-issue spider-powers from Spider-Island, although there were occasional indications that she could camouflage herself. That said, her original power-set as Arana was more unique, and I liked the grappling bolas she came up with.

Not that the bolas were totally original... there was two British superheroes in the 1960s and 1970s with something similar. The Beano's Billy the Cat and Buster's Leopard from Lime Street. Both are cat themed Spider-Man expies (both even lived with their Aunts) who carried ropes with grappling claws for climbing and for tying up villains.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not that the bolas were totally original... there was two British superheroes in the 1960s and 1970s with something similar. The Beano's Billy the Cat and Buster's Leopard from Lime Street. Both are cat themed Spider-Man expies (both even lived with their Aunts) who carried ropes with grappling claws for climbing and for tying up villains.
    Fair enough, though I still liked them. They were fairly unique as far as Spider-Man offshoots went.

Doesn't look too different her usual outfit apart from her hair now being black, as it's already in Venom's colour scheme. You know what they could've done? Made her look like her old Arana design.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I do notice that her symbiote looks more armor-like. The sort of shoulder pads she seems to have and the... forearm spikes? Seems more reminiscent to Agent Venom.

So I have a heartbeat that Anya might show-up at Future Foundation. Spoilers for FF #1:

spoilers:
    The issue was about retrieving someone from a prison. The person is a girl who identifies as "Rebecca" and she has a strong reaction when Julie mentions Anya. It's heavily implied that she is none other than Rikki Barnes, who had a strong relationship with Anya. Whitley previously mentioned that he was doing story featuring Onslaught, meaning that this could be Rikki and we might get the revelation later on.

Considering all that and that Whitley has said that he has been wanting to write Anya, I think there's a chance that we might see Anya pop-up in FF, if just for a brief reunion with Rikki.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    So I have a heartbeat that Anya might show-up at Future Foundation. Spoilers for FF #1:

spoilers:
    The issue was about retrieving someone from a prison. The person is a girl who identifies as "Rebecca" and she has a strong reaction when Julie mentions Anya. It's heavily implied that she is none other than Rikki Barnes, who had a strong relationship with Anya. Whitley previously mentioned that he was doing story featuring Onslaught, meaning that this could be Rikki and we might get the revelation later on.

Considering all that and that Whitley has said that he has been wanting to write Anya, I think there's a chance that we might see Anya pop-up in FF, if just for a brief reunion with Rikki.
    end of spoilers
    If what you said in the spoiler text comes to pass, I'd love to read that, too. Then again, I'd love to see Anya in comics again, period.

Anya was mentioned alongside most of the surviving Avengers Academy cast though. spoilers:
    Though it's true that Rikki would know Anya better than the rest, as they were Young Allies together. Rebecca's reaction didn't seem to be specific to Anya though - she asked about Spider-Man's wall climbing car, the Spider-Mobile. I think she was just checking she was in 616, and not an AU or the Counter Earth she's from.
    end of spoilers

You also need to consider that she wasn't part of the AA. She was invited to a party, but didn't really know anyone. The name Julie mentions are irrelevant to her since most of them joined after she died. Mind you, she doesn'teven recognized Julie, who was also someone who joined after her death. Anya also joined the AA after her death, so that's practically the only name she recognizes. The only other name she possibly recognizes is Hazmat, since she was at the party the Young Allies also attended, but has no real connection to her.

It was kind of funny that Julie used both of Anya's codenames. She would've known her as Spider-Girl, but that was very recent when she was in AA, as Young Allies is where she got that name. Had Young Allies not been cancelled after only one trade, she would've never joined the Academy.

Incidentally, if Anya was to end up in FF, I think it would cause a bit of personality change, matching the Spider-Man cartoon. She's always been more mystical than technological in the comics.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I want someone, anyone, to rekindle the Anya/Sue dynamic sooner or later. I think it's neat there's a second FF/Spider-Person relationship after Johnny and Peter. Actually I'd like to expand this further with Reed and Otto, and Ben and (?) Miles perhaps.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I want someone, anyone, to rekindle the Anya/Sue dynamic sooner or later. I think it's neat there's a second FF/Spider-Person relationship after Johnny and Peter. Actually I'd like to expand this further with Reed and Otto, and Ben and (?) Miles perhaps.
    Would Reed even be okay with someone like Otto? He didn't really want anything to do with Spidey himself for years despite him hardly looking like the bad guy, while I don't know too much about Reed, I think Otto is too much of a condescending douche and maybe too much on the anti-hero side to get along with Reed.

That said, I never noticed before that both of the Storm sibblings had this friendship with a spider, too bad with Anya it was self contained in her own short lived comics, also it looks like she likes to look up to older, blonde women, after Sue and Carol, I wonder who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Would Reed even be okay with someone like Otto? He didn't really want anything to do with Spidey himself for years despite him hardly looking like the bad guy, while I don't know too much about Reed, I think Otto is too much of a condescending douche and maybe too much on the anti-hero side to get along with Reed.

That said, I never noticed before that both of the Storm sibblings had this friendship with a spider, too bad with Anya it was self contained in her own short lived comics, also it looks like she likes to look up to older, blonde women, after Sue and Carol, I wonder who's next?
    Reed and Sue have a soft spot for Otto because he tried to prevent Sue's miscarriage in the 80's. They'd still disagree on things, though.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Reed and Sue have a soft spot for Otto because he tried to prevent Sue's miscarriage in the 80's. They'd still disagree on things, though.

Oh ****, can't believe I forgot about that, thanks man.