Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem Gameplay

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    This makes me really nervous for the next Dragon Age. This and Mass Effect ... ugh ... WTF BIOWARE!?
    You should be worried if Bioware will still be around to make those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Those games have been out of style for a while now. The only people trying to make games like that anymore are nostalgic indie devs.
    Those games have been successful for those indie devs. Games like Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity have been big successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Those games have been successful for those indie devs. Games like Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity have been big successes.
    It's a sliding scale. Those games don't sell in the numbers that justify AAA investment today.

And frankly, isometric view is archaic. It's like black-and-white film. There are artistic reasons to use it, and there are cost reasons to use it. But there are also snobs who just think it's superior (and really because they have memories of games they love made that way).

It's a sliding scale. Those games don't sell in the numbers that justify AAA investment today.

And frankly, isometric view is archaic. It's like black-and-white film. There are artistic reasons to use it, and there are cost reasons to use it. But there are also snobs who just think it's superior (and really because they have memories of games they love made that way).
    It doesn't need to be AAA. The industry needs more middleware games like those. Not everything should be one extreme or another.

I don't see anything archaic with an isometric camera personally. It's perfectly fine for the type of RPG those games are.

It doesn't need to be AAA. The industry needs more middleware games like those. Not everything should be one extreme or another.
    Yes, but an EA-owned Bioware isn't going to make middleware games.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I just need one more piece of corium for the Dawn shield but I can't find any Titans. Any tips?
    Yea one of the strongholds has like 3 titans. Crap drawing a blank. I stopped playing waiting for more stuff to be added. Right now I'm just grinding towards those 30 of each activity quest and yea it would take me months to do all that so I'm good I need other things to do while im.playing the same missions over and over hoping a masterwork drops. Been playing crackdown 3,pretty fun and well worth the 10 bucks I pay for gamepass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea one of the strongholds has like 3 titans. Crap drawing a blank. I stopped playing waiting for more stuff to be added. Right now I'm just grinding towards those 30 of each activity quest and yea it would take me months to do all that so I'm good I need other things to do while im.playing the same missions over and over hoping a masterwork drops. Been playing crackdown 3,pretty fun and well worth the 10 bucks I pay for gamepass.
    Yeah I finished the main story but noticed loot wasn't being rewarded on recent missions. Got about 5 epics and about 20 rares on 6 stronghold missions. which I thought was good drops cuz I'm still rare level 20. But when the missions were done and I checked my stash only one epic was rewarded and about 3 rare. so yeah that sucks. No point in missions if loot dropped isn't being rewarded. Started playing division 2 today but gotta be level 5 to pvp some bullshit there. Still looking like it's great game but anthem was hella fun while it lasted. Hopefully they fix these problems soon.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Dude No those aren't the problems that plague it and those issues don't exist lol. I've played for hours no bugs,no insane load times. And guess what? there was an update just yesterday and it wasn't monetized-why would it be?. But this is what I'm talking about you're going off of what you've got from youtube and it's bullshit. And wtf is endgame content anyway? How much do you expect to get out of a game that's finished. Like I said bullshit.
    Endgame content is stuff you can do after you finish the story campaign, which I'm given to understand is the lifeblood of the Live Services model that games like Anthem follow. You know, grinding for better gear, creating new characters to play around with, going on raids that are harder than the actual Final Boss, optional side stories that are unrelated to the main storyline, etc...

I say that I'm given to understand that, mostly because something following the Live Services model is generally a big red sign for me to avoid it like the plague, unless (maybe) its either Free to Play, or has a sufficiently strong single player campaign that I could feel that I got my money's worth after finishing the vanilla story, even if I never go online with it.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Those games have been out of style for a while now. The only people trying to make games like that anymore are nostalgic indie devs.
    I didn't necessarily mean isometric D&D games (although, I wouldn't turn my nose up at one), I just meant in terms of quality. RPGs that are actually RPGs and not, "cinematic experiences" stripped of any and all depth so Johnny No-Thumbs doesn't have to press too many buttons or make a hard choice in building their character.

Still, I'm glad that we have nostalgic indie devs (and guys like CDPR) to pick up the ball that Bioware dropped.

I'm not sure that Fire Emblem counts as Isometric, though it's generally in the same neighborhood, but Raving Rabbids probably falls in that category, do Nintendo, at least, is still interested in it. Not to mention Activision Blizzard with Diablo and WOW, assuming that they don't screw it all up. And Square Enix with the Hitman Go and Tomb Raider Go games, though those are puzzlers rather than RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm not sure that Fire Emblem counts as Isometric, though it's generally in the same neighborhood, but Raving Rabbids probably falls in that category, do Nintendo, at least, is still interested in it. Not to mention Activision Blizzard with Diablo and WOW, assuming that they don't screw it all up. And Square Enix with the Hitman Go and Tomb Raider Go games, though those are puzzlers rather than RPGs.
    There's Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle which is the best selling third party title on the Switch and it's a isometric game.

There's Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle which is the best selling third party title on the Switch and it's a isometric game.
    *That's* the one that I was thinking of. Reaching Rabbids was a party game or something, right?

I still don't understand why they used the Rabbids as protagonists for the Mario crossover when Rayman and company would probably love the opportunity to shoot the other Rabbids themselves, and the they and the Mario crew could cosplay as one another.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I still don't understand why they used the Rabbids as protagonists for the Mario crossover when Rayman and company would probably love the opportunity to shoot the other Rabbids themselves, and the they and the Mario crew could cosplay as one another.
    Supposedly it's because they felt the Rabbids brand had become it's own, independent, entity from Rayman...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supposedly it's because they felt the Rabbids brand had become it's own, independent, entity from Rayman...
    That's definitely not wrong. At one point they made Rayman a background character in his own series.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    The last two Dragon Age games have obliterated any faith I have for the next game.

Much like Blizzard when it comes to ARPGs and RTS games, Bioware isn't the company capable of giving us RPGs like DA:O or Neverwinter Nights anymore.
    I enjoyed DA:I probably as much as Origins. I did not like II at all, though.

NWN is one of my all-time favorite computer RPGs.
    You should be worried if Bioware will still be around to make those games.
    Are they in trouble?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium