Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Yeah, what I referred is that in the cartoon that's entirely her superhero origin. In the comics, she had been a superhero for a while before Spider-Island happened.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Women of Marvel 2005

Who do you all feel would be a good choice to portray Anya in a live-action role?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Someone we don't know yet, considering she's a teenager.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hehe, that Dora trailer actually gave me Araña vibes at points. Particularly there' a part where she uses -I think- a yo-yo similarly to Anya's bolas. Wouldn't mind seeing the actress playing her. That would be assuming they'd be starting production like right now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Hehe, that Dora trailer actually gave me Araña vibes at points. Particularly there' a part where she uses -I think- a yo-yo similarly to Anya's bolas. Wouldn't mind seeing the actress playing her. That would be assuming they'd be starting production like right now.
    She wouldn't be a bad pick at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Isabela Moner. And I can see why she was cast as Dora - she's actually a native Spanish speaker, English is a second language (incidentally, she was in Dora's second cartoon too, but as one of the aged up Dora's friends and not Dora herself). Of course, Anya would also speak both languages, so I can see why you're suggesting her. The problem is she's already 17, and if Anya was to appear in the MCU that would still be a few years away.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isabela Moner. And I can see why she was cast as Dora - she's actually a native Spanish speaker, English is a second language (incidentally, she was in Dora's second cartoon too, but as one of the aged up Dora's friends and not Dora herself). Of course, Anya would also speak both languages, so I can see why you're suggesting her. The problem is she's already 17, and if Anya was to appear in the MCU that would still be a few years away.
    Hmm, point, though if Tom Holland could pass for 15 years old in his early 20s . . .

Last week's Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Web Designers had a deceptive cover. It had Peter, Miles, Gwen and Anya on the cover but that was the extent of Anya's appearance in the issue. Miles only appeared in a Bugle cartoon, and Gwen on a colouring page. I hope people didn't buy that comic to see Spider-Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Last week's Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Web Designers had a deceptive cover. It had Peter, Miles, Gwen and Anya on the cover but that was the extent of Anya's appearance in the issue. Miles only appeared in a Bugle cartoon, and Gwen on a colouring page. I hope people didn't buy that comic to see Spider-Girl!
    Well, too late for me. I bought it thinking Anya was in it. Better luck next time, I guess.

Thanks for the wonderful article. However, has it ever been revealed how Anya's dad became such close friends with the Fantastic Four?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-19-2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful article. However, has it ever been revealed how Anya's dad became such close friends with the Fantastic Four?
    Same. Having read it, though, my one quibble was that the "villain" being separated from her daughter in Civil War, as witnessed by Anya and carried out by Carol Danvers, who might've been a tad excessive about it, was actually Julia Carpenter (wonder if she and Anya ever talked about that during or after Grim Hunt), formerly the second Spider-Woman and then calling herself Arachne, who had been secretly helping the anti-registration heroes, which was why she was being apprehended and separated from her daughter. Considering that in retrospect, the pro-registration "heroes" were on the wrong side of things, especially once someone like Norman Osborn basically conned his way into the top leadership position overseeing how the Superhero (or Superhuman) Registration Act was enforced . . .

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    He was one of the first reporters to put the F4 under the light of a family instead of a menace, and since then he became the "unofficial official" reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    He was one of the first reporters to put the F4 under the light of a family instead of a menace, and since then he became the "unofficial official" reporter.
    Thank you, Spider-Chan. Hard to believe something like this could've slipped my mind.