View Poll Results: Do you think Carol Is Earth's Mightiest Hero?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 21.05%
  • No

60 78.95%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The Hulk would squash her like a bug! He just beat her whole Avengers team up.
    Pfft... talk me after Hulk goes up against Carol in Binary Mode

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Pfft... talk me after Hulk goes up against Carol in Binary Mode
    jeez stop lol
    anyway the matchup would go like this: hulk is too strong for binary (she's a bit below thor, and this dude just got his skull cracked), but since the new hulk has a weakness for solar radiation and binary could control and project EM radiation across the board by virtue of having the power of a star, she sorta wins in a cheap way

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Who else is mightier?

The only other person who is even close is ant-man.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    jeez stop lol
    anyway the matchup would go like this: hulk is too strong for binary (she's a bit below thor, and this dude just got his skull cracked), but since the new hulk has a weakness for solar radiation and binary could control and project EM radiation across the board by virtue of having the power of a star, she sorta wins in a cheap way
    Hulk's strength is irrelevant, because he can't fly. Carol should be able to easily blast him from out of his range.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's a tag line for the Movie...and I really need to see her go against Thor to make me think she the "Mightiest"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    She's not even close. She's not even the best Captain Marvel - Monica wore it better.
    I like the way you shade...lol

And no she is not...Thor, Monica, Sentry, Sersi, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Blue Marvel and probably other Avengers I've forgot are more powerful then Carol. Though, Carol is easily in the "Top 10 Most Powerful Avengers"...which I might start a thread on.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hulk's strength is irrelevant, because he can't fly. Carol should be able to easily blast him from out of his range.
    Hulk will just throw buildings at her. Plus his hands claps generate conclusive force blasts. If he gets close enough his bad breath should be the icing on the cake. I'm pretty sure the Hulk has never brushed his teeth.

Astonishing Member

Trying to think of unreal powers from an internal logic comparison here, difficult and pointless as that might be

I'm looking at her at her strongest binary mode and comparison against others strongest forms of other heroes

I'd say she's definitely top ten, but not top five

My top five or so would be

Sentry, Adam brashir, Wanda, Dr strange, spectrum, Hulk, jean

I've not included Franklin, nor any that I don't think count as earthers like Thor, surfer etc

And there's probably a good few X-Men I haven't thought of at all

At her best she's world class powerful but I see a good few besting her
    Last edited by kilderkin; 02-23-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    here's the thing if people actually thought this was simply hyperbole all responses to the poll would have been "no." There is clearly some who do not see this as you do and take it literally.
    I voted yes because the question seems like a loaded question and I wanted to be contrarian.

That being said, if we're talking about Carol in her Binary form, she's certainly close. It honestly depends on what you mean by "Earth's."
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I voted yes because the question seems like a loaded question and I wanted to be contrarian.

That being said, if we're talking about Carol in her Binary form, she's certainly close. It honestly depends on what you mean by "Earth's."
    Yeah, she was right up there with a herald imo in that form, but not top level herald like surfer, more a terrax as iirc she couldn't sustain the output for as long as say surfer

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is The Mighty Thor still a thing?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No.

It's The Jobber Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No since he's getting beat up by everyone these days. Juggernaut, Hulk, Winter Guard, Namor's swim team just to name a few. Ant-Man moved ahead of Thor in the rankings.

I voted "no" because of two things:

1- I hate these lists of characters ranked by who's the strongest, the mightiest, the smartest or the most powerful. It accomplishes nothing but pinning characters and their fans against each other. I don't really care who's the strongest or the mightiest or the fastest. These "contests" never end well, and besides it can be pretty subjective at times (like when a writer claims a character who has done close to nothing is suddenly the best out there... )

2- I think the hype that they're trying to set for the movie is getting a bit out of hand. Carol is a great character for a lot of people, but by doing things like proclaiming her "Earth's mightiest hero" when she has yet to make her debut appearance in the MCU is only going to turn away people who have been invested and care about all the other heroes in the MCU for the last ten years.

So all in all, I too don't see much good come out of this thread
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    jeez stop lol
    In Binary Mode Carol has enough output to reignite the sun... she could simply blow up the planet Hulk's standing on...

Mighty Member

She's Earth's mightiest hero as much as Iron Fist is immortal.