Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    YoungYea dismantles the game in a review of the main missions and claims its a game with "No soul".

The release of the game became a comedy of errors as well as EA and Bioware was more about $$$ and did a confusing chart of the release and more of it. Rich from Reviewtech mocked the entire chart of how it was released .

I mean when the release itself is a confusing mess of **** , no wonder the game is getting mid reviews.
    This guy is a bs youtuber who reviews games for clicks. Like seriously "It didn't break the mold of rpg mp's" So it's a failure?GTFO…..Then the last 5min of his critique is made up bs- audio bugs? WTF?
    "Oh the teleporting to your teammates while you're harvesting"-it takes a second to harvest and the game gives you a 20 sec warning before your teleported. So wtf is he talking about? And why is his dumbass out harvesting away from his team on a mission? Yeah man if you wanna know how a game is play it yourself. these "critics" are full of it.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-24-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So anyone who has a negative opinion of the game is a liar?

The fact that it took six years of development and the focus of Biowares supposed "a team" to the point that they left a Mass Effect game to utterly fail to make a game this shallow depresses me. I might have given it a shot if they'd at least tried to give it a story worth investing in like SWTOR, but apparently that's one of the weakest parts of the game. a game from BIOWARE. Dragon Age 4 better be a home run or that might be the nail in the coffin for the company.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So anyone who has a negative opinion of the game is a liar?
    Not anyone but he's definitely being misleading here. Anyone who's played the game knows teleportation and harvesting don't work the way he's describing it. And he looks like a jackass saying he's trying to harvest away from his team during a mission. He's the type of guy to be taking screenshots while his team is trying to secure the payload on overwatch. Like wtf? does he even understand what the point of a team mission is? But ppl listen to ppl like this because they have huge platforms.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The fact that it took six years of development and the focus of Biowares supposed "a team" to the point that they left a Mass Effect game to utterly fail to make a game this shallow depresses me. I might have given it a shot if they'd at least tried to give it a story worth investing in like SWTOR, but apparently that's one of the weakest parts of the game. a game from BIOWARE. Dragon Age 4 better be a home run or that might be the nail in the coffin for the company.
    There is fear that they may not even get a chance at another game due to this one possibly failing and EA demanding every single player game become a multiplayer fucking nightmare so they can bank millions of dollars. Bioware may not fit in its stupid plans down the line.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not anyone but he's definitely being misleading here. Anyone who's played the game knows teleportation and harvesting don't work the way he's describing it. And he looks like a jackass saying he's trying to harvest away from his team during a mission. He's the type of guy to be taking screenshots while his team is trying to secure the payload on overwatch. Like wtf? does he even understand what the point of a team mission is? But ppl listen to ppl like this because they have huge platforms.
    I'm a regular viewer of his videos and he isn't the type to sensationalize. If that's what he experience I believe him.

Extraordinary Member

Looter Shooters nearly always are released in stages going all the way back to Diablo 3. Bugfixes, New Loo,t Dungeons, Raids, New Level Caps and New Classes are always added post launch.

Peeps who like the genre aren't surprised by any of this stuff with Anthem. Those that don't like the genre are acting like Anthem was the first game to ever release in an "allegedly unfinished" state.

Not saying the game is perfect but the logic of "EA sucks so this games sucks" is flawed.

I mean everybody complaining is choosing to forget how long it actually took Destiny 1 to get good in the eyes of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Looter Shooters nearly always are released in stages going all the way back to Diablo 3. Bugfixes, New Loo,t Dungeons, Raids, New Level Caps and New Classes are always added post launch.

Peeps who like the genre aren't surprised by any of this stuff with Anthem. Those that don't like the genre are acting like Anthem was the first game to ever release in an "allegedly unfinished" state.

Not saying the game is perfect but the logic of "EA sucks so this games sucks" is flawed.

I mean everybody complaining is choosing to forget how long it actually took Destiny 1 to get good in the eyes of fans.
    None of the three Borderlands launched in the piss poor state of Destiny and this game. Those games gave you hours of content with a new game+. This is before they get expanded on with DLC. These new looter shooters being a burden wasteland of content at launch is garbage. Borderlands is still number one as for as looter shooters go as far I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Borderlands is still number one as for as looter shooters go as far I'm concerned.
    I'm enjoying Anthem but yes, Borderlands (and Warframe) are still the games to beat in this genre. I don't think either of them will be losing the crown any time soon.

The problem is Bioware made the game though. They have a hardcore fan base looking for a particular type of game from Bioware. It's not a traditional "Looter Shooter" release.

EA is sort of tone deaf on this. They previously forced Bioware to use an FPS-optimized engine to make their open-world RPG.

"This is what we want. You don't look like you're doing anything right now. Get on it. I don't care if you've never done it before."

It's like hiring a carpenter to fix your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The problem is Bioware made the game though. They have a hardcore fan base looking for a particular type of game from Bioware.
    That, "particular type of game" can't be the RPGs that made them famous in the first place because they haven't made one of those in a decade.

You gotta judge the game for what it is, not judge it for something it was never trying to be in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    That, "particular type of game" can't be the RPGs that made them famous in the first place because they haven't made one of those in a decade.

You gotta judge the game for what it is, not judge it for something it was never trying to be in the first place.
    I'm responding to the idea that fans of Looter Shooters should be prepared for X, Y, Z. A significant contingent of the people buying, or thinking of buying, Anthem are Bioware fans, not Looter Shooter fans.

Some people may not personally like how Bioware's post-(insert their last "good" game) games have changed over time, but they're still squad-based, story-driven RPGs with tons of talking to characters.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jim Sterling decided to discuss Anthem and comically compared playing with his dog as more enjoyment than playing Anthem in a spot.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The problem is Bioware made the game though. They have a hardcore fan base looking for a particular type of game from Bioware. It's not a traditional "Looter Shooter" release.

EA is sort of tone deaf on this. They previously forced Bioware to use an FPS-optimized engine to make their open-world RPG.
    Those same fans were complaining about Dragon Age 2 (don't get me started I loved DA 2), Mass Effect 3's ending, Mass Effect Andromeda (that was actually fair) and even Dragon Age Inquisition, a game that only missed being Game Of the Year because it came out the same year The Witcher 3 did.

Really, Bioware gets crapped on when it does what the fans expect and they get crapped on when they don't.

Those same fans were complaining about Dragon Age 2 (don't get me started I loved DA 2), Mass Effect 3's ending, Mass Effect Andromeda (that was actually fair) and even Dragon Age Inquisition, a game that only missed being Game Of the Year because it came out the same year The Witcher 3 did.

Really, Bioware gets crapped on when it does what the fans expect and they get crapped on when they don't.
    Most of the complaints about DAII and ME3 were related to the games being rushed out and therefor being less than they could have been. (And the Retake thing was always louder than it was broad.)

Anthem is simply off-brand. Nevermind that a significant portion of people who tend toward single-player RPGs are distinctly not looking for an online experience. (I know ME3 and DAI have online modes that people play, but it's still a portion of the players, and not why people buy the games.)

This was Bioware trying to come up with an idea they thought would please EA, even though it's a hard turn from what they do. Not everyone can pull off a Jordan Peele. (It helps that Get Out was a passion project.)