All-New Member

Default This massive marvel reading list.

Here's the link, I'm sure most of you are aware of it though. https://comicbookreadingorders.com/m...-order-part-1/

Now it starts with a young thor, which I think is a good idea chronologically, but I feel like they're skipping some older material on the galactic end of the marvel universe. Publication year isnt that big of a deal, but more so the chronological order of things.

That's an interesting and ambitious project.
    As a fan of Marvel lore, I have a huge respect for those who try to put together those lists (as well as sites like Megamonkey that use publishing year classification).

I can't figure either any series (not counting ongoings with flashback issues like current Avengers) that happen before Son of Asgard.

Between Son of Asgard and Origins, there is at least the Apocalypse origins mini.
    Then there is also all the Western stories.
    Mistery Men happens before WWII.

I wonder where Conan would fit in all of that.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 02-26-2019 at 12:45 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

There is a bit missing about the original Human Torch and Submariner. There could be inclusions of teen Namor.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I assume this is just excluding the Golden Age outright?

They seem to be missing a lot of Silver Age WW2-set material (early Cap, The Invaders, Sgt. Fury).

I think the biggest issue with these timelines, like you see with the MCP and Supermegamonkey, is that accounting for single-issue and intra-issue flashbacks gets to be a bit of a headache. Not to mention Marvel’s perferred format of origin miniseries lately, where half of each issue takes place in the past and half in the current day.

Edit: I realize I didn’t get what this was going for and that it’s more of a recommended list with a prescribed chronological order. That’s pretty cool, actually.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 02-26-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain July View Post
    Here's the link, I'm sure most of you are aware of it though. https://comicbookreadingorders.com/m...-order-part-1/

Now it starts with a young thor, which I think is a good idea chronologically, but I feel like they're skipping some older material on the galactic end of the marvel universe. Publication year isnt that big of a deal, but more so the chronological order of things.
    I always go to the Complete Marvel Reading Order site for my Reading Orders. Always nice to have another though.

http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/forum...dea73191327ea4