Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah here's the walkthrough I'm looking at. Like seriously....
    https://www.ign.com/wikis/spider-man-ps4/Walkthrough
    If you had actually played the game, or even read that walkthrough (BTW, I will never forgive you for making me have to open IGN's terribly optimized website on my poor phone), you would know that Clearing the Way leads director into The Main Event as part of the overall "Kingpin Mission" which ends with Kingpin being arrested about half an hour into the game, including the non-playable cutscenes.

Mission 3, My OTHER Other Job, involves doing lab work as Peter Parker immediately after defeating Fisk, which is significantly different from "swing here clear out enemies use these moves," without even getting into the following missions which include repairing signal towers then stopping crimes revealed by the towers (and finding your first backpack collectible), and repairing your suit/learning how to craft more suits. Mission 6, Fisk's Hideout, is only the first of many hideouts that you find in the game, and doesn't involve Fisk himself, who got beaten up and arrested at the end of what is *technically* the 2nd mission, but is overall first actual mission in the game and is done around half an hour into the game and had plenty of significant plot and character revelations.

I don't hold liking Anthem against you, but your statements about Spider-Man are so incorrect that it seems to be deliberate misinformation.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-08-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Semantics. *

Saying you got past Kingpin and got bored (which is fine) in a post where you also criticize the game for being repetitive is absurd. You didn't play it enough to make that determination.

* On what planet is the trail of henchmen leading up to a boss fight not part of the same mission?

Extraordinary Member

When I'm talking about getting past kingpin I'm talking about Fisk hideout. Whatever semantics. moving on.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

When I'm talking about getting past kingpin I'm talking about Fisk hideout. Whatever semantics. moving on.
    You do realize all you would have to do is that one Fisk hide out right ? Its just one. The rest are for extras and side mission etc. They give you extras and you get a trophy at the end for clearing them all if you choose to do it. The game can be played without doing all Fisk hide outs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Fisk construction sites are side content that you can do or not do over the course of the entire game.

Your meaning is becoming less clear.

If you mean you gave up after the first construction site (which is main story content), ok. But that's still before much of anything happens. So, still. What are you basing your opinion on? That you can choose to clear out all the sites.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

EA held their conference today for E3 and gave no updates for Anthem. We got tons of updates for Apex and Battlefield and none of this. The writing is on the wall.

Extraordinary Member

We can all agree SM is a good game but I feel like we're getting off topic and I'm pretty sure that game has it's own thread. Let's just go back to talking about anthem.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

So, out of curiosity, I went back and started Spider-Man from scratch. Approximately 2 hours and 7 missions in and these are the types of missions I've encountered:

Mission 1: short tutorial about the basics of combat.

Mission 2: short series of sub-missions involving more advanced combat and movement tutorials, rescuing some trapped civilians, and a boss fight against Kingpin (I finished this exactly half an hour into playing, mostly because Kingpin killed me twice).

Mission 3: labwork as Peter Parker, in the form of two different types of mini-games, with some optional rounds available.

Mission 4: fixing surveillance towers (using essentially the same mechanics that Batman uses to hack things in the Arkham games), which opens up the map for collectibles and random crimes to stop; 3 or so short "beat everyone up" crimes are mandatory here, as well as one backpack token (which is necessary for creating new suits and mods as they become available, as are the crime tokens that you get for stopping crimes).

Mission 5: crafting a new suit; new rounds in the previous mini-games are available now too.

Mission 6: clearing out one of Fisk's bases using a combination of stealth and wave based attacks; you start this fight getting a new upgradeable gadget, and clearing this gives out base tokens, which can be used for crafting as well, and opens up optional base missions.

Mission 7: photograph the Empire State Building,which gives a landmark token, which is used for crafting as well.

And these are just the mandatory missions. Some of the random crimes I've encountered have included stopping a couple of speeding cars, chasing down crooks fleeing on foot, finding a kidnapping victim using radar, rescuing people trapped in crashed cars, and hidden henchmen of Kingpin's just opening fire on me on sight. And this isn't even getting into the challenges that many of the crimes have, which gives you extra tokens for meeting them (like, perform a 10 hit combo, or web 3 criminals to walls). I haven't even gotten to the mandatory parts that I've heard of where you do detective missions, where you help out Aunt May at her charity, or where you control Mary Jane during some apparently surprisingly good stealth missions.

Whatever one may feel about other games, claiming that Spider-Man missions are all about found to a place and beating people up is a weird claim to make, at least by Mission 6, where 2.5 of the mandatory missions before that were not even combat oriented, and 6 itself was the first stealth or wave based mission, and involved you getting new a new type of webbing and new types of enemies and currency being introduced.

Edit: I also didn't mention any of the lore,world building, or character building aspects of those missions, like the little stories he tells himself whenever he finds a backpack,his constantly updating social media account (which is very well written and charming), JJJameson's radio show, or Spidey annoying his cop friend during Mission 4 by taking in the persona of Spider-Cop through the entire thing despite apparently having previously promised her that he would never do that again.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-08-2019 at 03:19 PM.

We can all agree SM is a good game but I feel like we're getting off topic and I'm pretty sure that game has it's own thread. Let's just go back to talking about anthem.
    Well you kinda threw it off topic discussing that game in a weird comparison that as some have said doesn't hold up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well you kinda threw it off topic discussing that game in a weird comparison that as some have said doesn't hold up.
    Uh huh okay...

A player discusses the short E3 mention of Anthem (a couple minutes) and how the issues continue to be ignored as much as people keep telling them to fix it.

This includes other things about EA games but the Anthem news starts things off.

Extraordinary Member

Some Legendaries I got recently. Storm and Ranger are Legendary now.

Extraordinary Member

EA has lost over $3.6+ billion dollars in net worth as their stock has went into the shitter. Its said that Apex Legends , Anthem and Battlefield V are looked at as under-performing for the company.

Also as pointed out Apex Legends launched BIG in March but has started cooling off with interest in season #2. It had expectations to take on Fortnite but right now that seems to have ended. Anthem is pretty much dead. Battlefield V is taking heat for bugs not being fixed.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    EA has lost over $3.6+ billion dollars in net worth as their stock has went into the shitter. Its said that Apex Legends , Anthem and Battlefield V are looked at as under-performing for the company.

Also as pointed out Apex Legends launched BIG in March but has started cooling off with interest in season #2. It had expectations to take on Fortnite but right now that seems to have ended. Anthem is pretty much dead. Battlefield V is taking heat for bugs not being fixed.
    The development team of Anthem went completely MIA as of late. They had nothing in the EA conference, haven't made any announcements since putting cataclysm in beta on PC. I don't see this game ever bouncing back.