Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not fan of Ubisoft but they do these type of games a lot better than their AAA competitors. They stuck with Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor even at points where other companies would have cut their losses and those games managed to bounce back.
    Ubisoft have had issues with games for sure. But they seem to work at trying to get those games going. Even now with them saying console sales were lower than expected , they bragged up the PC sales and players more happy with it. They also said more content etc will be coming. So they seem happy to grow that game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Reached level 30 today did 5 strongholds in GM1 rooms were full. Got 12 masterwork items. and 10 masterwork embers,countless epics. Forgot to tape a game.There's no loot they say,GM1 is empty they say guess you gotta be in it to win it.

Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-20-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

GM1 rooms isn't the problem. Problem is there's no reason to go higher than that because because of how much of a slog the higher difficulty modes are. Players have figured out there's no point in doing the higher difficulties as the loot drops don't improve so they stick with GM1. That's good awful design for a loot base game

Extraordinary Member

Oh well guess I'll have to find out for myself. Anyway did 3 more strongholds today and got 10 more MWs and first Legendary, Seriously boosted up my Ranger's firepower that's some damn good loot.

Inside Gaming crunched some numbers on Anthem and discovered its pretty much collapsing as players are dropping off like flies from it. In fact its not ranked as the top #49 streamed games on X-Box and on Twitch it has ...113 people watching it...on 15 channels.

Bioware won't release official numbers and their twitter for the game has been near quiet a month.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

It's top 49 for most played games. I checked that list myself personally and it's crazy to think that games that are few years old are charting higher than Anthem. I saw MKX on there and that game was released in 2014 and there's a new MK out now.

Extraordinary Member

So after raging about the lack of content on Anthem and all his "unfinished products" are ruining gaming vids. This guy says he enjoys a game with no content. This is why the gaming community has the rep it has. No integrity out right bias and hypocrisy. Any type of ism?-No problem. cheating?pirating-No problem. Lag bad servers-No problem. Microtransactions?no content-No problem-Oh unless EA is involved. You put some diversity in your games you're gonna have a problem.I can't see how anyone takes these ppl seriously.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-26-2019 at 08:07 AM.

I seen people bitch about the practices in Activision and 2K games. Where were you when there was an uproar about all the egregious MTX in NBA 2K? The ridiculous grind on Red Dead 2 online? Shadow of War, a single player game ruined their nemesis system so they can monetize it with loot boxes?

Extraordinary Member

I seen people bitch about the practices in Activision and 2K games. Where were you when there was an uproar about all the egregious MTX in NBA 2K? The ridiculous grind on Red Dead 2 online? Shadow of War, a single player game ruined their nemesis system so they can monetize it with loot boxes?
    None of that was comparable. This guy and many other youtubers have umpteen outrage vids on Anthem "unfinished games blah.blah.balh", And here it is this same guy is gushing over a shitty looking,post-apocalyptic,generic fps that he finished in 6 hours and admits there's no content to. Guarantee there will be no outrage over this and if there it is . It won't even come close. It's obvious at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    None of that was comparable. This guy and many other youtubers have umpteen outrage vids on Anthem "unfinished games blah.blah.balh", And here it is this same guy is gushing over a shitty looking,post-apocalyptic,generic fps that he finished in 6 hours and admits there's no content to. Guarantee there will be no outrage over this and if there it is . It won't even come close. It's obvious at this point.
    Rage 2 isn't even the same type of game. It isn't a looter shooter that promises to go on forever. It's a one and done deal.

Well it took WB games a few years but they removed all the loot boxes from Shadow of War which is pretty funny given what they did to start that. Its said one final chapter of the game to complete was basically you having to pay to complete that extra. Now it seems they patched it and removed the loot boxes.

Some companies learn their lessons. Meanwhile Anthem still hasn't. Its been a month and people have brought up the complete silence that twitter and more has came from Anthem folks. Its almost like they have completely walked off this game.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well it took WB games a few years but they removed all the loot boxes from Shadow of War which is pretty funny given what they did to start that. Its said one final chapter of the game to complete was basically you having to pay to complete that extra. Now it seems they patched it and removed the loot boxes.

Some companies learn their lessons. Meanwhile Anthem still hasn't. Its been a month and people have brought up the complete silence that twitter and more has came from Anthem folks. Its almost like they have completely walked off this game.
    IIRC, the last stretch of Shadow of War had you defending a fortress and it was made difficult to incentivize players to buy loot boxes. They did have to rebalance that section of the game when they removed the loot boxes.

Extraordinary Member

Rage 2 isn't even the same type of game. It isn't a looter shooter that promises to go on forever. It's a one and done deal.
    There's always some type of excuse the game is 60$ for no content. No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    There's always some type of excuse the game is 60$ for no content. No complaints.
    Different types of games have different standards. The biggest crime I've seen out of Rage 2 is being an unremarkable open world shooter.

Extraordinary Member

Different types of games have different standards. The biggest crime I've seen out of Rage 2 is being an unremarkable open world shooter.
    "Different types of games have different standards." I'll damn sure agree with you on that.