Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hit a wall where I'm just grinding the same missions over and over. Gotte. 2 Masterwork pieces which getting those is what's kept me going but iono. This game feels like it has a fraction of the content Destiny does at launch. Probaly gonna go back to crackdown 3 for awhile. cause the Legends of Valor quest is a ridiculously long grind. And I have no idea what u get for finishing it and will probaly be disappointed
    I just need one more piece of corium for the Dawn shield but I can't find any Titans. Any tips?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This reddit user discovered that the power scaling for weapons is completely borked. His level 1 defender rifle does more damage than his lvl 45 masterwork rifle
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ort=confidence

Various users in the thread confirmed this with different weapons. Thanks for making numbers not matter Bioware.

Extraordinary Member

Welp, I finished the main story. Still got some strong hold and legionnaire missions to do still gotta unlock Colossus. Hopefully they'll be releasing some new content in the next few weeks. A pvp mode wud great some death matches and some objective based games where you compete against another team.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This reddit user discovered that the power scaling for weapons is completely borked. His level 1 defender rifle does more damage than his lvl 45 masterwork rifle
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ort=confidence

Various users in the thread confirmed this with different weapons. Thanks for making numbers not matter Bioware.

Its became a comedy of errors with this. As one youtuber joked , "Bethesda would like to thank EA and Bioware for taking the heat off them with this." lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its became a comedy of errors with this. As one youtuber joked , "Bethesda would like to thank EA and Bioware for taking the heat off them with this." lol
    The latest patch nerfed loot drops again
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlYKnvHZEWQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...sion_shouldnt/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...r_numbers_are/

It's bad enough to discourage some players to continue playing.

This game is making the Battlefront FUBAR look amazing by comparison.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I do love that it takes Bioware no time to patch out loot and piss off the fanbase as we see. It took em 11 hours to realize one time folks were playing this and getting good drops. So after 11 hours they patched it out. Then this one. But to fix things and make their fanbase be pleased ..."Its gonna take MONTHS !"

Oh **** off Bioware. No one believes that horse **** since what you already did here. Its just basically a stupid excuse and you deserve the anger from people. Honestly why would people play this when the people responsible are doing this ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

It's bad enough to discourage some players to continue playing.
    Trying to go with the WoW-route of hammering you with an over-reliance of RNG to keep you running static content. Chasing BIS inscriptions does not make a 30-hour game into a 300-hour game.

I enjoyed my month with Anthem but...I only paid $15 for a month of Origin Premiere to play it. This is not a $60+ game. It's fun but at it's core it's a fairly standard third-person shooter. They should have doubled down on the flying aspect like Warframe took the, "magic space ninja" theme and went nuts with it. Midair battles, boss fights that transition from place to place, etc. Flight, while cool, is basically treated like a mount in an MMO. Something to get you from point A to point B and little else.

There are 3 enemy factions in the game that are all basically the same. Would anyone have guessed that the Scars were insect colonies if the NPCs didn't tell you? You don't have to change your approach or take gear loadouts into consideration.

The writing is atrocious. As soon as someone opens their mouth it's like you're stuck listening to a bad sitcom. Far too much dialogue is a poor attempt at being, "witty". Sentinel Dax and Brin (especially Dax) are, by far, the worst offenders.

And Fort Tarsis might actually be the worst, most tedious hub area in any video I've played. At least in recent memory. In fact, doing anything in this game feels tedious. The horrid UI, salvaging/crafting gear (one item at a time...), slow movement speed in the city, an abundance of loading screens that would be at home in an early PS1 game.

A lot of games want to run with the whole "Live Service" thing, which isn't bad in and of itself but they seem to forget that you have to actually give people a reason to keep coming back. The lack of content in this game is alarming. Especially when so much of it is reused. It feels small even compared to Borderlands. Never mind something like Warframe or even The Division.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 03-11-2019 at 01:00 PM.

This makes me really nervous for the next Dragon Age. This and Mass Effect ... ugh ... WTF BIOWARE!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The last two Dragon Age games have obliterated any faith I have for the next game.

Much like Blizzard when it comes to ARPGs and RTS games, Bioware isn't the company capable of giving us RPGs like DA:O or Neverwinter Nights anymore.

The guy who does ItsaGundam's channel detailed that the Bioware that did the original Mass Effect and Dragon Age games isn't the same one anymore. All the original creators it seems have departed and we have this shell of Bioware that is now gonna make games. Plus the heat is on. If Anthem doesn't do huge numbers (EA wants 6 million copies sold in 6 months) then Dragon Age will be its last chance by what many are claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Bioware isn't the company capable of giving us RPGs like DA:O or Neverwinter Nights anymore.
    Those games have been out of style for a while now. The only people trying to make games like that anymore are nostalgic indie devs.