Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Jed Mackay and Travel Foreman's Black Cat ongoing series announced

Felicia is getting an ongoing!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...vel-comicspro/

Creative team is Jed Mackay and Travel Foreman, look for it in June solicitations

BANNED

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...series-marvel/

“The Black Cat is back and starring in her first ever ongoing series! Felicia Hardy has a taste for the finer things in life and a certain set of skills that can get her into any mansion, vault or museum to… procure said finer things. But due to her actions in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, Felicia’s not only on the run from the police but also by the New York Theives’ Guild and their boss ODESSA DRAKE! High octane heists, climactic chases and twist after twist that will keep you on the edge of your seat like a cat on a perch. IN THIS ISSUE- Find out a secret from Cat’s past in a bonus story that sets a foundation for the future! All this and an all new MARVEL MEOW short story by Nao Fuji!”

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Felicia is getting an ongoing!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...vel-comicspro/

Creative team is Jed Mackay and Travel Foreman, look for it in June solicitations
    Dont know anything about the writers but I hope they treat her well and have a good run too

If I'm correct, this is her first ongoing series right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If I'm correct, this is her first ongoing series right?
    Ongoing yes, she had a limited series in the 90s

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I guess Marvel were impressed with DC's Catwoman then. Felicia has a lot in common with Selina.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Though they're not the same character I wish Felicia well in her series and Campbell certainly does draw her well imho

Spectacular Member

I've been wanting this for so long, but this is probably the perfect time for this to launch. Please let this be good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ongoing yes, she had a limited series in the 90s
    There was another series as well. It was published in 2010 I think. About the same time Grim Hunt was running in Amazing.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I think that J Scott Campbell cover is pretty weak as far as promo art goes, but the team sounds strong.

I just want something on the level of the miniseries that Van Meter and Pulido did. I go back to that all the time, it was really entertaining.

I wonder if they'll remember she actually killed and maimed people during her time as a crime lord.

I hope that they do address that, if only for it having the potential for good stories and character development. Wouldn't blame them if they just sweep it under the rug though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I wonder if they'll remember she actually killed and maimed people during her time as a crime lord.
    I'm going to guess they will probably sweep a lot of the really dark stuff she did under the rug. I do hope though that at least part of the run is her having to face some of the people she wronged during her crime boss run.

Great news! Jed MacKay is a cool up-and-coming writer - his Man Without Fear Daredevil mini was really excellent, his work with Spider-Punk was righteous and the digital-first Daughters of the Dragon mini was loads of fun. He has a real flair for character voices so I'm sure his Felicia will be engaging and entertaining.