Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Extraordinary Member

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    There are no shitty load times watch my vids and tell me where you see them, Exploration and loot is rewarding cuz you can use what you find to craft better weapons and more powerful abilities. You might actually wanna play a game before you choose to criticize it on non-existent points and youtube trolls.

"Gameplay is good but the game sucks" Is the height of a troll argument. It's a game....
    Travis Day, a former Diablo developer breaksdown how awful the loot is and what can be done to fix it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ues_and_ideas/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Travis Day, a former Diablo developer breaksdown how awful the loot is and what can be done to fix it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ues_and_ideas/
    Yeah he makes some good suggestions I don't see where he says the loot system is awful just ways it could be improved. But even he as a critic of the game and top game developer admits he's really enjoying it. Pretty much proves my point.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-02-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A close comparison to a game that is going through live service hell is ...Red Dead Redemption 2 Online. Rockstar has watched its player use plummet as they did a stupid update recently and they have caught hell. Its pretty funny both in the same span are now catching issues with this live service deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Uh uh RDR2 has been up atleast 4 months now and it was **** from the beginning and still **** 4 or so months later. The controls are clunky the pvp is auto aim garbage. You get constantly dc'd while doing missions or griefed. Not to mention a screwed economy. You loot a diamond ring and get 10cents. Rockstar is charging up to 100rl dollars just for an emote. And ppl wanna talk about EA. Ha Rockstar thought they could get away with it cuz their legion of fanboys will excuse anything they do. I deleted that game after 2weeks of miserable mp. Anthem is fun with great in game mechanics , the mechanics for rdr2 suck.

Extraordinary Member

I'll say this tho. Max Payne 3 online was a masterpiece if Rockstar releases that on ps4 on the same level-I'll play it. They handled their b.i with that.

Uh uh RDR2 has been up atleast 4 months now and it was **** from the beginning and still **** 4 or so months later. The controls are clunky the pvp is auto aim garbage. You get constantly dc'd while doing missions or griefed. Not to mention a screwed economy. You loot a diamond ring and get 10cents. Rockstar is charging up to 100rl dollars just for an emote. And ppl wanna talk about EA. Ha Rockstar thought they could get away with it cuz their legion of fanboys will excuse anything they do. I deleted that game after 2weeks of miserable mp. Anthem is fun with great in game mechanics , the mechanics for rdr2 suck.
    EA of course gets a bad reputation due to what we have seen play out with Battlefront 2 and their scraping single player games deciding multiplayer is IT. Bethesda also is under fire as we saw. So its not like Rocksteady and EA are solely going through issues live service wise right now. EA has came under bigger fire due to how they decided to handle loot boxes and the storm it brought.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I can overlook that as there's more to Red Dead 2 than it's shitty online. I can avoid it all together. Can't do that with Anthem.

The guy in the video basically admits he learned about the exploit that Bioware didn't realize where people were getting great loot drops. So he streamed and started farming it to get that. It only lasted so many hours before Bioware came in and fixed it as we saw.

So I guess we're just throwing up videos here? Okay then, here's the key impressions of My name is Byf:

If you don't know him, Byf's one of the top 'lore masters' (which is a nicer name than 'story geeks') among the Destiny community, though he's splintered off into Warframe and Monster Hunter World too. He'd been doing some pretty sweet work on Anthem pre-release - this edited playthrough with his mates is a pretty solid ad for the game (SPEED LINES~!!) - but he wound up souring on it over the first week or so like so many others.

Some of the stuff he's saying - particularly the feelings over Bioware's history and why he'd expect better - are lost on me because, well, all that crap was Xbox so it passed me by. But his issues with the campaign's story, particularly its trendy in medias res beginning and how much better a more traditional beginning phase would've been, is well-reasoned, and the stuff he gets into at 31 minutes about gun lore had me nodding so hard I cricked my neck a bit. Said it before in a previous post, but a looter shooter needs loot and Anthem just doesn't provide stuff that's functionally OR narratively sexy enough to justify the grind.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    EA of course gets a bad reputation due to what we have seen play out with Battlefront 2 and their scraping single player games deciding multiplayer is IT. Bethesda also is under fire as we saw. So its not like Rocksteady and EA are solely going through issues live service wise right now. EA has came under bigger fire due to how they decided to handle loot boxes and the storm it brought.
    Yeah but those loot boxes and microtransactions you're talking about never happened on BF2. They fixed their progression issues in a bout a week or so. You only get in game money through playing the game and it can only be used for cosmetics and buying characters. And you still got youtubers going on about how it's pay to win. BF2 had a single player campaign and all ppl did was complain so I don't blame them for scrapping sp. Meanwhile Rockstar has been doing microtransactions .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can overlook that as there's more to Red Dead 2 than it's shitty online. I can avoid it all together. Can't do that with Anthem.
    Honestly I can't overlook it because I was one of those ppl who only bought RDR2 cuz I was hoping the online wud be great. Believe me a lot of ppl bought that game for the same reason after the online disaster I doubt they'll be getting those sales again. Not to mention they really are ripping ppl off with gold and upgrades you buy with rl money and can't even use and isn't available. Up to 100$ for an emote? WTF???If somebody wants to rant against an evil empire it's Rockstar.

One thing I can say about Red Dead 2 is that it doesn't crash and brick consoles

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just watched that report from Inside Gaming and just started laughing. At this point they are just cursed.

Hit a wall where I'm just grinding the same missions over and over. Gotte. 2 Masterwork pieces which getting those is what's kept me going but iono. This game feels like it has a fraction of the content Destiny does at launch. Probaly gonna go back to crackdown 3 for awhile. cause the Legends of Valor quest is a ridiculously long grind. And I have no idea what u get for finishing it and will probaly be disappointed