Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 248

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

  1. #211
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    So I've noticed this is pretty cheap these days but I haven't picked it up yet.

    I've read a lot of the poor reviews but as someone who enjoyed vanilla No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Star War: Battlefront 2; I don't think a lot of the complaints would affect me since I don't typically feel "overpromised", sure I can feel a game isn't good, but I think that's entirely different.

    My questions about Anthem are:

    How is the player population? As a new player would I be able to find a Fireteam (or whatever the term in Anthem is), OR is the Single Player experience fun enough to warrant purchase at $30?
    Well I wouldn't make any promises lol. But you can see the progress I've posted here as opposed to the toxic shit on reddit and youtube. You might find the missions repetitive but that's the same with division 2 and even spiderman ps4. Imo opinion it's a very enjoyable game and every mission room I've been in is full. For 30$ it's definitely worth it I paid full price and I'm getting my money's worth. But it most likely comes down to your personal taste.

  2. #212
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Well I wouldn't make any promises lol. But you can see the progress I've posted here as opposed to the toxic shit on reddit and youtube. You might find the missions repetitive but that's the same with division 2 and even spiderman ps4. Imo opinion it's a very enjoyable game and every mission room I've been in is full. For 30$ it's definitely worth it I paid full price and I'm getting my money's worth. But it most likely comes down to your personal taste.
    Well since Spider-Man has nothing whatsoever to do with Anthem's promises and lack of follow through...here you go.




    In all its suggested that yes there have been player losses as many are reporting. No clue if Bioware can stem the tide.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  3. #213
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well since Spider-Man has nothing whatsoever to do with Anthem's promises and lack of follow through...here you go.




    In all its suggested that yes there have been player losses as many are reporting. No clue if Bioware can stem the tide.
    Nah just pointing out another bullshit cherrypick "oh the missions are repetitive" like a million other games. But oh "Anthem made promises" so it's different. The ppl on this video even admit their metrics are iffy using Twitch views to judge player base. But I guess the playerbase is down even tho I haven't noticed cuz every room I'm in is full.

  4. #214
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Nah just pointing out another bullshit cherrypick "oh the missions are repetitive" like a million other games. But oh "Anthem made promises" so it's different. The ppl on this video even admit their metrics are iffy using Twitch views to judge player base. But I guess the playerbase is down even tho I haven't noticed cuz every room I'm in is full.
    When did the people behind Spider-Man as a game make promises of a road map ? Yes some missions like the pigeon missions on the side were repetitive but not to a point it dragged an entire game down as people can ignore them. So your comparison again is absurd like the comparison of Rage 2 you tried earlier. Its like a mad scramble your trying for justifying the game to everyone.

    Yes your enjoying the game , yes you maybe finding matchups yourself in it. But a lot of reports are coming many aren't finding them. Throwing up other games to try and justify this one is getting more silly. I'm sure you haven't brought up God of War , Dragons Quest II and more from 2018 to do this with.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  5. #215
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    When did the people behind Spider-Man as a game make promises of a road map ? Yes some missions like the pigeon missions on the side were repetitive but not to a point it dragged an entire game down as people can ignore them. So your comparison again is absurd like the comparison of Rage 2 you tried earlier. Its like a mad scramble your trying for justifying the game to everyone.

    Yes your enjoying the game , yes you maybe finding matchups yourself in it. But a lot of reports are coming many aren't finding them. Throwing up other games to try and justify this one is getting more silly. I'm sure you haven't brought up God of War , Dragons Quest II and more from 2018 to do this with.
    Hehheh So they didn't promise a roadmap so repetitive missions don't matter lol. Look i played SM it's swing here clear out enemies use these moves etc.etc. yes it is repetitive. So what cuz there's no roadmap that's ignored. Same thing with Div2 go here clear out enemies get a new book bag-great lol. I don't have to justify this game to anybody I'm having a good time and getting loot, went from masterwork to Legendary in no time. I'm just pointing out biases in criticisms which are obvious to anybody-who isn't biased already.

  6. #216
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,711

    Default

    The missions on Spider-Man don't overstay their welcome. You only have to do them five times per district and they disappear. You only have to do them for completion sake.

    I don't why you keep trying to throw good games under the bus to make this dumper fire look good.

  7. #217
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The missions on Spider-Man don't overstay their welcome. You only have to do them five times per district and they disappear. You only have to do them for completion sake.

    I don't why you keep trying to throw good games under the bus to make this dumper fire look good.
    Relax I didn't say the game was bad just the missions are repetitive which they are. I got past kingpin and kinda lost interest. Just making a point.

  8. #218
    Astonishing Member Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I got past kingpin and kinda lost interest. Just making a point.
    Uhm . . . that's the opening mission.

  9. #219
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Uhm . . . that's the opening mission.
    I managed to get past Kingpin and did some labwork mini-games afterwards, and I've only played Spider-Man at a time when I literally only had around an hour before I had to be somewhere so I decided to doof around on Spider-Man for a bit instead of the massive RPGs that I had on the queue ahead of it.

    In fact, are there any missions beyond the invasion of Kingpin's headquarters at that point in the story?

    Edit: The Kingpin mission was essentially a tutorial, with the majority of the game taking place after a timeskip following his defeat, IIRC.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-08-2019 at 02:37 AM.

  10. #220
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Uhm . . . that's the opening mission.
    Canceled post.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-08-2019 at 05:31 AM.

  11. #221
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Uhm . . . that's the opening mission.
    Uh no that's not the first mission if that's what you mean. there are missions before that and they're repetitive swing here clear out enemies. It's actually the 6th mission in the game like wtf???? Like seriously ppl in this thread talking with authority on games they obviously haven't played....smdh...
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-08-2019 at 05:36 AM.

  12. #222
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Uh no that's not the first mission if that's what you mean. there are missions before that and they're repetitive swing here clear out enemies. It's actually the 6th mission in the game like wtf???? Like seriously ppl in this thread talking with authority on games they obviously haven't played....smdh...
    Yes it is. When you take the control of Spider-Man the first mission is the police raid of Kingpin's building. It serves the as game's tutorial. There's no warm up missions leading up to it.

  13. #223
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Uh no that's not the first mission if that's what you mean. there are missions before that and they're repetitive swing here clear out enemies. It's actually the 6th mission in the game like wtf???? Like seriously ppl in this thread talking with authority on games they obviously haven't played....smdh...
    Y-you mean the tutorial fights that take place within the first 30 minutes of the game, are *part* of the Kingpin mission, and of which only one even takes place outside of Fisk Towers?



  14. #224
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Y-you mean the tutorial fights that take place within the first 30 minutes of the game, are *part* of the Kingpin mission, and of which only one even takes place outside of Fisk Towers?


    Yeah here's the walkthrough I'm looking at. Like seriously....
    https://www.ign.com/wikis/spider-man-ps4/Walkthrough
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-08-2019 at 07:53 AM.

  15. #225
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Anyway....just reached full level Legendary today. Gettin loot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •