Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    A year after it's release, No Man's Sky had 3 major content updates on it's way to it's 2.0 update. FFXIV was consistently dropping updates on it's way to 2.0, along with constant Letters from The Producer and forums where the devs would communicate with the players.

A year later and all Anthem has to show for it is radio silence, a roadmap that lead off a cliff and a handful of baby dick content updates. And some mystery 2.0 update that may or may not even still exist (if it ever existed to begin with).

Maybe they'll have something at E3, but who knows? Right now, it just seems like the lack of direction that was plaguing this game throughout it's development hasn't gotten any better.

EDIT: Bioware just dropped this. So it seems that a big update is indeed coming...eventually. Game's pretty much on maintenance mode for however long that takes.
    So any bets when this guy decides to leave the company ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Hard to believe its been 6 months and Bioware hasn't said anything about this game. Its basically a dropped game and they handled it pretty bad. Imagine trying to hook people to buy another one of these. Which I fully expect EA to try with Anthem Next or 2.0.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hard to believe its been 6 months and Bioware hasn't said anything about this game. Its basically a dropped game and they handled it pretty bad. Imagine trying to hook people to buy another one of these. Which I fully expect EA to try with Anthem Next or 2.0.
    If there anyone still working on this game it's likely a skeleton crew. Bioware is likely focusing its efforts on the new Dragon Age game.

They just posted about a loot revamp (didn't they already revamp loot?). It's going to roll out gradually...no word on any actual content.

Games like this desperately need some kind of procedural/scaling content. Or at least the ability to crank out content quickly...which this game's devs clearly don't have the resources to do.

With even this still being a long way off, I'm starting to think that this 2.0 update isn't going to be as expansive as people are hoping.

They revamped loot multiple times at this point. Guessing its a bone for the players that have stuck with it. I don't know. 2.0 is gonna have to be substantial to make players take a look at it again. Especially if Outriders turns out half as good as it looks. Maybe they should make it FTP and try to remold it into a Warfame type.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Especially if Outriders turns out half as good as it looks.
    Outriders looks pretty cool. Kinda reminds me of Remnant: From the Ashes, which was a pleasant surprise.

Maybe they should make it FTP and try to remold it into a Warfame type.
    "Big budget Warframe" is what I was hoping for when Anthem was announced. But I just can't see EA making that kind of commitment to the game.

The Death of a Game series focuses on the Death of Anthem.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, EA canceled a game that they barely even supported in the first place.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Maybe this will teach companies to stop following trends that don't work for their IPs. Take note, Square and Marvel.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

RIP lasted longer than expected

YongYea discusses how EA killed the game finally....

welp there goes 9 complete and utter wasted years of Biowares time, good riddance. Only good thing to come out of this boondoggle is that apparently it's lead Bioware to drop the multiplayer plans for Dragonage 4 to focus on the single player aspect

There goes project Bob Dylan....lol. (That was their early development name for this by the way) ...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Maybe this will teach companies to stop following trends that don't work for their IPs. Take note, Square and Marvel.
    Apparently this game flopped so hard that EA is abandoning it's live service plans for Dragon Age. Anthem death wasn't in vain!

There's a delicious irony in that Anthem single handedly killed EA's no one wants single player games narrative dead