Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Man! I am loving FNSM!!!! I hope it settles out, I really don’t want to see it go.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    How did ASM gain nearly 30k readers for issue 14? Were there any special circumstances?

I can't figure that out either; actually, it may be more a case that the title somehow lost nearly 30k for issue 13 and then rebounded as, IIRC, the title has been averaging about 90k since Spencer took over. Either way, very strange indeed.....

Astonishing Member

FNSM 1 wasnt my cup, but the second issue gives me hope. I liked it. Usually i give a book 3 issues before i decide if i cancel it or not. Not many are that patient, thats what we see each month on the chart with all the second issues...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Also, it looks like I'm not the only one finding FNSM boring.
    Again, orders for #1 and #2 were made at the same time.

Orders for the second issue in this case don't reflect in any way on the response to #1 because the first issue hadn't come out yet.

Future issues will be impacted by the sales of #1 and #2, obviously, but when both #1 and #2 hit in the same month, the disparity between the numbers is about retailers ordering high on a debut and then being more conservative with their orders for #2 because they have no way to gauge yet how the first issue performed for them.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 02-26-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I can't figure that out either; actually, it may be more a case that the title somehow lost nearly 30k for issue 13 and then rebounded as, IIRC, the title has been averaging about 90k since Spencer took over. Either way, very strange indeed.....
    If I had to make an assumption, maybe because its the prelude to "Hunted" that retailers thought it will be more important so ordered more. (And this is a much wilder guess, but maybe because this issue was initially solicited as a "Centidemon" story that might have also incentivized them to order more in case of any reveal?)

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Interesting. Well, hopefully the drop was just a minor anomaly since Spencer's run has been great so far. Though either way, the sales are likely to get further bumps once Hunted begins.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    If I had to make an assumption, maybe because its the prelude to "Hunted" that retailers thought it will be more important so ordered more. (And this is a much wilder guess, but maybe because this issue was initially solicited as a "Centidemon" story that might have also incentivized them to order more in case of any reveal?)
    It seems unlikely that a plot point would have that big of an impact. It's one thing if something is the first chapter of a highly promoted story, so you might have a bump this size for "Hunted" but I don't see Centidemon being that popular, without it being obvious in the comics discussion culture.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems unlikely that a plot point would have that big of an impact. It's one thing if something is the first chapter of a highly promoted story, so you might have a bump this size for "Hunted" but I don't see Centidemon being that popular, without it being obvious in the comics discussion culture.
    That's why I said it was a wild guess, I didn't think it was likely, but it was the only other thing I could think of. And even then the "Hunted" prelude stuff hadn't really been promoted for #14, so it could be literally anything.

Fans saw talk of Aunt May and came out in droves for the sex appeal.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Sales Numbers

Amazing Spider-Man#14 91,697
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man#1 78,021
    Amazing Spider-Man#13 66,396
    Venom#10 58,823
    Web of Venom Unleashed 47,906
    Superior Spider-Man#2 37,684
    Miles Morales Spider-Man#2 33,957
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man#2 32,430
    Champions#1 30,893
    Spider-Gwen Ghost Spider#4 27,721
    Spider-Man Deadpool#44 18,195
    Spider-Man Deadpool#45 17,749

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-01.html
    Not too good for Ghost Spider. I wonder how long before it hits below 20K ?

I hope Miles evens out at that level. Ditto FSNSM
    By the way, don't forget these are the numbers for what comic book shops ordered through Diamond, not necessarily how many copies were sold to actual people. And since we don't know if there could be a decent number of people buying it digitally (something Diamond is not involved with) or if there may be demand for a collected version, that 20K level may not be as big a deal as it might have been in the past.

Case in point:
    146th - Ms. Marvel #37 - 14,250 copies
    272nd - Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur #39 - 5,878 copies

Ms. Marvel is getting a relaunch, but Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur has been surviving. A year ago, we had
    136th - Ms. Marvel #26 - 14,872 copies
    230th - Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur #27 - 6,689 copies

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, don't forget these are the numbers for what comic book shops ordered through Diamond, not necessarily how many copies were sold to actual people. And since we don't know if there could be a decent number of people buying it digitally (something Diamond is not involved with) or if there may be demand for a collected version, that 20K level may not be as big a deal as it might have been in the past.

Case in point:
    146th - Ms. Marvel #37 - 14,250 copies
    272nd - Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur #39 - 5,878 copies

Ms. Marvel is getting a relaunch, but Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur has been surviving. A year ago, we had
    136th - Ms. Marvel #26 - 14,872 copies
    230th - Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur #27 - 6,689 copies
    The main reason Ms. Marvel is getting a relaunch is that the writer is leaving for DC, where she was offered a top-tier book (Wonder Woman.)

Moon Girl also does rather well in the Scholastic books market, to add to your point about non-Diamond sales being important.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The main reason Ms. Marvel is getting a relaunch is that the writer is leaving for DC, where she was offered a top-tier book (Wonder Woman.)
    I believe G. Willow Wilson's first issue of Wonder Woman came out back in November?

BANNED

Not quite true. Wilson still owed DC a book and they offered her Wonder Woman. Not so much a leaving Marvel thing but honoring a previous deal with DC thing.

I believe G. Willow Wilson's first issue of Wonder Woman came out back in November?
    Yes.

The main point is that she's leaving Ms Marvel of her own volition. She's not very prolific, so writing Wonder Woman and Ms. Marvel simultaneously isn't something she'd be able to do for long.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The main point is that she's leaving Ms Marvel of her own volition. She's not very prolific, so writing Wonder Woman and Ms. Marvel isn't something she'd be able to do for long.
    Characters won't last if other creators don't use them.