Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well...
    It's not him.

While Rex is at the battle of Endor the guy pictured isn't him. The reason Rex is present at all is because he happens to bear a resemblance to old man Rex. It does depict him present in the Galaxy of Adventures short (still not a film appearance) but films take precedent over what happens in the animated shorts and both are wearing different outfits. Nik Sant is still the Rebel trooper present, it's not Rex.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's not him.

While Rex is at the battle of Endor the guy pictured isn't him. The reason Rex is present at all is because he happens to bear a resemblance to old man Rex. It does depict him present in the Galaxy of Adventures short (still not a film appearance) but films take precedent over what happens in the animated shorts and both are wearing different outfits. Nik Sant is still the Rebel trooper present, it's not Rex.
    It can be Rex if you want it to be, and since its fun why not?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It can be Rex if you want it to be, and since its fun why not?
    As I understand it, Rex was canonically a participant in the Battle of Endor, but they've declined to officially decide if Sant's appearance has been retconned into Rex or if Rex was serving off camera.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Morrison is reportedly in Mandalorian season 2 but it's unclear whether it's Rex or Fett's voice...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Mara Jade. Then probably Thrawn. Then Rex.

Gotta give Star Wars credit, their EU(s) have come up with some really great characters that deserve to be talked about in the same breath as the film characters everyone loves.

I'm not sure Mara works anymore. Where they've taken Luke's story would make her such a different character I'm not sure it's worth it. I'll just revisit the original EU for my fix there. Although maybe some mad genius somewhere can find a way to make it work.

Thrawn would be awesome, but I just can't see it happening. Which makes me sad. But at least he got rescued and brought into Disney canon. Loved his Rebels appearances, and his new novels have been different, but quite intriguing.

Rex needs to find his way into some form of live action media, somewhere. Would love to see him in movies, but I'm fine in TV as well. He was easily my favorite Clone Wars cartoon character, even more so than Ahsoka. Hell, after Luke and Obi-wan he's probably my third favorite canon Star Wars character of all time. (Ulic Qel-Droma being non-canon, and all of Quinlan Vos' best stuff being jettisoned with the old EU.)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As I understand it, Rex was canonically a participant in the Battle of Endor, but they've declined to officially decide if Sant's appearance has been retconned into Rex or if Rex was serving off camera.
    This. Dave Filoni is on record saying that he originally was going to make "Nic Sant" turn out to be Rex. But then he felt bad that somebody somewhere might have some cool personal story for the character and would feel robbed of that. So instead he left it alone. Rex WAS 100% at Endor, that's a certainty. But if you don't want him to be the character from ROTJ, then he isn't. And if you want him to be the character from ROTJ, then he totally can be.

At least for now, unless some other story decides to get more specific, they've left it open enough that everyone can have it both ways. Which, when you get right down to it, was probably the best way for them to handle the situation.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 10-17-2020 at 10:25 PM.

iMan 42s

Darth Krayt is one I like and is definitely unique for a bad guy. Not sure how they'd bring him back but you could get a whole trilogy out of this guy falling to the darkside and getting his comeuppance. It probably would be a story as involved as the legends version is but Disney's got a good blueprint.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Could work. The Disney canon has basically brought back the Vong-who played a role in Krayt's origins-with the villains in the new Thrawn novels known as the Grysk, although the weirder and more disturbing aspects of the Vong are gone (although they still shoot insects which can trap people) but the whole "mysterious alien Empire that could invade the whole galaxy" angle is still there.

Or even put him in a different era like High Republic, although his awkward relationship with Anakin during the Clone Wars would be lost.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Mara Jade. Then probably Thrawn. Then Rex.

Gotta give Star Wars credit, their EU(s) have come up with some really great characters that deserve to be talked about in the same breath as the film characters everyone loves.

I'm not sure Mara works anymore. Where they've taken Luke's story would make her such a different character I'm not sure it's worth it. I'll just revisit the original EU for my fix there. Although maybe some mad genius somewhere can find a way to make it work.

Thrawn would be awesome, but I just can't see it happening. Which makes me sad. But at least he got rescued and brought into Disney canon. Loved his Rebels appearances, and his new novels have been different, but quite intriguing.

Rex needs to find his way into some form of live action media, somewhere. Would love to see him in movies, but I'm fine in TV as well. He was easily my favorite Clone Wars cartoon character, even more so than Ahsoka. Hell, after Luke and Obi-wan he's probably my third favorite canon Star Wars character of all time. (Ulic Qel-Droma being non-canon, and all of Quinlan Vos' best stuff being jettisoned with the old EU.)

This. Dave Filoni is on record saying that he originally was going to make "Nic Sant" turn out to be Rex. But then he felt bad that somebody somewhere might have some cool personal story for the character and would feel robbed of that. So instead he left it alone. Rex WAS 100% at Endor, that's a certainty. But if you don't want him to be the character from ROTJ, then he isn't. And if you want him to be the character from ROTJ, then he totally can be.

At least for now, unless some other story decides to get more specific, they've left it open enough that everyone can have it both ways. Which, when you get right down to it, was probably the best way for them to handle the situation.
    I can't think of anyway Mara's story could work unless she was dead. Mara wouldn't have let someone like Snoke influence her nephew. She'd hop in an X-wing and look for a way to beat him.