Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    No contest, it's Jaxxon.
    It's funny Lucas suposedly hated the idea of Jax, yet two decades later brought out Jar-Jar?
    pretty much Jaxxon and Don-Wan [Qui]Kioti became Jarjar and Qui-Gon.

LOL! The whole Star Hoppers cast should return.
    Pretty much after Splinter they were actually the first official Expanded Universe tale. back then if you wanted to keep seeing more Star Wars that's all there was, ...It all began there.
    The first Lucas + Marvel (now both owned by Disney) story collaboration.
    This is 1977 where, and how both those creative universes first came together, and what they put forth. Pretty much another spin on Kurosawa in space LOL!:
    Disney should embrace that, and re-launch them into their own Movie and/or Animated series franchise.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-03-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Mara Jade, Thrawn, Prince Xisor, Muuurgh, Corran Horn, Bror Jace ... recently Ahsoka, Ventress, Sabine, Evaan, and even more recently Doctor Aphra and her cast of crazy-ass droids, Triple Zero and BT-1.

I would watch a Doctor Aphra or Mara Jade solo movie once-a-week for a year.

If I can only have one ... ARGH ... Doctor Aphra because she's new and different. Evil Space Indiana Jones and Her Motley Crew would be amazing on celluloid!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's kind of interesting that the post-movie issues of Star Wars largely didn't deal with the Empire at all, as it was still unsure what direction the story would go-so they don't show up until the Wheel storyline (The Wheel itself has been used by Disney, although in the non-canon LEGO stuff).

A version of the Cloud Riders did show up in SOLO, confirmed by the Kasdans that it was inspired by those Marvel issues.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A version of the Cloud Riders did show up in SOLO, confirmed by the Kasdans that it was inspired by those Marvel issues.
    LOL really!? Although I knew they were familiar, didn't realize they were knowingly inspired by Serji-X Arrogantus' Cloud Riders. We're they actually called Cloud Riders on film.

Now I wish they had let Benicio Del Toro play Serji-X Arrogantus
    Would have been a much better character than DJ.

Also a loving caricature of the very mustachioed comic legend Sergio Aragones. Placed hysterically in the role of the analogous Magnificent 7's Calvera.

Which to my fellow Estar Guars fans(I know you are out there) Jimmy Smits, Óscar Isaac Hernández, Diego Luna and Del Torro aside, makes him the actual first(1977) Latino in Star Wars.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-02-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Amazing Member

The female redhead that appears on standard print books who uses a saber. I admit I do not know her name.
    RayField Adam Clement
    aka "King Grinch"

Jaxxon for certain but hands down Valance the Hunter. Star Wars _16 - Valance.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Not sure if they count anymore? Although they started in the the Dark Force game series Anyone else feel the (merc. turned Rebel)Kyle Katarn & Jan Ors(inelegance operative), pretty much became Cassian Andor & Jyne Erso (roles flipped).

Game synops: Kyle Katarn Mercenary who regularly worked for the Rebel Alliance and Inelegance Operative Jan Ors, secretly dispatched by Mon Mothma on missions deemed too dangerous or sensitive for actual Rebel operatives.
    Game begins shortly before the events of A New Hope, with Kyle Katarn & partner Jan Ors infiltrating an Imperial facility on the planet Danuta to retrieve the plans for the first Death Star.
    Plans that would eventually be forwarded to Princess Leia...

Kyle has some similarities to Finn too. Although it's not covered that much in the games, he's a former Stormtrooper who eventually becomes disillusioned with the Empire. Jedi Knight also deals with a map to an ancient Jedi battleground, a little bit like TFA.

However Kyle's eventual fate is a bit different, he becomes a Jedi Knight and later Master, although he takes a brief break in the game "Jedi Outcast".

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    It's funny Lucas suposedly hated the idea of Jax, yet two decades later brought out Jar-Jar?
    pretty much Jaxxon and Don-Wan [Qui]Kioti became Jarjar and Qui-Gon.

LOL! The whole Star Hoppers cast should return.
    Pretty much after Splinter they were actually the first official Expanded Universe tale. back then if you wanted to keep seeing more Star Wars that's all there was, ...It all began there.
    The first Lucas + Marvel (now both owned by Disney) story collaboration.
    This is 1977 where, and how both those creative universes first came together, and what they put forth. Pretty much another spin on Kurosawa in space LOL!:
    Disney should embrace that, and re-launch them into their own Movie and/or Animated series franchise.
    Jaxxxon is competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Jaxxxon is competent.
    And Qui-Gon wasn't crazy. So what's your point?
    Lucas' objection wasn't that Jaxxon was competent or not, but that he was too much of a silly cartoon caricature.
    Point was; Yet Lucas still then trotted out Jar-Jar (based among other things the cartoony Goofy)
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-03-2020 at 07:09 AM.

No contest, it's Jaxxon.
    Well he did get his on show.

I would like to see some of the marvel comics 80s cast in live action.

she replaced vader! (and worse was one of lukes friends and pilots!)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Lumiya of course had a big role in the Legacy of the Force novels, where she turned Jacen Solo to the dark side.

For me its Mara and I don't even have to think about it. Second is Thrawn, third is Ahsoka.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Exar Kun is mine only because I so enjoyed his character in the Dark Horse comics I always wanted more. Never played the video games where I have heard he appears but I doubt he could have been as enjoyable as he was in Freedom Nadd , Dark Lords and the Sith and the Sith War.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Exar Kun is mine only because I so enjoyed his character in the Dark Horse comics I always wanted more. Never played the video games where I have heard he appears but I doubt he could have been as enjoyable as he was in Freedom Nadd , Dark Lords and the Sith and the Sith War.
    I've liked what I've seen from Kun over the decades more than Plagius.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-28-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Any one that hasn't read his origin arcs in Dark Horse's Tales of the Jedi really should. It always felt to me like the way I wanted Vader's origin to read, much more than what we got from the prequel's. He wasn't one note, he was complex but he was in the end no doubt a Sith Lord, no quick out of the blue younglings slaughter here.