Default Something I've been thinking about

So in the comics Batman was originally engaged to a Julie Madison and yet she is not very prominent in modern story arcs I 've read a few old comics from the golden age comics and I noticed how in the originals Catwoman wears a mask that completely covers her head and it got me thinking maybe a good spin on Julie Madison would be as an alias for Selina Kyle? I mean it actually fits Catwoman for her to be an actress in her day life. As an actress/celebrity she'd have a lot of access to valuables she could steal. It would also provide many ways for her to meet Bruce as a civilian. Also Catwoman as an actress would fit very well with her personality.

It's just something that has often bothered me Harley is a shrink, Ivy a scientist (or plant doctor), but Selina is never really given a day job and I think her being an actress would really fit.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So in the comics Batman was originally engaged to a Julie Madison and yet she is not very prominent in modern story arcs I 've read a few old comics from the golden age comics and I noticed how in the originals Catwoman wears a mask that completely covers her head and it got me thinking maybe a good spin on Julie Madison would be as an alias for Selina Kyle? I mean it actually fits Catwoman for her to be an actress in her day life. As an actress/celebrity she'd have a lot of access to valuables she could steal. It would also provide many ways for her to meet Bruce as a civilian. Also Catwoman as an actress would fit very well with her personality.

It's just something that has often bothered me Harley is a shrink, Ivy a scientist (or plant doctor), but Selina is never really given a day job and I think her being an actress would really fit.
    She was a prostitute wasn't she? or she's some kind of artist in that Catwoman movie [which apparently DC Nation would like us to believe is part of canon]

She was also a mafia boss.

Selina came from an abused and poor background so makes sense that she isn't well educated like Harley and Ivy. Difficult to attend school when you are busy try to provide the basics and take care of your sister.

If she had a qualification like theirs then she wouldn't be a thief she would be working and paying taxes. She wouldn't be a sort-of-but-not-quite robin-hood.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-24-2019 at 01:33 PM.