Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ugh! The "Bendis-speak" is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    that first page was trash. not funny

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As "Master" Clown/Joker...I expect much better from Robert.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Honestly in 616, Jubes would've thrown some fireworks down Bobby's pants and saved us a few panels.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wow you’d think that you ran into the bizarro versions of this team compared to the militaristic assholes from Age of X-Man Alpha. I mean, baking cookies for the X-Men? Joking around? Fighting over who gets shotgun? It’s like day and night.
    They seem a lot less sinister in their comic compared to what little we've seen of them in the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    They seem a lot less sinister in their comic compared to what little we've seen of them in the other books.
    They seemed more interesting in the Alpha issue. I prefer them sinister and dangerous. I hope we see that in this mini as it would truly make them sadistic to have them flip up for business

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I'm super confused by the cookie sheet joke lol. A cookie sheet is obviously not the same thing as wax paper... is Bobby asking the question sarcastically as a joke? Wouldn't it make more sense if Jubilee had asked him the question and he found it funny because he thought they were the same thing? Or thought she was dumb for not knowing? I don't get it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    I'm super confused by the cookie sheet joke lol. A cookie sheet is obviously not the same thing as wax paper... is Bobby asking the question sarcastically as a joke? Wouldn't it make more sense if Jubilee had asked him the question and he found it funny because he thought they were the same thing? Or thought she was dumb for not knowing? I don't get it lol.
    I suspect Bobby is flat-out trolling and Jubes is rising to the bait.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    People keep saying this, but I think the point is that we're just seeing them at their lightest, sort of how they see themselves right now. It's going to get a lot darker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    The whole joke about 'is a cookie sheet the same as wax paper' feels like a metaphor for something that becomes relevant to the story later.

I couldn’t follow whatever joke was being made on the first page.

Wish the art was sexier
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 02-22-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Brian would never stop at six copy blocks for a joke beat.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That last panel in the kitchen scene makes it seem like Blob is disliked or feared by the rest of his team. They just suddenly go quiet when he shows up. He does seem pretty big on the team work thing, though. Who's a good slave to the system? Yes, you are, Freddie!
    He’s the boss, isn’t he? He comes across as the sort of manager who wants to be like friends with the staff, but they keep him at arm’s length because he’s the boss.

#BLOB4TEAMLEader
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I dont get the joke either.

What I'm taking away from this preview is that these people believe so wholeheartedly in the system that there will be a clear disconnect between how friendly and nice they all seem versus how they do their job. Sitcom in the sheets, Gestapo on the streets.

Yeah, I'll be picking this up too.