Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Zeus and Other Olympians As WW Enemies

I got this idea from the discussion in another thread about Zeus taking over as Diana's main Olympian enemy. As seen here,
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...91#post4213891

I figured it would be better to develop this conversation in a different thread.

As the representation of everything the Amazons hated about patriarchal societies, Zeus would make sense as an enemy to them. This would of course change the dynamic the Amazons have with the other gods but I do think that could be an interesting idea to go with.

Heracles already has a history of enmity with the DC Amazons going all the way back to the Marston run. Zeus might represent patriarchal toxicity but Heracles is the more personal enemy of the Amazons and the one whose very name brings fear and hatred to their hearts because of what he has done to them.

Poseidon is angry and powerful, a really scary combination. In the myths, even Zeus has to watch his step around him.

Well Marston generally seems to have the Amazons be worshiping the female gods. Certain female gods like Hera would be nice to see her not toxic relationship with Zeus. If they were any male gods maybe Hades and Hephaestus

In the Golden Age, the gods would sometimes fight WW or set up others to fight her, give her tests to overcome, etc.

Done right, it could be interesting to see Diana have a conversation with dear old dad and his life choices in a future issue.

Of course, that also brings Hippolyta into the picture too.

This why I prefer the clay origin best.

I see Zeus as more of an adversary than an enemy, in the sense that he’s a wildcard regarding his actions and whether they’re benevolent or capricious.

It’s interesting that the most we’ve seen of Zeus is usually in relation to Cassie, excluding a story early in the Perez run.

I wonder if Zeus and Heracles will be reborn in GWW’s run, like Ares and Aphrodite.

I agree with WonderScott. The gods are often fickle and capricious and are more of an adversary in a given story than an enemy. That way, later they can be helpful too!

I'm curious who should be the main gods of the Amazons? I often also see that has interesting. I mean what if the Amazons are also strong is because Gods like Athena have not only trained the amazons but also ever so often issued a challenged. She doesn't killed any of them but test to see how far they have come. Maybe that's how they pick their queen. One who can take down Athena