Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Even the most hardcore of supporters can see the flames raging around them.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Even the most hardcore of supporters can see the flames raging around them.
    This meme seems to fit...lol...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    In retrospect, it was a fatal mistake not to include PVP.
    I remember when people on the reddit were so convinced that not having PvP meant the game was going to be absolutely packed with PvE content.

It was adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You did? I didn't even think you played it.
    I mentioned playing it several times in this very thread, but okay.

YongYea looks at articles concerning a possible overhaul of the game. Nicknaming it Anthem 2.0 or Anthem Next.

YongYea warns that Bioware best not try to attempt and charge people with this overhaul as many are already irked at what has happened the last year with the game.

Here is the Kotaku article...

https://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-p...hem-1839892415
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It will be quite the comeback story if Bioware can pull off a Final Fantasy XIV with Anthem.

megawin303

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It will be quite the comeback story if Bioware can pull off a Final Fantasy XIV with Anthem.
    That would be interesting to see. I clowned FFXIV relentlessly when it first came out but I have no idea how many hours I've put into the game since ARR. It can happen...

Hopefully Bioware actually learns from other games in the genre this time around. They don't need to copy them, but they do need to understand why certain things do and don't work. Comical lack of content aside, Anthem felt like a looter shooter developed by people who had never actually played a looter shooter before.

Extraordinary Member

So I guess all that stuff about 3 ppl working on anthem. And it could get shut off at any moment stuff was just BS. Why am I not surprised.

Many of the details are still in flux, and there’s no clear timeline for the Anthem Next project just yet. In fact, from what I’ve heard, the developers at BioWare haven’t even decided how it’ll be distributed. They’re still figuring out whether updates should be released all at once or over an extended period of time. Anthem could be overhauled through a series of updates, a la No Man’s Sky, it could get a game-changing expansion like Destiny’s critically acclaimed Taken King. Most of Anthem’s biggest systems—its mission structure, its loot, its world—will change drastically, but the developers have not yet figured out exactly what that will look like. They’re even considering releasing Anthem Next as a brand new game
    It's nice that they haven't given up on the game entirely, but f---ing LOL if anyone at Bioware or EA thinks they can get away with charging for this mess twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post

It's nice that they haven't given up on the game entirely, but f---ing LOL if anyone at Bioware or EA thinks they can get away with charging for this mess twice.

It would be like if Bethesda decided to do this with Fallout 76 and tried to hook people to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It would be like if Bethesda decided to do this with Fallout 76 and tried to hook people to buy it.
    Didn't they just do exactly that with their new paid monthly premium crap nonsense?

It was wild seeing Anthem get nominated and win a Game Award last night. I was sitting there stunned watching as they praised it during the Awards. I'm sure the faith of a lot of Anthem players were restored at them winning an Award last night.

-

-

-

-

-

- Ok I can't lie anymore. Anthem never even was nominated it appears for anything. In fact EA was more happy as Apex Legends won an award for its game. Even though they had little to do with it as Respawn was given big props for how they created it.

How bad is it for Anthem nearly a year in ?

Bioware has seemingly forgot to take down the Christmas decorations in game. Nearly 2 months after it.

Anthem didn't even get mentioned on the last investors call even though it's supposedly getting a complete overhaul, I'm assuming it's dead until I hear otherwise, the lead developers would assumedly be working on Dragonage 4 by now
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-09-2020 at 01:15 PM.

A year after it's release, No Man's Sky had 3 major content updates on it's way to it's 2.0 update. FFXIV was consistently dropping updates on it's way to 2.0, along with constant Letters from The Producer and forums where the devs would communicate with the players.

A year later and all Anthem has to show for it is radio silence, a roadmap that lead off a cliff and a handful of baby dick content updates. And some mystery 2.0 update that may or may not even still exist (if it ever existed to begin with).

Maybe they'll have something at E3, but who knows? Right now, it just seems like the lack of direction that was plaguing this game throughout it's development hasn't gotten any better.

EDIT: Bioware just dropped this. So it seems that a big update is indeed coming...eventually. Game's pretty much on maintenance mode for however long that takes.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 02-10-2020 at 11:37 AM.