Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I bet Peter wishes he knew him too... he's had plenty of trouble with being accused of being a menace, thanks to Jameson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd be fun seeing a story where Gil and Peter coincided at some point in a investigation. And seeing lil Anya meeting Spider-Man for the first time.

Would be cool to see that, yes. Symbiote Spider-Man could've done it. Won't ever happen though. Anya never gets used, let alone her now-deceased father.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I like it. And it wouldn't be the first time Oscar Isaac has played someone named Miguel with a Spider-connection in the Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Heh, that reminds me how much people make the mistake of thinking that Miguel O'hara was Anya's mentor. Even CBR in this video mentions that O'hara was her mentor:

I'd be kinda funny if someone retcons them to be family, Miguel being Anya's descendant.

Heh, that reminds me how much people make the mistake of thinking that Miguel O'hara was Anya's mentor. Even CBR in this video mentions that O'hara was her mentor:

I'd be kinda funny if someone retcons them to be family, Miguel being Anya's descendant.
    That would have actually been pretty cool, since Miguel was the first published Spider-Person of Latin heritage, even if his story was set a century into the future. At the very least, Miguel as Anya's descendant could be a cool way to link them.

If Miguel was related to Anya, he should've been born with spider powers.

Today, 15 years ago, Amazing Fantasy #1 was released!

Happy birthday Anya!

Today, 15 years ago, Amazing Fantasy #1 was released!

Happy birthday Anya!
    Indeed. I've got the first and third Arana: Heart of the Spider digests (still need to get the second) and the Spider-Man/Arana one-shot that wrapped up the series, the Grim Hunt TPB, the Spider-Girl tie-in mini for Spider-Island, Kelly Sue DeConnick's last five issues of Avengers Assemble, Secret Wars: Spider-Verse, the first five issues of Web Warriors, Spider-Girls from Spider-Geddon, and even Amazing Spider-Girl TPB Vols. 3 and 5 (which had the MC2 version of Anya). I've even read the first volume of Captain Marvel: Carol Danvers --- The Ms. Marvel Years for the sake of Anya's appearances there, and I should probably check out the second volume as well. I just hope she starts appearing in comics again, like a team-up with Miles Morales as Spiders from Brooklyn and Anya becoming kind of a big sister figure to him.

Maybe Gwen's book? We know she's getting a new supporting cast due to her joining Earth-616's Empire State University. Anya's the right age to have also gone to college, and she needs a new status quo now that the Web Watches are gone, meaning she's finally back on 616 full time for the first time since Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe Gwen's book? We know she's getting a new supporting cast due to her joining Earth-616's Empire State University. Anya's the right age to have also gone to college, and she needs a new status quo now that the Web Watches are gone, meaning she's finally back on 616 full time for the first time since Spider-Verse.
    That's a good idea there.

I actually asked McGuire on twitter a while back (it was even before the announcement of the relaunch) if there was a chance for Anya to show up and she gave a very cryptic response. Not denying it, but also not confirming it. Though, I imagine that had Anya be a regular on her comic would have been announced by now. Just looking at the covers, we know that Miles, Peter and Jess are gonna show-up one way or another, so I don't really think she has considered adding Anya to the supporting cast.

Anya finally gets a symbiote!

Doesn't look too different her usual outfit apart from her hair now being black, as it's already in Venom's colour scheme. You know what they could've done? Made her look like her old Arana design.