Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I never read the comics as a kid, but had some of the figures and toys back in the 70's (along with another great toyline called Shogun Warriors).
    Marvel had a Shogun Warriors series back in the late 70's that lasted 20 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Marvel had a Shogun Warriors series back in the late 70's that lasted 20 issues.
    Yep.. I remember that one too. I used to have battles with my Shogun Warriors and Micronauts figures! Also, being in scale with Star Wars toys, the Micronauts frequently teamed up with Luke and the Rebels!!

I always wanted Baron Karza (Micronauts) and that large Godzilla from Shogun Warriors. Santa never brought them to me though....

The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar

Micronauts #4 Apr 1979
    "A Hunting We Will Go!"
    Baron Karza's Dog Soldiers uncover a rebel cell and open fire. They're looking for a resistance leader named Slug.
    The unfortunate casualties of this raid will go into the Body Banks so that other, more fortunate, citizens can live longer, healthier lives.
    The survivors are herded up to the surface of Homeworld and to the Body Banks, where Karza himself screens them.
    A man breaks out of the crowd and confesses to being Slug;
    Karza's fist shoots from his arm and chokes him. The real Slug, a woman, watches helplessly.

Meanwhile, the Microns have their own problems. Princess Mari (Marionette) can't believe that Rann is letting Homeworld suffer;
    He points out that their ship is barely afloat and they're in another universe.

Ray Coffin, who has collected the debris from the Microns' battle with Shaitan in his backyard, heads for
    the Human Engineering Life Laboratories (HELL) at Cape Canaveral to meet a former astronaut and partner, Phillip Prometheus.

Bug hitches a ride, hoping to get enough parts to assemble a fighter and go home.

The Endeavor barely makes it back to the Coffin house to hunt for Bug, but he's not there.
    Shaitan does make it back to the Microverse, where an image of Karza greets him.

Because of Shaitan's failure to capture the Micronauts, Karza is revoking
    the thoughtwash of his people and sending him home to face the consequences.

Written by Bill Mantlo, with art by Michael Golden and Joe Rubinstein.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

Micronauts #5 May 1979
    "The Prometheus Pit!"
    The Microns use their Astro Station to follow Bug to the Human Engineering Life Laboratory (HELL) at Cape Canaveral.
    They can't fly over the electrified fence, so Acroyear uses the ejector tube and blithely rips a hole in the fence.
    They notice Muffin in the Coffin pickup truck. Marionette makes friends with her and rides along as she follows Steve's scent,
    straight into the building. The others find a vent, fly the Astro Station into it, and park in an air shaft.
    Rann takes a glider pack to find another entrance while Acroyear and Microtron look for Bug.

Back at the Coffins' house, Biotron is repairing the Endeavor.
    He needs a power source, so he extends his legs to reach the workbench.
    He fails to notice the cat, who in all the excitement has not been fed ....

Inside the lab, Bug watches as Phillip Prometheus takes Ray and Steve Coffin on a tour.
    To their amazement, he has other specimens from the Microverse.
    Because he collected them before the Spacewall was breached, they did not survive the trip.
    When Steve identifies them, Prometheus shakes him, desperate for more information.
    He explains that, during his last trip to Starlab, cosmic rays bombarded the space station and killed the rest of the crew.
    The medical systems he designed, though, replaced his damaged organs with bionic parts;
    he pulls off part of his face to show that much of his body is now metal and circuitry.
    He needs the technology of the Microverse to improve his systems, and he will do anything to get it.
    Ray realizes that Steve is in grave danger, and when a guard restrains him,
    Prometheus warns him that all the guards are robots of his own creation. Bug drops from the ceiling and attacks!

Back on Homeworld, the captured rebels, Slug among them, are herded by Dog Soldiers into the Body Banks for processing.
    Duchess Belladonna complains to Baron Karza that she's still waiting for her new body.
    Prince Argon, his upper body grafted onto a horse, suddenly blasts through a wall and attacks Karza.
    His shots bounce off Karza's force field, and he falls to Karza's eye blasts.
    Karza admits that he allowed Argon to escape so that he could demoralize the resistance. Slug protests, and Belladonna chooses her body.

Muffin and Marionette find Steve in the lab. Prometheus tilts the floor so that they
    and Bug start sliding into his Prometheus Pit, his portal to the Microverse.
    Acroyear arrives and tears up the robot holding Ray, while Microtron extends his arm to catch Steve.
    Freed, Ray grapples with Prometheus, and they topple into the pit!

The robots turn on the others, following their last order: "prepare to seize the Micronauts!"

Imperius Rex!

