Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In a sign that all is not well at EA , the company has announced layoffs effecting 350 employees. This is seemingly after the terrible response to Anthem and Battlefield V launches the last 6 months.

To be fair, EA is run by sociopaths who know and care absolutely nothing about either video games or economics beyond "money now," so they could be doing just fine and still decided to fire 350 people so they could use the money they saved on those salaries to buy meth, which they plan to subsequently repackage and sell as "Gamer Sprinkles."
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-28-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

EA projected for this game to sell $6 million copies by the end of the end of March. I can't see it reaching that number with all the problems it had from day one.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, EA is run by sociopaths who know and care absolutely nothing about either video games or economics beyond "money now," so they could be doing just fine and still decided to fire 350 people so they could use the money they saved on those salaries to buy meth, which they plan to subsequently repackage and sell as "Gamer Sprinkles."
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    EA projected for this game to sell $6 million copies by the end of the end of March. I can't see it reaching that number with all the problems it had from day one.

EA also wanted Battlefield V to sell 10+ million copies and watched as it failed to them with 7+ million copies. Its said that the game was rushed out not complete with its Battle Royale mode comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

EA also wanted Battlefield V to sell 10+ million copies and watched as it failed to them with 7+ million copies. Its said that the game was rushed out not complete with its Battle Royale mode comically.
    They blamed the fact it didn't ship with the battle royale mode for the game flopping. The game's marketing and PR did more to harm the game then it missing a mode.

Angry Joe does a great take on the Kotaku research on why Anthem failed

Seeing that video was painful. 6 years of pre-production and only 16 months of real development. No wonder the game has nothing to offer.

The Frostbite engine may go down as one of the biggest boondoggle decisions in gaming history

The fact that Bioware's leadership was unwilling to discuss, and learn from, what other games in the genre have done answers SO many questions about Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The Frostbite engine may go down as one of the biggest boondoggle decisions in gaming history
    Frostbite is great at what it was designed to do. Why EA keeps trying to push it on games it was never designed to handle is anyone's guess.

ItsAGundham (who can be funny at times) detailed Bioware's basic leadership was essentially saying repeatedly whenever issues came up ..."Were Bioware ...look we got this.." And each time they didn't comically. **** it were Bioware. Of course as someone pointed out (no clue who did video wise) this isn't the same Bioware. A good bit of that team left.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

ItsAGundham (who can be funny at times) detailed Bioware's basic leadership was essentially saying repeatedly whenever issues came up ..."Were Bioware ...look we got this.." And each time they didn't comically. **** it were Bioware. Of course as someone pointed out (no clue who did video wise) this isn't the same Bioware. A good bit of that team left.
    The Kotaku article seems to imply that David Gaider left Bioware over Anthem.

I guess we'll see, but Anthem may have screwed up the Dragon Age franchise now.

Apparently Bioware Austin is taking over the development of Anthem.

Bioware is in free fall it appears and Anthem is basically have started delaying the long hyped "ROAD MAP". Also on a live stream Bioware is now calling the actual game they released "early access".

It gets worse for Anthem as now players are complaining of empty lobbies due to players dropping off. Even players called Bioware out for fixing a loot drop bug within a day over spending weeks proclaiming how they will get a fix for loot drops now after complaints.

Extraordinary Member

Was on today after a few weeks and saw just as many ppl in freeplay as I did at launch. Upgraded my Ranger and had mad fun, was getting Epic embers just harvesting chimera plants and got Epic items killing elites. For a level 26 that's great loot to me. A beautiful open world,great controls and core gameplay is what keeps me coming back. 150 million hours of gameplay by players of anthem while boring,clunky ass Div 2 is dead already, Good news EA has doubled down support for this game.

What is missing here from Cliffhanger's post...

- EA expected sales of 5-6 million by the end of March. Its been estimated the game has sold 3-4 million by this mark.

- Bioware has started pulling its key developers off Anthem to work on Dragon Age 4.

- EA its said are starting to look at games like this and how they are launched. Given the problems they have seen with this .

- Unlike Bioware who can't do a fucking patch on a loot system for weeks on end to fix an issue.... meanwhile the Division 2 developers are actually patching and working on their game. And actually have listened to their fanbase as this article shows.

https://kotaku.com/the-division-2-s-...han-1834619303