Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Extraordinary Member

Default Anthem Gameplay

Despite idiot youtubers and EA haters trashing the game before it's official launch. The game is great.

Man, downloaded a 10 gigas patch today. (PS4)

10!!

1.03 or something. But yeah, as i said in an another thread, i'm enjoying that game fine.

And besides the good gameplay i really like the characters in the city and the world.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 02-23-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Man, downloaded a 10 gigas patch today. (PS4)

10!!

1.03 or something. But yeah, as i said in an another thread, i'm enjoying that game fine.

And besides the good gameplay i really like the characters in the city and the world.
    Yeah man! I'm not even into rpgs like that but I'm really enjoying it. Glad to be getting some really good 3p shooters and I agree with the open world/city and chars.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What makes it great? I've seen videos and streams of it and it looks like a very boring game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What makes it great? I've seen videos and streams of it and it looks like a very boring game.
    Ah I guess it depends on what you like. What games do you consider exciting?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ah I guess it depends on what you like. What games do you consider exciting?
    Not having repetitive missions for one thing. I saw too many "fly here, clear wave of enemies, fly to next location, clear more enemies." That will get boring quick once the honeymoon phase with the gameplay is over. The free mode isn't rewarding if you like to explore. Lore is only good if your invested in it, I haven't looked into collectibles to know if they are worth anything.

Extraordinary Member

Not having repetitive missions for one thing. I saw too many "fly here, clear wave of enemies, fly to next location, clear more enemies." That will get boring quick once the honeymoon phase with the gameplay is over. The free mode isn't rewarding if you like to explore. Lore is only good if your invested in it, I haven't looked into collectibles to know if they are worth anything.
    Eh lots of games have repetitive missions. I guess there could be a little more variation but the gameplay is pretty good. For me that's what's most important I can fly around for hrs shooting **** up that's fun to me. And more content is definitely coming the game has only been out a week. As for exploring I really like the open world. The online mode for this is definitely better than RDR2 and you don't have to worry about getting griefed by a bunch of lames either.

Not having repetitive missions for one thing. I saw too many "fly here, clear wave of enemies, fly to next location, clear more enemies."
    You just described every single MMO ever made.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The comical aspect is , the reviewers just spoke the truth about the game they were literally playing. Only one reviewer it appears gave it above a 80 rating. The rest of reviews from IGN to others ranked it around a mid 60's out of 100. Its not reviewers fault the game is literal ****. Its like telling people to enjoy something and mocking them once they do give an honest view of it.

No one likes EA due to reasons we already know. But more are worried this **** game could end Bioware since the company has struggled the last couple years due to Andromeda and now this one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The comical aspect is , the reviewers just spoke the truth about the game they were literally playing. Only one reviewer it appears gave it above a 80 rating. The rest of reviews from IGN to others ranked it around a mid 60's out of 100. Its not reviewers fault the game is literal ****. Its like telling people to enjoy something and mocking them once they do give an honest view of it.

No one likes EA due to reasons we already know. But more are worried this **** game could end Bioware since the company has struggled the last couple years due to Andromeda and now this one.
    The game isn't "literal ****" lol. And yeah those guys were reviewing the early access game complaining about insane loading times and glitches,bugs-none of those things are an issue since the official release which was 2 days ago.

So yeah it was some bullshit. As is the EA hate with these so-called gamers talking about microtransactions and pay to win on BF2 which don't even exist. Sometimes I gotta wonder if some of these guys even play games or just go by what they hear on reddit. Gamers just ain't too bright.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-24-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    You just described every single MMO ever made.
    MMOs got more mission variety than what I've seen out of Anthem thus far. Some fetch, gathering and crafting missions would look great right now.

The game isn't "literal ****" lol. And yeah those guys were reviewing the early access game complaining about insane loading times and glitches,bugs-none of those things are an issue since the official release which was 2 days ago.
    2 days ago was not the official release. The 15th was the official release as that's when people could get access to the full game. It's one of the "perks" of signing up to EA's subscription service. The 22nd is when everyone else was able to get it. It's fair game to criticize those things on it's actual release date.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-24-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

MMOs got more mission variety than what I've seen out of Anthem thus far. Some fetch, gathering and crafting missions would look great right now.

2 days ago was not the official release. The 15th was the official release as that's when people could get access to the full game. It's one of the "perks" of signing up to EA's subscription service. The 22nd is when everyone else was able to get it. It's fair game to criticize those things on it's actual release date.
    Maybe I'm just oldschool but I consider the full launch date to be the official release. But I guess it's arguable, still doesn't warrant the venom for a game not even on console yet imo. And yes a lot of these reviewers are just bias. Like serioulsy rockstar was charging 20$ for a videogame horse and **** like that and all you heard was ppl making excuses. So now you got ppl who don't even play the this game griping about issues that don't even exist. I can't take bias reviewers seriously they seem to have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Maybe I'm just oldschool but I consider the full launch date to be the official release. But I guess it's arguable, still doesn't warrant the venom for a game not even on console yet imo. And yes a lot of these reviewers are just bias. Like serioulsy rockstar was charging 20$ for a videogame horse and **** like that and all you heard was ppl making excuses. So now you got ppl who don't even play the this game griping about issues that don't even exist. I can't take bias reviewers seriously they seem to have an agenda.
    The launch dates is going to be another way publishers will try to nickel and dime people. They will try to monetize people need to be update or whatever.

I feel it does warrant the venom. The game is officially out and those are the problems that plague it. Those issues due exist as there's an overwhelming amount of video showing it. The load times are brutal, the tomb mission is a piece of crap, endgame is nothing to write home about. If they get sorted out there's a chance it could bounce back. Destiny 2 was in the same boat until forsaken managed to right the ship

Extraordinary Member

The launch dates is going to be another way publishers will try to nickel and dime people. They will try to monetize people need to be update or whatever.

I feel it does warrant the venom. The game is officially out and those are the problems that plague it. Those issues due exist as there's an overwhelming amount of video showing it. The load times are brutal, the tomb mission is a piece of crap, endgame is nothing to write home about. If they get sorted out there's a chance it could bounce back. Destiny 2 was in the same boat until forsaken managed to right the ship
    Dude No those aren't the problems that plague it and those issues don't exist lol. I've played for hours no bugs,no insane load times. And guess what? there was an update just yesterday and it wasn't monetized-why would it be?. But this is what I'm talking about you're going off of what you've got from youtube and it's bullshit. And wtf is endgame content anyway? How much do you expect to get out of a game that's finished. Like I said bullshit.