Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Endgame content is stuff you can do after you finish the story campaign, which I'm given to understand is the lifeblood of the Live Services model that games like Anthem follow. You know, grinding for better gear, creating new characters to play around with, going on raids that are harder than the actual Final Boss, optional side stories that are unrelated to the main storyline, etc...

I say that I'm given to understand that, mostly because something following the Live Services model is generally a big red sign for me to avoid it like the plague, unless (maybe) its either Free to Play, or has a sufficiently strong single player campaign that I could feel that I got my money's worth after finishing the vanilla story, even if I never go online with it.
    Yeah there's currently a lot of stuff to do after the main story is done. The main problem for me is missing loot, whether on strongholds,contracts or freeplay- embers just aren't going into my stash. Which is pretty bad. Then again I got some cool weapons and coins. After the last patch it's looking like loot doesn't matter anyway so hopefully the next patch will fix this.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-18-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Are they in trouble?
    Mass Effect Andromeda was major bomb for them. So much that DLC for the game was cancelled and EA absorbed Bioware Montreal into EA Motive. If EA views Anthem to be a failure they will pull the plug on support and likely shut down the studio. They have a history of doing this.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Mass Effect Andromeda was major bomb for them. So much that DLC for the game was cancelled and EA absorbed Bioware Montreal into EA Motive. If EA views Anthem to be a failure they will pull the plug on support and likely shut down the studio. They have a history of doing this.
    It's less "history of" and more "fetish for."

Extraordinary Member

Anthem sales looking pretty good.

Extraordinary Member

More very strong sales info for Anthem. Those initial flop reports were just flat out wrong.

there are plenty of videos poking holes in those reports

Fact is positive or negative this is all speculation as the only ones that know the full state of sales are EA, we won't know them until they release them, which they're required by law to do so to investors as a publicly traded company

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

Fact is positive or negative this is all speculation as the only ones that know the full state of sales are EA, we won't know them until they release them, which they're required by law to do so to investors as a publicly traded company
    I'd go more with the Nielsen owned research company than that guy. They're actually looking at digital sales he's pretty much talking out of his ass. 100 million in revenue can't be considered a flop. When EA releases the full report we'll see the exact numbers but I'm sure they'll be more in line with the research company than him. I mean who knows? Maybe EA will be disappointed but still...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...gital-revenue/
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-24-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Just imagine if Bioware and EA weren't trying to piss off the people who play the game with their stupid loot systems involved. At this stage Anthem will likely drop like a stone after Feb. The REAL games are coming now as Days Gone and others are gonna hit.

And Forbes detailed that yes the game sold well to start but there is a funny thing happening to it...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#2860345b4329

That is…less great news. Why? Because the implication here is that Anthem’s microtransactions are not particularly attractive, even though the entire monetization model for the game post-launch is based on those kinds of microtransactions. New armor sets and cosmetics, possibly entirely new javelins to come. Anthem is not making paid DLC or expansions like Destiny, so it has to rely entirely on this other stuff, other stuff which does…not seem to be selling all that well. If we’re comparing in-game purchases alone, that’s $93 million for Apex compared to $3.5 million for Anthem. It goes to show how far a huge playerbase can go in a F2P game, and how much revenue storefronts in BR games can generate.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    100 million in revenue can't be considered a flop.
    This is EA your dealing with. This is the same company that thought the 7 million copies Battlefield V sold was a flop. They probably still kill it because the microtransactions ain't bringing in enough money.

100 million in revenue can't be considered a flop.
    That is frankly silly, of course it can be, it all depends on what was put into the game, and what was expected out of the game, which we won't know until the EA investor call, but we've seen EA call games that looked successful at a glance disappointments before because they didn't reach their expectations for them. Like Immortal pointed out Battlefield sold 7 million copies, and it was deemed so much a flop, that EA's stock tanked as a direct result.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-24-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That is frankly silly, of course it can be, it all depends on what was put into the game, and what was expected out of the game, which we won't know until the EA investor call, but we've seen EA call games that looked successful at a glance disappointments before because they didn't reach their expectations for them. Like Immortal pointed out Battlefield sold 7 million copies, and it was deemed so much a flop, that EA's stock tanked as a direct result.
    Forbes doesn't think it's silly. And even your boy Yong admits pretty much every company stock was down at the same time a stock market thing more than any one game or company so....

Extraordinary Member

This is EA your dealing with. This is the same company that thought the 7 million copies Battlefield V sold was a flop. They probably still kill it because the microtransactions ain't bringing in enough money.
    If EA is disappointed then that's them. Still not a flop by youtuber standards who claimed the game went copper.

If EA is disappointed then that's them. Still not a flop by youtuber standards who claimed the game went copper.
    If EA if disappointed then it's a wrap for this game. They pulled the plug on Battlefront II and Mass Effect Andromeda quick when they didn't perform to expectation. They ain't going to give a **** about YouTube.

Extraordinary Member

If EA if disappointed then it's a wrap for this game. They pulled the plug on Battlefront II and Mass Effect Andromeda quick when they didn't perform to expectation. They ain't going to give a **** about YouTube.
    BF2 is still going strong bro lobbies are full and they just added 30 skins and Anakin skywalker like 2 weeks ago.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In a sign that all is not well at EA , the company has announced layoffs effecting 350 employees. This is seemingly after the terrible response to Anthem and Battlefield V launches the last 6 months.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.