Micronauts #6 Jun 1979
    "The Great Escapes"
    Steve Coffin and the Microns flee Prometheus's lab with robots in hot pursuit. Microtron shorts out a fire door control and buys them some time.
    Commander Rann contacts Biotron, to see if he has repaired the Endeavor and can pick them up,
    but there's no answer—the Coffins' cat has cornered him. Steve barely bluffs his way past the guards at the entrance.
    They notice the little aliens following him, but at that moment the robots burst out with guns blazing.
    Colonel Macey, head of security, alerts the front gate to stop Steve, just as the Astro Station flies by him.
    Bug, not the best choice for pilot, crashes into the bed of the pickup truck, just before it crashes through the gate.

Ray Coffin and Phillip Prometheus find themselves falling through space in the Microverse.
    Ray begins to glow, tells Prometheus, "someone's calling me," and vanishes. A Time Traveller introduces himself to Ray,
    who has teleported to a different place. A probe detects Prometheus and heads for Homeworld.
    Instead of landing at Baron Karza's Body Banks, however, it goes to the Shadow Temple.
    Several hours later, the Shadow Priests tell Karza, who dispatches a fleet to investigate.
    Slug, the resistance leader, blasts a hole into Prince Argon's cell and frees him.

Steve and the Microns reach the Coffin home. When Steve opens the utility room door, the cat flies out.
    They find Biotron dusting his hands and ready to power up the ship. Steve plugs it in.
    The whole neighborhood goes dark, including Abner Jenkins next door, who was watching Donny and Marie.

The radar operators at Cape Canaveral pick up a blip as they did in issue #3 but decide to let Patrick AFB handle this one.
    Instead, the highway patrol wind up handling it, because security at the Cape put out an APB on the Coffin pickup.
    A few blasts from the Microns convince them to call off their pursuit.

They head for Ray's fishing cabin in the Everglades.
    Karza's fleet reaches Prometheus. The baron senses a kindred evil and begins laying his plans.

Imperius Rex!

Since IDW worked out a deal with Marvel to publish some Marvel comics for kids I am surprised they did not work out a deal to publish trades of Marvel's Micronauts series.

Micronauts #7 Jul 1979
    "Adventure into Fear!"
    Steve Coffin and the Microns have fled to his father's fishing cabin in the Everglades to regroup.
    Microtron, watching a television for news of Steve's father, Ray, finds an episode of Star Trek.
    Commander Rann, taking a nap in his hibernation capsule, groans.
    Princess Mari (Marionette) asks Biotron why he prefers to sleep there. Biotron refers her to a video screen that shows his dreams.

She sees Rann bidding farewell to his parents, the rulers of Homeworld, and setting off to explore the Microverse.
    Centuries later, his ship reached the Fringes, the outer limits of the universe.
    It accelerated beyond its tolerances, but for some reason it stayed in one piece.
    Three Time Travellers appeared and passed data to Rann through Biotron.
    Their main message, as far as Biotron could tell, was, "Welcome to the Enigma Force!" Rann screamed.
    From that time on, Rann and Biotron's telepathic link became permanent. Biotron, back in command of the ship, set a course for home.

Microtron gets a bulletin: a force field has sprung up around HELL at Cape Canaveral.
    Colonel Macey denies reports of miniature extraterrestrials (i.e. the Microns). No one mentions Ray Coffin.
    Steve grieves afresh, which draws a muck-encrusted monster from the swamp toward his pain.

Meanwhile, in the Microverse, mobile labs finish their analysis of Phillip Prometheus, an unwilling visitor from Earth.
    Baron Karza commands, "Prepare the subject for the mind-merge!" Back on Homeworld, Slug and Argon find a rebel cell.
    The rebels, already on the run, say, "No one escapes from the Body Banks!" and "It's a trap!"
    A Shadow Priest appears, however, and offers to conduct everyone to a place of safety where they can prepare for the "final battle."
    Elsewhere in space, a Time Traveller offers Ray Coffin the chance to become champion of Earth.

Overcome, Steve runs outside the cabin. Mari follows, spots the Man-Thing, and fires.

The rest join the attack, with no noticeable effect. Bug, pinned by Man-Thing's hand,
    panics and starts to cook in his shell because "whosoever knows fear, burns at the Man-Thing's touch".
    Muffin's bark calls Steve's attention to the swamp buggy moored at the dock.
    His fear replaced by determination, Steve jumps into the buggy and starts the engine.
    Man-Thing releases Bug to investigate this new emotion, courage. It plods forward—directly into the swamp buggy's giant fan.

Back at HELL, Karza climbs out of the Prometheus Pit.

Imperius Rex!