Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When it comes to patches it's quite telling that Bioware acted quick to patch the bug that made getting loot rewarding while dragging their feet at fixing the other problems.

Extraordinary Member

Got my first MW item in freeplay the other day and actually got a MW ember after completing an event. Leveled up to epic Ranger and Storm. Interceptor's not far behind.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-12-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

YongYea details more comical moments from Bioware with Anthem as the company did a patch and comically removed content recently. As he brings up its almost silly for a loot based game to patch a game and ....remove loot .

No one likes pissing on their audience more than Bioware with this game it seems. Which is pretty funny to see done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Eh...the caches were redundant so they were removed. They really weren't giving anything that you couldn't get just doing missions,strongholds etc. So no there isn't less loot in the game now that they're removed. But someone like Yong a "gaming critic "who doesn't really play video games wouldn't know that. If anything there's more loot in the game than ever. I'm getting pretty good loot currently leveled up 3 times in 5 days. But hey ppl wanna take their news from "journalists" who don't have the research skills of freshman high school students that's on them.

Yong Yea isn't a critic he's a fan. The guy has no pull or connections whatever. He's discussing things he's seeing for himself in the game's subreddit. I been to that subreddit myself and there's nonstop bitching in there from people who continue to torture themselves playing this game.

At this point honestly the game is a dismal failure. The sales was nowhere what EA wanted , the developers on the game are all jumping ship to Dragon Age 4 , non-critics themselves are calling the game out for its failure , Bioware refuses to do a patch to help increase loot and instead does this one. Its like some stupid idiot is watching the anger and thinking ....how can we piss away more of this audience ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Communication has been a failure too. When the stream to show off cataclysm got delayed they chose not to communicate the information in any other way. A Reddit post, announcement on their site, something to get that information out there would have better than waiting a week for them to sort out their technical difficulties. When the stream does happen the devs get annoyed the fans are asking questions they don't want to answer and get hostile. Bioware has **** the bed on every angle with this game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yong Yea isn't a critic he's a fan. The guy has no pull or connections whatever. He's discussing things he's seeing for himself in the game's subreddit. I been to that subreddit myself and there's nonstop bitching in there from people who continue to torture themselves playing this game.
    If he's a fan where's his clips of him just playing games for fun? Cuz all I see is "news","reviews" and hit pieces. If he has no connections then why are gaming companies sending him free games to review? And he's got a bunch of interviews with industry insiders-yeah you need connections for that. I see some problems but my overall experience with this game has been positive.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-16-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    If he's a fan where's his clips of him just playing games for fun? Cuz all I see is "news","reviews" and hit pieces. If he has no connections then why are gaming companies sending him free games to review? And he's got a bunch of interviews with industry insiders-yeah you need connections for that. I see some problems but my overall experience with this game has been positive.
    What interviews? The closest thing to an interview he had is the discussion he had with Kotaku's investigative journalist.

He doesn't need connections to get review copies. He has a successful channel and that's enough for most. The guy got a care package from Bethesda he wasn't aware was for him for a week.

Your positive experience isn't shared by most playing the game. Anthem subreddit is filled with angry players who lost confidence in Bioware being able to save the game.

Extraordinary Member

What interviews? The closest thing to an interview he had is the discussion he had with Kotaku's investigative journalist.

He doesn't need connections to get review copies. He has a successful channel and that's enough for most. The guy got a care package from Bethesda he wasn't aware was for him for a week.

Your positive experience isn't shared by most playing the game. Anthem subreddit is filled with angry players who lost confidence in Bioware being able to save the game.
    Dude he's got a whole section of interviews on his channel.

Dude he's got a whole section of interviews on his channel.
    All those interviews are with voice actors. Something he has a passion for and an industry he's trying to break into.

All those interviews are with voice actors. Something he has a passion for and an industry he's trying to break into.
    He just announced he's going to LA in the latest video to do that.

Extraordinary Member

Okay we went from "What interviews?" to all those voice actor interviews lol.

Okay we went from "What interviews?" to all those voice actor interviews lol.
    It still doesn't make him a video game critic beyond being a fan who runs a site and discusses the game . And as a fan he laid out basically the issues with the game and why Bioware and EA are being idiots. You threw salt earlier at Ubisoft for Division 2 issues. Except as one update showed they actually listened to their community about something and did that. Thus far this company continues to ignore issues and throw out things like we saw days ago.

I'm not fan of Ubisoft but they do these type of games a lot better than their AAA competitors. They stuck with Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor even at points where other companies would have cut their losses and those games managed to bounce back.