Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

oh jesus I recognize aoxm blob now the leather and the mustache aaaaaah god why

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

This is certainly... different, so far, compared to everything else we've gotten up 'til this point. The art's got style, I'll say that, but the colors seem faded, washed out. Like many, feel the best bit was between Iceman & Northstar, they feel very... yin & yang, in their interaction. Even here, Blob seems like as big a doofus as ever. I'm interested in seeing how the rest of the issue plays out, and if we get some wild curve balls, with how the tone & subject matter shifts. It should provide some pretty stark contrasting, that's hopefully more than a little disturbing. I wanna be left conflicted, somewhat confused, and with a sense of condemnation toward the main cast. What they're doin' is obviously not right, but why they're doin' it (and for how much longer), is where it should get sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ... The cookies thing? Mentioned in AoXM Alpha. ...
    Yeah, just what is up with these damn cookies. Is there somethin' in them, lol, that keeps everyone complacent?

I like the art even if it seems ill-suited to the team but...this is somehow the most not Chinese Jubilee has ever looked and that is an exceptional feat.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Funny that one one panel the artist remebers Northsatr has pointy ears and other he draws normal ears. Very inconsistent.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Funny that one one panel the artist remebers Northsatr has pointy ears and other he draws normal ears. Very inconsistent.
    but the mistake in drawing iceman is much worse, in a panel he has the apron, then he does not have the apron and reappears the apron just to remove it ahahha .... apron =)) Ok my bad he had the apron and then he took off it mmmmm the apron hypnotized me ... if you understood me
    Last edited by Regular man; 02-22-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Disappointed with the art.
    It doesn't look good and washed colors don't help either.

Eew at the art and colors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    but the mistake in drawing iceman is much worse, in a panel he has the apron, then he does not have the apron and reappears the apron just to remove it ahahha .... apron =)) Ok my bad he had the apron and then he took off it mmmmm the apron hypnotized me ... if you understood me
    Yeah, I thought it was a glaring error at first, also. But was happy to learn the on again/off again apron's eXplained, through the dialogue.

I knew I wasnt going to like the art. It's not bad. Just not the art I would have wanted for this team. Wish we go Pepe Larraz or Kim Jacinto. But anways.

At first I thought the cookie scene was annoying. And couldnt picture anyone finding that completely hilarious like Bobby did. But reading some of your perspectives eased my concerns.

Can't wait to see how she writes Betsy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The plot better be good cuz the art isn't as good as what we were getting so far (minus Marvelous which is good but stiff).

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I think that is particularly the art.

I enjoyed the Iceman and Northstar interaction.
    Yup.

"Do you hear yourself when you talk?"
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 02-22-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

That last panel in the kitchen scene makes it seem like Blob is disliked or feared by the rest of his team. They just suddenly go quiet when he shows up. He does seem pretty big on the team work thing, though. Who's a good slave to the system? Yes, you are, Freddie!

Anyway, the whole mundane/slice of life thing is what makes this extra creepy. We saw Blob locking the arm of a literal teenager two weeks ago, and before that, Moneta, Psylocke and Iceman just beating the snot out of Bishop. This actually sells the whole thing very well.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 02-22-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    The art is horrible. When did Blob become an X-Man and who the hell is Moneta?
    Blob isnt an X-man

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This isn't out of left field, though. The cookies thing? Mentioned in AoXM Alpha. I suspect what Williams is going for is mundane creepiness. These guys? They're a bunch of flatmates who go out and fundamentally destroy lives because it's their job. They're about to strip two people's existance away, and Northstar reacts with a level of annoyance fit for the neighbors' dog getting out again. And after they do this, they're likey going to go home and argue over the remote.

Just following orders and all that.
    Just like Nazis did following orders and doing their jobs. Of course this excuse didn't fly on nuremberg

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Personally the art is really jarring for me. The inconsistencies in the art from panel to panel bothers my eyes. So not a fan, other than Blob's stache. I'm here for that.

Dialogue I enjoyed Bobby and Jean-Paul's interaction. I agree that the tone feels like they are showing how behind closed doors this group can be funny and light-hearted but once in action they are all business and turn off their emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Unfortunately, it's a common issue with artists and Northstar.