Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Get Jim Lee and a high profile year long run on the title, like he did with Loeb on Batman, and Azzarello on Superman.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Azz wasn't actually what Diana need it. While a wild change is need it. IS making the Amazons unlikable ad the fact passing away her feminine origins really necessary
    >

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Get Jim Lee and a high profile year long run on the title, like he did with Loeb on Batman, and Azzarello on Superman.
    Good luck. Lee doesn’t draw anymore, too busy with the management side of things. I mean don’t get me wrong it would be great, but I just can’t see it happening.

Azz shouldn't be anywhere need Diana again. Maybe Orlando should be brought back

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Azz shouldn't be anywhere need Diana again. Maybe Orlando should be brought back
    I agree. I'd like to see what Orlando would do with her verse, if he had the chance to write more than 5 issues.

Amazing Member

Quality,a writer and an artist

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

The most consistently selling issues of the comic in my memory were the Mike Deodato drawn issues of the Messner-Loebs run. That was good-girl art, or what passed for it in the 1990s, though it now seems extremely manneristic today. An artist of Ed Benes' caliber illustrating fun and kinky stories, is probably the best way to boost sales of the comic.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    The most consistently selling issues of the comic in my memory were the Mike Deodato drawn issues of the Messner-Loebs run. That was good-girl art, or what passed for it in the 1990s, though it now seems extremely manneristic today. An artist of Ed Benes' caliber illustrating fun and kinky stories, is probably the best way to boost sales of the comic.
    Do you really think so with good-girl art being so passe? I'm not sure, there's definitely still a market for it judging by some of my comics facebook groups, plus twitter and instagram feeds. Deodato sold like hotcakes but to this day Wonder Woman fans still complain about the art. It's probably not a good fit for this title, but I could be wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Return to the days of brokeback poses and cameltoe thongs?.... Pass....

Mighty Member

1. Create a status quo that pleases her core audience
    2. Bring in different talents that have their own following
    3. Art that has some sort of appeal whether its sexy art or just well done art either would be fine. I say this as someone who didn't see an issue with Deodato's art and think he was obviously talented.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 10-25-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Aside from her office having a definitive direction for her...(her book seems all-over the place)

I would like to see/read more epic character-defining runs/storylines...like Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Flash have had throughout their histories.
    Something new (not Greek Gods-Themyscira-themed...again) that places her in completely new environments, with new/different villains, STARRING just her and her ALONE!
    I want a Wonder Woman relying on her strength and powers and wisdom to overcome the odds.
    I also want one definitive artist to tell this story...consistency is key.
    And...
    I want DC to sell the bloody hell out of it! As in..."If you've never read any WW comic before...then you NEED to read this one!!!"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

An A-List writer and A-List artists.

Everything after the Greg Rucka/Liam Sharp/Nicola Scott run has read and looked like a bunch of lazy, boring, throwaway, filler issues and backup stories.

So basically, that's like 60 straight issues---or two and half straight years worth---of forgettable, low quality JUNK.

And now we are getting Steve Orlando back on the book AGAIN for a THIRD TIME in the SAME VOLUME. That's a blatant band-aid for a gaping gunshot wound, and is hardly a way to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 10-31-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's a large part of it as well. Recent WW writers have gotten into a cookie-cutter mind-set of having her fight mostly gods and other threats from public domain. These characters are less unique and not really "own-able" by Diana. As time goes by and characters with potential like Dr. Psycho, Queen Clea, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, Aegeus, Gundra, Osira, Zara, Kung, Eviless, Baron Blitzkreig, The Mask, Minister Blizzard, Blue Snowman, and Angle Man sit in limbo and collects dust, the less likely they are to be brought back and made into credible threats.
    Amen to that. I know I find myself less and less interested in Diana's book these days because over the last several years, WAY too much focus has been placed on Gods, Greek Mythology monsters, and Amazons; while integral to her origins, too much of that stuff is BORING because it's public domain and takes all the uniqueness and spontaneity out of her adventures and her battles. And if not constantly falling back on generic Greek Mythology threats and tropes, she's constantly fighting the same two or three Wonder Woman-specific villains in Cheetah, Ares, or Circe. I believe that that's part of the reason why Wonder Woman fell so far behind Batman and Superman in the public consciousness and basically only became an "Out of respect and tradition" member of DC's Trinity rather than a member of DC's Trinity that felt like she had actively EARNED the spot: Because most of her own unique rogues gallery is so underutilized and ignored, and a hero's VILLAINS are a HUGE part of what makes them popular to not only comic book readers, but in pop culture in general.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 10-31-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    1. Create a status quo that pleases her core audience
    2. Bring in different talents that have their own following
    3. Art that has some sort of appeal whether its sexy art or just well done art either would be fine. I say this as someone who didn't see an issue with Deodato's art and think he was obviously talented.
    I agree with all of this.

That said, good luck with #1.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I agree with all of this.

That said, good luck with #1.
    I feel like it wouldnt be too hard. People are going to complain no matter what but I feel like there is a general jist of what wonder woman fans want and its the very different from what the comics have produced.