Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 248

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

  1. #46
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The problem is Bioware made the game though. They have a hardcore fan base looking for a particular type of game from Bioware. It's not a traditional "Looter Shooter" release.

    EA is sort of tone deaf on this. They previously forced Bioware to use an FPS-optimized engine to make their open-world RPG.

    "This is what we want. You don't look like you're doing anything right now. Get on it. I don't care if you've never done it before."

    It's like hiring a carpenter to fix your car.

    Sterling in the video I posted discussed how EA comically forced Visceral as a studio to do a game that they really didn't have in its wheelhouse with a Battlefield : Hardline. That they forced the studio on it , people knew it would end up terrible and it did to no ones shock. Then EA pretty much didn't really care about Visceral .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  2. #47
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,716

    Default



    If this keeps up Anthem is gonna be put in the same position as Fallout 76.

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sterling in the video I posted discussed how EA comically forced Visceral as a studio to do a game that they really didn't have in its wheelhouse with a Battlefield : Hardline. That they forced the studio on it , people knew it would end up terrible and it did to no ones shock. Then EA pretty much didn't really care about Visceral .
    In fairness, people at Bioware insist EA didn't force them to make Anthem. But I do get the sense the idea was pitched because they thought it's what EA wanted.

    What kind of player base does SWTOR have? That's the only thing even sort of like Anthem they've made I believe. And that was made in Austen, not Edmonton. Don't know how much of a difference that makes either.

  4. #49
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,548

    Default

    Already troubled reports from the UK have emerged and its said that sales of Mass Effect : Andromeda were double the sales of Anthem at launch. Also its said that the game has only sold 10% of those compared to the 1st Destiny did back in 2014.

    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...ggle_in_the_uk


    EA before the launch claimed they wanted 5-6 million copies of Anthem sold this year.


    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...s_in_six_weeks
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  5. #50
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,390

    Default

    Well I'm enjoying this game so far. Having some issues with the servers now and then but nothing crazy.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-25-2019 at 02:48 PM.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well I'm enjoying this game so far. Having some issues with the servers now and then but nothing crazy.
    Yeah it's a pretty fun game just unlocked a new javelin -Storm- today. Gotta lotta new firepower compared with Ranger imo.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm a regular viewer of his videos and he isn't the type to sensationalize. If that's what he experience I believe him.
    Yeah well I've posted about 5 vids here already go look at any one of them and see if you see insane loading screens,glitches ,bugs. You won't and if he's saying he's experiencing those things in last few days yeah he is lying. And talking about being teleported to his team by surprise is a damn lie that doesn't happen. Again he doesn't even sound like he knows how to play a co-op mission. I wouldn't take anyone like that serious.

    I'd rather go by my own experience and the ppl I've played with and the ppl in this thread saying they are enjoying the game. Than fake gamers on youtube.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-25-2019 at 04:38 PM.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well I'm enjoying this game so far. Having some issues with the servers now and then but nothing crazy.
    Yeah so far i haven't experienced any major issue with the game. Still playing it everyday and loving it.

  10. #55
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post


    If this keeps up Anthem is gonna be put in the same position as Fallout 76.
    I wonder if Anthem will kick a player for playing 900+ hours and getting all kinds of ammo. That would be insanely funny if that happens on Anthem ... "He played 900 hours of Anthem and had all these weapons...so we had no choice but to kick him."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'd rather go by my own experience and the ppl I've played with and the ppl in this thread saying they are enjoying the game. Than fake gamers on youtube.
    Let's never forget that it's a business, those guys say what their audience want to hear.

    Never can buy a critic eh? Haha, that's rich.

  12. #57
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Let's never forget that it's a business, those guys say what their audience want to hear.

    Never can buy a critic eh? Haha, that's rich.

    Taking the Microsoft approach never works really. Not every critic has a sinister idiot motive to tank a game as much as your buying into the conspiracy of it right now. The majority of those who played the game didn't like it. They gave reviews of it. They will move onto the next game...life will go on .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Let's never forget that it's a business, those guys say what their audience want to hear.

    Never can buy a critic eh? Haha, that's rich.
    Yeah it's all about clicks. EA hate is profitable gotta pay those bills lol. But I mean if they were being objective I could see but they seemed to have their fangs out from the beginning.

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Taking the Microsoft approach never works really. Not every critic has a sinister idiot motive to tank a game as much as your buying into the conspiracy of it right now. The majority of those who played the game didn't like it. They gave reviews of it. They will move onto the next game...life will go on .
    Funny thing is most of what I'm hearing from ppl presently playing the game now keep saying they're enjoying it and aren't having any major issues. Those are the reviews that count. These EA hater critics don't have any credibility from the start.

  15. #60
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah it's all about clicks. EA hate is profitable gotta pay those bills lol. But I mean if they were being objective I could see but they seemed to have their fangs out from the beginning.
    That doesn't hold up as the people who critical of anthem are loving Apex, another recently released EA game. Try again next time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •