Thread: The Imperfects

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default The Imperfects

Just had a flashback to several years ago and the Marvel The Imperfects game, and a tie in comic or something that came with it?

Does anyone remember this? I remember actually really liking the members of the team. Are they around or have they been forgotten about?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they haven't shown up outside of the game or its tie-in comic book. Electronic Arts presumably has more ownership over the Imperfects than Marvel does, and I don't think either are interested in doing anything with the characters.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

The have been forgotten about. Nobody liked the game and most people hated the character designs for them.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I sort of remember liking the frankenstein type one, made out of soldiers?

iMan 42s

So that had to do with a partnership they had with EA which apparently ended in 2006 due to Marvel Nemesis failing.

The Imperfects while created by EA, it's unclear if they are owned by EA considering they had been made for a Marvel product. However Hazmat did show up in "Last gun on Earth" (2010) in a cameo meant for the other Hazmat and they just left him in. So at the very least Hazmat is owned by Marvel considering EA didn't sue them. So yeah Hazmat unintentionally made a cameo 5 years later.

Marvel probably does own them (at least Hazmat) in a situation similar to the Spider-man:Unlimited costume if only to hang onto the rights to things they might want to use later and protect I.P. Marvel likely just doesn't use them considering how Marvel Nemesis didn't work out.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.